Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Hi New this Ultimate a Few question

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Hi New this Ultimate a Few question

Postby chris47 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi I am not new to linux, but this flavor of it I am.. I have been playing around with linux for about a year.. I have tried all types inclucing ubuntu, pinguy, mint, Zorin, and now this.. I will say it is quit a different than the standard ones I have used. I do like the look and layout, it is very catching, and seems to be packed with more programs than most... I was not to sure about it at first as it does seem to have a few problems I need to have answere to, so I have decided to put it all in one post rather, than starting multiple threads.. First off is when firts booting to the desktop, sometimes the taskbar up top does not load. The only way I can get it back is to do a restart of the computer from the box.. Second under display, it shows my display being a laptop, I have a pc with a 23.6 inch screen. Whe you choose detect it does nothing and always shows it as a laptop.. Third, underback ground, there seems to be a lot of blank boxes that are just white.. I'm assuming there is suppose to be some kind of picture or something.. Fourth in the browser they seem to have a few issues as well. In firefox, if I go to my mail account and try to click on a piece of mail, it will not open.. I did not have this same issue with other linux distro usiing the same browser, but this one... If I right click and try to delete, all it does is show me other things I can do, that do not seem to be anything you do in a web browser. It will let me cut and paste or rename etc.. but I'm not able to delete mail, like I have done in other linux distro.. I hope some of this maes sense,but that is the best was I can describe say the browser issues.. Over all I like what you have put together, and hope to see more in your next release.. Thank you..
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Re: Hi New this Ultimate a Few question

Postby chris47 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:51 pm

Bumb any thoughts on these issue.. Firefox mail issue took care of itself.. Must have been on hotmail side... any thoughts on the rest.. Another issue pop up is if I need to gain root access, my log in fails all the time, and I put in the correct information.. This has been a problem with any linux distro in general...
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby chris47 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:50 am

bumb I quess no one here as any clue on to solve these problems...
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:23 am

Hi chris47,

it sounds like you have a bad install try downloading again and burning at the lowest speed possible :D
also please post your specs ( best to place it in your signature) so it will be easier to help you <BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby chris47 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:38 am

Hawks-SOAD wrote:Hi chris47,

it sounds like you have a bad install try downloading again and burning at the lowest speed possible :D
also please post your specs ( best to place it in your signature) so it will be easier to help you <BREW>

Thanks for reply, most of the issue I managed to fix with reburn and reinstall.. The monitor issue I fixed by updated nvidia drivers to 304.43 from nvidia. Firefox has other issues as it will not spell check half the time, even after a reinstall.. The taskbar at top seems to be showing up each time I trun the pc on so that seems ok now as well.. The pass word thing sometimes it gives me issues, and sometimes it doesn't.. Like I said this has been a on going problem with every type of linux disto I have tried.. The missing background pictures still exist, there are many there put a bunch are missing ie white, and some black boxes no pictures.. My system specs which I will add in sig are

Mother board -DFI landparty UT NF4 sli-D
CPU AMD Athlon 64X2 Teledo 2.4 ghz
Ram 4 Gigs Corsair Xtreme DDR 400 (pc 3200)
Video Card-Asus Nvidia GTX 500Ti Fermi
Monitor-ASUS 23.6
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby Bnjamin_Breeg » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:04 am

Hi chris47,
I would first like to say welcome to Ultimate Edition. I myself have run into some of these problems with my home system. My laptop runs perfect. I have found that the spell check in Firefox not working also. I think Firefox is set up to update the stable daily build. So it's beta so there are going to be bugs. I'm going to talk to TheeMahn about doing a maintainence upgrade on it after 3.5 is final. So if you can bare with us.
Now for the background pics that are white. If I remember right they were using Emerald. Where as 3.4 doesn't have Emerald. Emerald was written for GTK2 and Ultimate Edition 3.4 uses GTK3.
And Thanks again for giving Ultimate Edition a whirl.
Main O/S: Ultimate Edition 3.5 with a custom Iron Maiden theme
Mainboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Ram:6Gb:Kingston DDR2
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Hard Disk:2-250 gig WD Sata II
Writemaster DVD Burner,and a LG DVD Burner
32" Panasonic TV/monitor, SAMSUNG 2243BWX BLACK 22" LCD
Pioneer Amp and receiver with 110 watts per channel x4
Bnjamin_Breeg
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby chris47 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Bnjamin_Breeg wrote:Hi chris47,
I would first like to say welcome to Ultimate Edition. I myself have run into some of these problems with my home system. My laptop runs perfect. I have found that the spell check in Firefox not working also. I think Firefox is set up to update the stable daily build. So it's beta so there are going to be bugs. I'm going to talk to TheeMahn about doing a maintainence upgrade on it after 3.5 is final. So if you can bare with us.
Now for the background pics that are white. If I remember right they were using Emerald. Where as 3.4 doesn't have Emerald. Emerald was written for GTK2 and Ultimate Edition 3.4 uses GTK3.
And Thanks again for giving Ultimate Edition a whirl.

Hi Bnjamin thanks for given me the low down on what those issue are.. Just to be sure it wasn't a bad install, late last night I reburned it, but this time in Ultimate instead of my Windows 7 system.. Those problems now seem minor sense I know what the issue is.. This by far is the best system I have tried and with those few exceptions is better than the other linux OS I have used.. This will be a keeper for me, and look forward to seeing what Ultimae 3.5 has to offer.. I hope my machine is not sto slow for the next build, as I do not have the funds,like I use to to be able to build a new machine.. The only other small issue I have is that some times the gnmone task bar top and bottom, do not appear on start up,and I have to reboot machine to get it to work.. Some times it is 2-3 times reboot before it works.. Like I have said the display being detected as a laptop is now fixed, with the latest driver updated from nvidia...
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
Monitor-Asus 23.6
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor