Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

yea i really need help

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

yea i really need help

Postby killertea » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:00 pm

i have Ubuntu 8.04 Ultimate Edition, and ever once in a while i will be online using Firefox 2. something. due to it just closing on me, that also happen to me while using Firefox 3. so i ask are internet tech and he said that it has something to do with the adobe flash player, so he told me to download opera and i did and it works better then Firefox, but now here's the thing i can't login to my myspace account when i am using opera. i put my email and my password and it loads up and shows my profile and then puts me back to the main menu.

the problems are.

1. Firefox shuts off when i am in the middle of something.
2. i have problems with ren-py i don't know how to update it.
3. i downloaded the newest ren-py but it wants to run off the virtual box.
4. can't really log on to myspace using opera.
5. i am trying to use this web site http://www.skem9.com/index.php to get a layout for my myspace and gaiaonline accounts.( i don't know how to put the code in the myspace account.
6. my compiz-get is not working right meaning. everything from the cube to the minimize maximize exit buttons go bye bye when i chose from the appearance preferences/visual effects/custom, just will not work.

but when i chose the none on the visual effects my minimize maximize exit
come back.

questions.

1. how do i fix all of these problems?
2. how can i transfer stuff from my Ubuntu to my virtual box?
3. what stuff do i need to be ably to play my ps2 games on my computer i know there is some type of software that will be ably to do that, but i can't figure out how to do it, use it.
4. how to i use ren-py/ update or upgrade.
5. should i hate Ubuntu?
6. i can't input my myspace code layout thingy, how do i do that, casuse when i try to input the my space code, i go to the part where it says edit profile, and then after a few seconds Firefox closes on me.
7. how do i get/ delete the the tracker thing that shows up on the top panel.
8. is there a way that i can change my ip address so i can log on to a web site that has banned my account?

please help me, i am not really new but i could be called a noob, but just help me

P.S_ i know how to use the terminal really real i mean yea.
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: yea i really need help

Postby killertea » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:31 am

ok i have had rhis problem now for about 3-4 monthe now, so please help me.
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:36 am

As far as the FF2 issue, have you tried to erase your ~/.mozilla folder? Sometimes you get some nasty stuff in there and it messes up FF. I know this to be true when going from FF3 to FF2 you have to erase that folder. It will get -re-created automatically.
As for the massive list that follows that problem.... I would seriously reconsider just re-installing Ultimate Edition. I'm sure all these problems can get sorted out and repaired, but by the time you 'try' to fix all these things and the amount of time it takes everyone else in here to figure it out, you could have re-installed it a dozen times ;)

btw- FF2 works just fine with myspace. The only thing that will give you grief is trying to design your own page with it using their editor (needs IE5 or higher which you can download and use with WINE)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby killertea » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:37 pm

As far as the FF2 issue, have you tried to erase your ~/.mozilla folder? Sometimes you get some nasty stuff in there and it messes up FF. I know this to be true when going from FF3 to FF2 you have to erase that folder. It will get -re-created automatically.
As for the massive list that follows that problem.... I would seriously reconsider just re-installing Ultimate Edition. I'm sure all these problems can get sorted out and repaired, but by the time you 'try' to fix all these things and the amount of time it takes everyone else in here to figure it out, you could have re-installed it a dozen times ;)

btw- FF2 works just fine with myspace. The only thing that will give you grief is trying to design your own page with it using their editor (needs IE5 or higher which you can download and use with WINE)

no i did not do that, but i did move on to my desktop, and it did re-created it, and then it started to work the g\right way, then i move my bookmarks to the new .mozilla folder and it was working like new nothing bad happening to it then just two days ago it started to go back to shutting download/ closes down on me when i am searching the internet.
____________________________________________________________________--

Was thinking about the compiz problem, are the options still ticked or do they automatically lose their tick after you have selected them?

If the is the case try this

Export your profile in CCSM so you have it saved someplace. Go into
Software Sources and make sure that you don't have any third-party
repositories enabled.
Then enter the following.

Code: Select all
$ sudo aptitude update
$ sudo aptitude clean
$ sudo aptitude purge ~ncompiz ~nemerald ~nlibdeco ~nberyl
$ rm -r ~/.compiz # gets rid of your compiz settings completely
$ sudo aptitude install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager emerald

Then start up compiz and see if it works. If so, go ahead and import
your profile again.

Hope this helps

When I was on Myspace I never had a problem logging in with Opera so not sure what's happening there. I found if it doesn't work in Firefox it works in Opera.

Will see what we can do about the other problems.

I can't find the CCSM where is it located? (oh i fonund it. but there are 2 of them, an 2 of simple ccsm.

and it's locked.

the opera thing, is there a thing that can record my screen as i am doing some thing like what they use on youtube, cause if there is i would like to have one so i could show you what is happening to me on opera.

and the
Was thinking about the compiz problem, are the options still ticked or do they automatically lose their tick after you have selected them?
yea it does that, and when i go to the appearance preferences/visual effects/none, every thing works but of cores it will work, so when i go to appearance preferences/visual effects/custom to make it to what i want it to work. i click what i want to click and it stays there but it will not do what it supposed to do. and some of them i click and in a few seconds they are not clicked any more.
Ren-py

Taking a stab that i've got the right program as i've never heard of it before, when you say you downloaded it did you download the linux version? Because it's trying to open in the virtual box going to take a stab that it's the windows based program (hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong) I am also assuming you virtual box is windows

