Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Recover data from DVD with read errors [SOLVED]

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Re: Recover data from DVD with read errors

Postby jai » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:23 pm

DarkChild wrote:Hello jai.

Heres an alternative addition to what the guys suggested. My suggest is a Windows Base program that is know to work in some of the worst case of "scratched CD's/DVD's or defective Disc.

Unstoppable Copier 4.2:

This program is great for recovering files from scratched CD's or defective floppy/hard disks. Normally when your computer is unable to copy a file from a damaged disk it will abort and delete the portition of the file it has copied. This program however will continue to copy the file right to the end. Any data that is not recoverable after many retries is replaced with blanks. This will allow you to truely recover every byte of information that is available for recovery. The program allows you to specify a single file, a group using wildcards (* and ?) or if you wish, select a starting folder and the program will copy all data from it and any sub folders it may contain. This program doesnt just need to be used for copying files form defective disks, it can be used to transfer any files!

http://majorgeeks.com/Unstoppable_Copier_d2623.html

Thanks Darkchild,
How I could have forgotten this little gem !!!
Thanks bro' <BREW>
jai

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Thanks & no problem brother. I've never had a reason to recover/rescue data etc in Linux!!
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi Jai,
Here's a possible solution for you - If your read errors are due to scratches or blemishes, try polishing the disc with toothpaste (paste not gel) or Braso (metal polish) etc.. Clean from the central rim outwards toward the edge. Has worked wonders for me in the past. ;)

Cheers.
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby jai » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:24 am

Moebius wrote:Hi Jai,
Here's a possible solution for you - If your read errors are due to scratches or blemishes, try polishing the disc with toothpaste (paste not gel) or Braso (metal polish) etc.. Clean from the central rim outwards toward the edge. Has worked wonders for me in the past. ;)

Cheers.

WOW...never heard this before. Now this is what I call "out of the box thinking". I will soon give it a try bro'. Infact problem is due to scratches only :roll:
Thank u so much...
jai

Postby Moebius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:31 am

Make sure you use a soft cloth, and clean from inside - out, not circular! Once done, rinse off with water, dry, then immediately try to copy the contents. ;)

Cheers.
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby jai » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 am

Hooray... <BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
Finally made it. :lol:
I just recovered nearly complete data(94.6%) from my DVD through DVDisaster with some tweakings. :ugeek:

I am very much thankful to everyone who helped :D
Thank u guys !!!

P.S. I was thinking that should I post the settings that I used here as it may come handy for someone else in future. Even beter some more good settings could also be collabrated. What u say guys... <BREW>
jai

Postby Moebius » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:40 am

jai wrote:Hooray... <BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
Finally made it. :lol:
I just recovered nearly complete data(94.6%) from my DVD through DVDisaster with some tweakings. :ugeek:

I am very much thankful to everyone who helped :D
Thank u guys !!!

P.S. I was thinking that should I post the settings that I used here as it may come handy for someone else in future. Even beter some more good settings could also be collabrated. What u say guys... <BREW>

Sounds like the beginning of a great 'How To' to me. ;)
Moebius
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3