Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

ndiswrapper

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

ndiswrapper

Postby linuxfreack » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:45 am

How com that ndiswrapper issend included in the distro :o
I have made my laptop dualboot with Ultimate Edition 2.0 and downloaded ndiswrapper with that and saved it on the Ultimate Edition 2.1 partition.
-ndiswrapper-common
-ndiswrapper-utils-1.9
-"ndisgtk" (very nessesery it diddend work from the commandline even wen i blacklisted everyting that needed to bee).
With the interface it workt directly.
For me it's is easy I always have my .inf file on my USB stick like this i can always install and activate my wifi card without internet connection.
For the rest it's "BEAUTIFUL" very nice work. :D :o :D
linuxfreack
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: ndiswrapper

Postby pch.shot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:28 am

Maybe Ubuntu is trying to discourage us from using anything Windows related just like Windows ignores and discourages using Linux.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby linuxfreack » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm

I like that to no more windows but when you have e wireless card like mine and you don't have e wired connection your screwed.
This is e problem well known way don't day find e solution for this :?: :?:
I love Ultimate Edition the best, but example mandriva 2008 or 2009 supports by default this wifi card way did dent ubuntu do that :?: :?:
greetz,
linuxfreack
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 pm

The solution is for the hardware manufacturers themselves to build drivers for Linux. Microsoft has the monopoly. The only way there will be change is if people stop buying hardware that is not compatible with Linux. Once the makers of all this crap are a little shorter in the pocket book they might just change their mind. The next time you go to purchase something, take an Ultimate live disc with you and make the sales person hook up whatever you want to purchase, and if it doesn't work make them hook up something that does!!!! Most of the manufacturers are scared to mess with Microsoft for fear they will stop promoting their crap. That's why I like Intel because they don't give a $#!% about anyone. They dictate the cpu market right now and will so for the foreseeable future.
If there is a source driver available, you compile it for Ubuntu and send it to them. Make your first .deb.
There is a project for you. That's what used to happen in the old days of Linux!!!!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God