Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.9

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.9 has been released

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:00 pm

myfavmar wrote:Thanks To TheeMAn,

Finally a distro I can love. You have done a fantastic job. You are definitely married to your code and writing it.

Goodbye windows.......OH what peace of mind I will now have. Ultimate 1.9 is stable, looks and works great.
I do not game much any more. But the high tek look and feel of this distro of yours handles all the other stuff I do. I am a photographer(amateur) and it works just great for all my needs.
Asus G1s laptop with 4Gig of ram, intel core duo 2.0 Ghz, 256 meg video 8600m GT on nvidia drivers.
I am running all 64 bit on my laptop and it has never run so well. It came loaded with Vista32 bit. Tried Vista 64
but it proved to be as unstable as the 32 bit version. I have an older PC running XP pro french for my daughter and she wishes there were a french distro that she could use. She will have to learn english.

Writing from Quebec City, Canada.

Cheers <BREW>

Thanks, I am sorry I am trying to catch up (updating 5 sites put me further behind), ~20000 posts mission impossible (thank god for admin and mods), Ultimate Edition 2.0 will soon drop, I hope to be able to be attentive to users issues with 2.0, I have been worth a sack of crap to help anyone since I would like to think 1.8, I have been trying to get those things, such as writing webpages out of my way, thanks Ziv, so I can concentrate on my work.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Zero » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:52 pm

so, i have the Ultimate DVD, i want to use Wubi seeing as how i cant use the livecd installer to make a partition, does teh wubi inside of the ultimate 1.9 DVD install Ultimate? or just regular ubuntu?
Zero
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Zero wrote:so, i have the Ultimate DVD, i want to use Wubi seeing as how i cant use the livecd installer to make a partition, does teh wubi inside of the ultimate 1.9 DVD install Ultimate? or just regular ubuntu?

As far as wubi, I honestly do not know I have never wubi'd it (I have very little use for windows) ;) In Ultimate Edition 2.0 it includes a "USB installer", by the way will allow you to install it w/o even having a dvd or usb stick for that matter. I have written it to autodetect what os you are currently running and launch accordingly.This is better then any ubuntu I have ever seen, when you stick a ubuntu disk in your drive and are running ubuntu it does squat other then to ask you if you wish to add it to your "distro list", not Ultimate Edition 2.0:
example.png
autorun

Innovation at it's finest, it will only get better. If you are in windows then wubi comes up (I may change this as well to prompt the end user wubi or unetbootin), this may not make a 2.0 release, I have at least 10 years in programming experience in windows, so yes it will eventually happen.

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby prlk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:21 am

I have downloaded and wrote the iso on a DVD. i got one doubt whether the DVD is bootable or we have to boot it from windows. if not bootable, what has to be done to make it bootable. as i have already installed a linux which is also working on debian repo. Please reply me immediatly and also as soon as possible.
Compaq Pressario V3335TU
Intel 945GM motherboard
1.67GHz Intel Dual - Core Processor
1GB RAM, Intel onboard graphics card
160GB SATA HDD.
prlk
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TimelessRogue » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:45 am

Yes, the DVD is bootable providing it was properly burned ... but, you first will need to make sure your system is set to boot from the CD/DVD drive ... <F2> or <F9> on most systems will let you change the boot order. If it still won't boot, you may have to re-burn the ISO to a fresh DVD.
"There's nothing I can't do ... only things I won't do!" ... The Rogue

HP Pavilion dv9000ec 17" Widescreen Laptop
OS: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64 w/ 2.6.27-8-generic kernel
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58
Memory/Storage: 2 Gigs w/ 2 SCSI 120mb drives - WinVista & Ultimate 2.0 x64
Graphics/Audio: nVidia GeForce 7150/nForce 630M & nVidia MCP67 Hi-Def Audio
Network/Ethernet: Broadcom BCM4312 802.11a/b/g & nVidia MCP67 Ethernet
DVD/CD: Pioneer DVDRW DVR-K17
Other Stuff: Phillips 80w 2.1 ext speakers, Memorex wireless mouse, HP WebCam
TimelessRogue
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby prlk » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:27 pm

it got installed just fine. thanks a lot Ultimate edition team for releasing a beautiful OS. Thanks a lot.
Compaq Pressario V3335TU
Intel 945GM motherboard
1.67GHz Intel Dual - Core Processor
1GB RAM, Intel onboard graphics card
160GB SATA HDD.
prlk
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Wow, 31,000 views here should I get excited? Thank you mods / admin, as soon as Ultimate Edition 2.0 goes hot both 1.9 global threads will vanish , I should not say vanish, but will cease global.

I try to post for all to understand. Ultimate Edition 2.0 is coming. It will be RSS fed, to the world, the second that changes anyone that has it set as a feed will know so. Want to write that post ziv? ;)

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby tuxsax » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 am

TheeMahn wrote:Wow, 31,000 views here should I get excited? Thank you mods / admin, as soon as Ultimate Edition 2.0 goes hot both 1.9 global threads will vanish , I should not say vanish, but will cease global.

I try to post for all to understand. Ultimate Edition 2.0 is coming. It will be RSS fed, to the world, the second that changes anyone that has it set as a feed will know so. Want to write that post ziv? ;)

TheeMahn

No problem, I can write it, I just need you to give me some details about what are the additions, differences, etc. I could base it on the 1.9 announce and make the necessary changes to it, don't you think?
Bare with me as this will be my first time writing an announce from scratch.
Also, I must know when exactly this needs to be posted. I want to know if there's a deadline, when is it.

Ziv
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby spantch101 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:02 pm

this is by far the best OS i have ever used... i have been dual booting Ultimate Edition with Vista since 1.7 and i messed up by doing a clean install of Ubuntu 8.10.... now i miss Ultimate Edition and have been watching this forum ever since i downgraded to regular ubuntu..lol..
Toshiba Satellite A200-AH1(because it was cheap) linux allows it to perform better
120GB Toshiba HDD
250GB Seagate External HDD
2x512mb DDR2 Samsung Ram
Intel Celeron M:(
Really cheap... but reliable... haven't had a problem yet with Ultimate Edition...other than my sound..speakers won't mute when i plug in headphones.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
spantch101
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 64 BIT

Postby dragonfly » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi everyone, I just downloaded Ubuntu 2.0 and tried it as a live disc, but I cannot bring myself to get rid of Ubuntu 1.9. I still think it is the best ever and it will take an awful lot of persuasion to make me change. I installed the themes and backgrounds from 2.0 and they are marvelous. They add a lot of class to my 1.9 but I still love my 1.9. This is certainly not to detract anything from 2.0, I guess Thee Man just gave me something (Ubuntu 1.9) I don't want to part with LOL
dragonfly
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.9