Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

nvida-xconfig-SOLVED

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

Re: nvida-xconfig

Postby TexasMike » Sun May 31, 2009 12:34 pm

Mazal,
I have been where you are now with the video problems. I wrote that post refered to by deate as an exercise for me to remember that sometimes the order things are done is the real solution. Before I found that information about the order things should be done when installing Ultimate Edition (thanks to Thee Mahn for that info), my video was so messed up that I was lucky to get to the Login Screen most of the time! Once I read and followed those instructions, my problems with video cards and advanced settings and graphics just disappeared! :o

I am pretty sure this will help solve your problems, too. ;)
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Uffe » Sun May 31, 2009 1:59 pm

Mazal wrote:I'm keen on trying that process , but the re-install part , eish. I just have everything else set up the way I like it.
4 Days work that have to be redone. But most configs should be in my home folder if I back that up yes ?

You should have learned enough i those 4 days to know what and where your customization is done. You will make a fresh install in 3-4 hours. 8-) (The "hard-core boys" here says they do in less than a hour) ;)
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Wolfie Lee » Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Yes, I have to agree with Uffe, here....
I RECENTLY (4-5 days ago) did a fresh install / upgrade to 2.1.....and with all the improvements to the OS, AND the skills I have gained, here, and at the Ubuntu Forums site, I had everything up and running to my preffered app.'s / operating environment within a couple of hours (from the time of putting the instal disc in, NOT after the instal). I'm glad you "took the time" to calm yourself, and decided to keep on with it......you would be cheating yourself, otherwise. I have ALSO learned that, as has become clear in this thread, just because you want to do things "THIS WAY".......that may not be the best route...it is best to, as you have decided, rely on the tips given here, as those who give the best advice have gone down very similar roads you are now coming to, yourself. :D

Go Slow......
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby deate » Sun May 31, 2009 6:33 pm

Just the obligatory follow up question...did you check your Md5sum to make sure it was correct? and did you burn at a very low speed 2X or 4X, the only reason I ask, is that you have a very "buggy" installation, and Ultimate Edition isn't a buggy distro, usually runs perfectly out of the box
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby deate » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am

Mazal wrote:I burnt at x6 I think if I remember correctly. md5sum , I don't know how to do that. Yeah I'm getting frustrated as I run into a lot of little irritating things. I have plenty bugs or things I struggle with.
But I think I must do the re-install and then all the updates and see. If I still have so many issues I might need a different .iso ?

I'm not saying that this is where your problems are coming from, but....burning "this" .iso at that speed is "known" to cause burn errors...md5sum check should always be the first step to verify that the .iso is correct, there are instructions here someplace...Newbie's section, or How To section, if you don't find instructions you understand there, Google search, Verify you have a good .iso...then reburn at a slower speed, do these things first, before you waste any more time with installations...if you don't have a good "File" to begin with, you'll never achieve success...burn at your slowest speed possible
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1