Found this http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Linux_Launcher might help with the problem

i did download that but did not know where to put it, and then it wanted to still run on the virtual box., so i right clicked it and told it to open with wine, and now it works but i still want it to be in the right place.

if i missed any thing please help me with it.
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby pch.shot » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 pm

Do a clean install definitely. It will take less time than to try and diagnose the problem. If I can't figure out an error in less than 2 hours, I re-install. That's the time it takes me to be up and running again. I have installed and re-installed hundreds of times using many different operating systems. I have one small fast hard drive just for my operating system and software. All my data is on other computers or hard drives. I like to live on the edge when it comes to operating systems. Never be afraid to try new things!! pch
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby killertea » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:02 am

if you mean reinstalling the whole operating system i tried that already. i did that 4 times now. when i do a full reinstall the only thing that does not work is the compiz.
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:41 am

killertea wrote:if you mean reinstalling the whole operating system i tried that already. i did that 4 times now. when i do a full reinstall the only thing that does not work is the compiz.

OK, if your getting errors with a fresh install, than you are doing something that no-one else is. What is it exactly that you've done after your fresh install? By the sounds of it, your trying too hard to keep your precious bookmarks and FF settings ..... forget them! Don't use them again, there is obviously something in them that screws up your system. Delete them, do not 'move' them. Its like installing a fresh copy of XP or VISTA and then running a backup disk to put all the crap back in there again to just slow it down or even give you a 'stored' virus... not a good idea. IF your going to start fresh, then start fresh and forget your old junk.

-- on the compiz settings, whats going on with that? All you should need to do after a fresh install is to re-install your video drivers using envyNG (depending on your graphics card/ solution)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby killertea » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 pm

OK, if your getting errors with a fresh install, than you are doing something that no-one else is. What is it exactly that you've done after your fresh install? By the sounds of it, your trying too hard to keep your precious bookmarks and FF settings ..... forget them! Don't use them again, there is obviously something in them that screws up your system. Delete them, do not 'move' them. Its like installing a fresh copy of XP or VISTA and then running a backup disk to put all the crap back in there again to just slow it down or even give you a 'stored' virus... not a good idea. IF your going to start fresh, then start fresh and forget your old junk.

-- on the compiz settings, whats going on with that? All you should need to do after a fresh install is to re-install your video drivers using envyNG (depending on your graphics card/ solution)

on the bookmarks ok i'll forget about them. will tell i get back on the internet then i'll just bookmark them by memory. now with the fresh install what i do is put in the cd that i made, went and booted it using the live thiny, then double click install, does not work.i go to the system then click install still does not work. so i install ubuntu then i put in the Ultimate Edition 1.8 cd that i made and then hit install and then it starts to work.

the weired thing is i have to have a regular Ubuntu installed on the hard disk before i install the ultimate edition 1.8.and when i do finely install it, what i do is install the drivers, the sound drivers, graphics drivers bla bla bla... then go to the compiz and click the stuff like the cube,and the other stuff. some of it works and some of it just will not work.

the problems are.

1) i have to have Ubuntu installed on my hard drive before i install Ultimate edition 1.8.
2)compiz still does not work after reinstalling the whole system.

questions
1) is there a way that i can put my passwords on a cd or is there a way where they are text so i could print them out so i could not forget them?
2) i have a hp all-in-one printer, called 1610 psc. i plug it in Ubuntu installs it and then says that there is a jam i took it apart and there is no paper jam, so i put it back together and then i read it closely it says that i have a meadia jam how can i fix that?
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby deate » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:49 am

killertea wrote:

on the bookmarks ok i'll forget about them. will tell i get back on the internet then i'll just bookmark them by memory. now with the fresh install what i do is put in the cd that i made, went and booted it using the live thiny, then double click install, does not work.i go to the system then click install still does not work. so i install ubuntu then i put in the Ultimate Edition 1.8 cd that i made and then hit install and then it starts to work.

the weired thing is i have to have a regular Ubuntu installed on the hard disk before i install the ultimate edition 1.8.and when i do finely install it, what i do is install the drivers, the sound drivers, graphics drivers bla bla bla... then go to the compiz and click the stuff like the cube,and the other stuff. some of it works and some of it just will not work.

the problems are.

1) i have to have Ubuntu installed on my hard drive before i install Ultimate edition 1.8.
2)compiz still does not work after reinstalling the whole system.

questions
1) is there a way that i can put my passwords on a cd or is there a way where they are text so i could print them out so i could not forget them?
2) i have a hp all-in-one printer, called 1610 psc. i plug it in Ubuntu installs it and then says that there is a jam i took it apart and there is no paper jam, so i put it back together and then i read it closely it says that i have a meadia jam how can i fix that?

what i do is put in the cd that i made, went and booted it using the live thiny, then double click install, does not work.i go to the system then click install still does not work
I think you have a bad burn of the ISO of Ultimate Edition. First, did you check the md5sum? to verify that the ISO was correct? If your OS (ULTIMATE EDITION) does not start an install from the "LIVE" cd that you burned, then more than likely you have a corrupt copy. This would be the very first place to start in solving your problems, as it is not necessary to have any other version of "Ubuntu" installed "Before you install "ULTIMATE EDITION"
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby killertea » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:30 pm

ok i got a new new cd of the U.E 1.8 all i have to do now is take all of my stuff and put it on a cd so i wont lose any data when i reinstall U.E 1.8. see you guys in a few hours.
killertea
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8