Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Thanks for KDE - Theemann

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Thanks for KDE - Theemann

Postby jai » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks Theemann for finally giving us KDE4 on our favourite distro. Now I do not need seperate KDE installation.
Thanks again... :D

A few things I would like to say/point
i) Gnome theme of 2.3 really disappointed me. (Am I allowed to say things clearly and honestly, Thanks)

ii) Sir, could we have XFCE on our x86 machines anytime soon or even LXDE ;) How good is it to install environment through Ultamatix ?

iii) May I request you to give us some tool to remaster Ultimate.Actually I had put a lot of new apps in my 2.2 and tweaked it to my liking and want to keep a copy of the same with me. Remastersys gave me a lot of problem with user groups and finally failed. Could u give/suggest some utility like one which is bundled with DreamLinux, Mint and few others. And yes with no or least scripting on end-user side.

iv) Live DVD does not shut down properly rather it does not shut down at all in last around 10% stage. It hangs there.

I will come up with more after I have tested it more.Currently it is only 15 minutes old on my system. ;)

Thanks again ... <BREW>
Intel Core2Duo
Intel DG33FB board
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB SATA
Onboard Sound & Network

"I am here to learn what you know and share what I know"
Image Image
jai

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Thanks for KDE - Theemann

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:22 pm

jai wrote:Thanks Theemann for finally giving us KDE4 on our favourite distro. Now I do not need seperate KDE installation.
Thanks again... :D

A few things I would like to say/point
i) Gnome theme of 2.3 really disappointed me. (Am I allowed to say things clearly and honestly, Thanks)

ii) Sir, could we have XFCE on our x86 machines anytime soon or even LXDE ;) How good is it to install environment through Ultamatix ?

iii) May I request you to give us some tool to remaster Ultimate.Actually I had put a lot of new apps in my 2.2 and tweaked it to my liking and want to keep a copy of the same with me. Remastersys gave me a lot of problem with user groups and finally failed. Could u give/suggest some utility like one which is bundled with DreamLinux, Mint and few others. And yes with no or least scripting on end-user side.

iv) Live DVD does not shut down properly rather it does not shut down at all in last around 10% stage. It hangs there.

I will come up with more after I have tested it more.Currently it is only 15 minutes old on my system. ;)

Thanks again ... <BREW>

First of all, thanks for your feedbacks. They are always welcome/appreciated, wether good or bad. About your Ultamatix environment installation question. It is 100% good/easy to install any desktop shell using Ultamatix!!

Remastersys Backup is one of the best application to make a personal copy/backup of your system. Its also easy to use.

On the other hand, there is other applications out there like "Reconstruction" which I would only recommend to a professional/Linux expert.

Make sure that your copy of Remastersys is not broken, as it should work perfectly. Please try downloading it over, this time from a different source.

As for your shut-down problem. I reckon that its a hardware problem/compatibility problem that cause it to freeze up/hang an not shut-down successfully.
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi jai,
I can confirm that I have the same issue as you with the Live DVD - the DVD does eject as per normal during shutdown but no message telling me to press enter to continue, it just hangs there. If it is a hardware thing, I'm also running an intel board DG31 with an E8400 Processor.....
I've also noticed you're wanting to run OSX (in your sig) - go for it, works great on an intel board!

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby Uffe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am

Moebius wrote:Hi jai,
I can confirm that I have the same issue as you with the Live DVD - the DVD does eject as per normal during shutdown but no message telling me to press enter to continue, it just hangs there. If it is a hardware thing, I'm also running an intel board DG31 with an E8400 Processor.....
I've also noticed you're wanting to run OSX (in your sig) - go for it, works great on an intel board!

Cheers.

Now I come to think of it, I didn't get that message either. Just did it because that's how it use to work - and it took very long time from I pressed "Enter" to anything happened.
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby razy60 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 am

Me 3. :o

Raz
O/S; U.E 2.6 64 bit, OSX, xp pro, Windows 7 64 bit
Mobo: Asus P6t
cpu, Intel i7 920
ram, 4Gb DDR3 G Skill 1600 ripjaw
lan, realtek rtl8211b
sound, realtek 1200 hd + ati Hd audio
gpu, Asus EAH 5870 1Gb
HDD, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB ssd(OS) 2 x 250 GB(in raid0 for progs) 2x 1TB samsung (storage)
Wireless keyboard Logitek wave
Mouse: Microsoft X8 sidewinder
Display: sharp 42" lcd 1080p tv via hdmi
Laptop:
Dell studio 1557 7 pro x64& Ultimate Edition 2.7 32bit
i7 720 multi core cpu
4GB 1333mhz ram
INtel 5300 agn 802.11n wifi adaptor
Ati radeon HD 4570 512mb gpu
320GB 7200 HDD
1920x1080 screen
1x low opinion of this laptop
razy60
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby jai » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Moebius wrote:Hi jai,

Cheers.

Moebius, I really want to test it on my machine(physical or virtual) but have been a complete failure. I tried iatkos 5i(or something similar :? ) and ideneb but was a failure. It never went beyond Apple logo. I remember it showed some error regarding dupicate kexts(drivers) or something :roll: Could u plz help me in this regard I will genuinely be grateful for any help/guidance. Thank you....

2 darkchild,
Thanks for prompt reply.
I failed 5 times with Remastersys.It created Live DVD but it never logged in. It seems to be asking some user name and password that I don't know :x
Kindly guide me as to what am I doing wrong ? My source for the info and source is this http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1864

Thanks once again... <BREW>
Intel Core2Duo
Intel DG33FB board
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB SATA
Onboard Sound & Network

Image Image
jai

Postby DarkChild » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Please use my uploaded Remastersys from the link below. Look at the provided screen shot for the option that you should select to make a successful Remaster ISO. Please pay attention to where my mouse point is pointing!! I don't see why you shouldn't login if you remastered your system successfully. If you saw a login option with "username" & password" with your remastered dvd, then there should also be a timer count down from 10 seconds or so. You should just leave it & then system would login by it automatically!!
Attachments
remastersys_2.0.11-1_all.deb
Remastersys_2.0.11-1_all
(150.72 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Screenshot.png
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby Moebius » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi jai,
Bit off topic, so I've sent you a PM.
Cheers. ;)
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby Cell » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:59 pm

That way to remaster just copies your os with no personal settings,or configurations.If you want a truly custom remaster to mimic everything you have done then you can do this.

http://stoneredition.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=319
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby jai » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 pm

darkchild666 wrote:Please use my uploaded Remastersys from the link below. Look at the provided screen shot for the option that you should select to make a successful Remaster ISO. Please pay attention to where my mouse point is pointing!! I don't see why you shouldn't login if you remastered your system successfully. If you saw a login option with "username" & password" with your remastered dvd, then there should also be a timer count down from 10 seconds or so. You should just leave it & then system would login by it automatically!!

I did the same thing with the same version but it refused to go ahead of login screen even after waiting for 20 min.That was when I called myself failure with it cause app must be good as so many people are happy with it and it is working excellent for them.

How about a compressed permissions-preserved archive of the root directory excluding few directories.All I want is to be able to copy tweaked,decorated and loaded Ultimate into my friends and brothers computers.

Thanks once again... :)
Intel Core2Duo
Intel DG33FB board
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB SATA
Onboard Sound & Network

Image Image
jai

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3