Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

suggestions

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.0

suggestions

Postby nynoah » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 am

hey this is just a suggestion for future reference. I am not sure where to post future suggestions. But I like how Open SUSE organizes their installs. One of the things I don't like about Ubuntu is the fact that it does not make a separate home partition when it installs. It makes reloading a system hard to do without doing a full wipe. I have no clue how to add that or if it is possible. But just thought I would throw the idea out there.

Also for anyone who is a hardcore torrenter.

I used Deluge and find that to be the best torrent program.

I also use Mobloquer any time I am torrenting. I think EVERYONE should run this program if you are torrenting anything. This program will help you by blocking malicious torrenters. Its like a form of Peergarden. Its really just a graphical front end to Moblock. I have been running it for a year and have not had a problem with it.

There is info here on how to install it http://mobloquer.foutrelis.com/

Thanks for making Ultimate Edition. Hope I can add to the community in the future.
nynoah
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 32 BIT

Re: suggestions

Postby stanca » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:59 am

I just install UE2.0 64bit and from partitioning I choose a separate partition for media. So it is possible. It worked perfectly. Just make a second partition and mount it as ext3 with "home" as point. Now I have 2 separate partitions for filesystem and home. ;)
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am

stanca wrote:I just install UE2.0 64bit and from partitioning I choose a separate partition for media. So it is possible. It worked perfectly. Just make a second partition and mount it as ext3 with "home" as point. Now I have 2 separate partitions for filesystem and home. ;)

Good choice!
Most folks who have had a few Ubuntu installs under their belt will choose this option, as it allows you to reinstall a different release without loosing any data. you just need to reinstall your special linux apps and they will use the same settings as before.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby kiwinsn » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:37 am

The only problem I have with doing this is that it keeps your personal settings from the last.

By this, I mean that I was running 1.9 64bit with themes etc set.

I ran 2.0 LiveDVD and saw the animated cursors in the default theme, and liked it. When I did the install, my old settings came to the fore.

I didn't really mind, but I wanted those animated cursors. SO I copied my /home data elsewhere, installed (formatting each partition) and then copied the data back. I don't have much as my important stuff is on a 500gb external, so doing it that way isn't a worry. And an install is so quick anyway.

I know it can be done, but I don't have the time to delve in and search....so I have the default theme with the cursors. If I change the theme, the cursors disappear.

Oh well....when I get time to play around, I'll find it.

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.0