Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Xmas Edition???

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Xmas Edition???

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:14 pm

I know not all of you have used Ultimate Edition since the begining, so I will take some time to elaborate... Back in 2006 I created Ultimate Edition formerly then called Ubuntu Xmas Edition as a Christmas present to Ubuntu users (if you really want to learn the history, not one post by me - I want the users to describe what I do). Wow did it take off so much so that a single site could not handle the traffic, knocking me offline more then being up. Well today some has changed, 6 sites are not enough, not to mention our mirrors & more users coming daily (this site has the lowest traffic of all the sites). It has become a tradition around here to release a "Christmas Edition" each year, No I will not fail on you this year work is already in progress as a matter of fact it is uploading as I type this.

Well I do not want to give all the details out yet, this is my initial post on what is coming, I will also let you know Cowboy one of our fine admin here has created some really nice eyecandy, as well as Redteam has developed a absolutely awesome Usplash (better then I have ever seen). We are a team right? I do have a ultimate-edition-xmas-theme-pack the admin is currently testing, not one complaint yet. I would like for you to have this as well, but with time comes the best things in life.

We have a really great team on board, some hand picked by me, something I typically do not have time for anymore. You will understand that when you see "Ultimate Xmas Edition", coming soon... Do I ever get a break I just droped Ultimate Edition 2.0?

We have a new mirror coming on board if he is up to "the pepsi challenge", still waiting on his PM, this release will be forum exclusive there will never be a page written for this release, aren't you glad you are a member, you will be.

12/17/08: It has been released to the public, download link info can be viewed at the bottom of this post, Enjoy.

12/15/08: Redteam took care of business and is no joke, it is beyond any USplash I have ever seen:
good job.png
Redteams Usplash 100+ MB !!!

Let me tell you what you can not see, it is animated. Snow falls as the Ultimate Edition symbol spins and the candycane progresses. Apps / Environments? no shortage, I will drop further screenshots of me installing it / running it, I am uploading the final, like it or not. I will provide time for Paul to grab it and other mirrors, Paul however wants to take this release on his own - he is studying traffic, I will not even host this release, unless he fails.

Nothing personal I look for him to fail even if it is a limited release. Many will standby, if so happens. I still have not fed admin details yet other then screenshots. Good luck Paul.

12/11/08: Much has changed since my last update to this post, I felt an update was appropriate. There has been a delay & as much as I hate to give my admin a deadline, I have done so the 15th to turn in their work for me to deploy. Do not think I have not been using my time constructively, not only will Xmas Edition have KDE, XFCE & Egnome, but Open Office 3 (after I reboot I will be testing it), I am waiting on a USplash, once Redteam passes it this way, we will have a release. By the way I have written 2 USplashes that will also be released, his I am hoping his will be the default, from what I have seen it will be. We shall see. Sorry for the delay.

11/25/08: I will be soon be installing what will be Xmas Edition Final, if all goes well I will come back drop release info, screenshots etc, please stand by. It is better then what the Admin / mods have been playing with.

Well, good news & bad news, which first, lets do the bad... The Xmas theme does not work on the live end, however once installed all is good... Now the good news, Usplashes work ;) 1 made via Redteam & 2 made by me. This release has one of if not the largest selection of environments / software of any Ultimate Edition release.

Screenshots:
boot1.png
initial boot screen Same ol same ol ;)

boot2.png
animated usplashes

session.png
Session selection (KDE, XFCE, Gnome etc.)

compiz.png
Didn't think I would skip compiz did you ;)

themes.png
Default theme

Don't like the theme change it ;)
themes2.png
No shortage

themes3.png
;)

Probably would be 50 screenshots of just the software in this release. You will have to download it to find out for yourself.

Distro Details:

Currently gone, it is coming, can you take on the world? I already said this is the lowest traffic site I have... I will drop details, just not now, I am already pissed off, for other reasons. 2 days from now start to blame me, or Redteam. I think that is BS because I gave him that time-line, where do I start? Regardless we will have a release, I have enjoyed things they even my admin has yet to see ;)

traffic, singularly, if he drops additional mirrors will be added. This release will be forum exclusive, that means you will not be able to download it unless you are a forum member, the download link will not be shown here but a link to forum members only section.

It has been released download link is located here, only registered members can view the thread.

Merry Xmas from the Ultimate Edition Team,

TheeMahn
Attachments
iceicles 1.png
Icicle - Cowboy's handiwork
snow on top.png
Snowy - Cowboy, never ceases to amaze me.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Xmas Edition???

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Many thanx!!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Merry Xmas ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Now, where is your damn Christmas Avatar!! Ba humbug!!
Attachments
1951-xmas-humbug-scrooge.jpg
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:55 pm

pch.shot wrote:Now, where is your damn Christmas Avatar!! Ba humbug!!

Cowboy can you make that happen? I would like a Santa pulling a Ultimate Edition symbol out of a bag ;)
Attachments
286_Santa.gif
heres a start ;)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Make sure Halle Berry is attached to it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLya_2sNuUA
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Niteflyte2 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 pm

This is really Great....an early Christmas Gift to top off 2.0 on one Rig ,and Gamers ready to go now on another.... with 64-bit waiting in the wings for even another. :D

Thanks very much again. <BREW>

Toshiba QOSMIO X875 3D Laptop
Intel Core i7 3610QM 4 Cores 8 Threads
nVidia Geforce GTX 670M 3GB 1500MB GDDR5
750GB Hybrid HD - 1TB SATA-3 HD
External USB 3.0 HD - 4 X 3TB Seagate
17.3" TruBrite 120HZ Display
46" 120Hz 3D HDTV HDMI Display
Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable

There is no greater religion than a truth
Niteflyte2
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby smuggly » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:59 pm

SOUNDS GREAT!!!!! :mrgreen:
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Phenom 9750X4 Quad,4Gigs G-Skill PC 1066 Ganged Mode
2 500Gb Hd Etc.Ultimate Edition 2.1 X64 ALC 889AHD Sound And Hybrid Xfire Graphics Ati 3200Hd,All Running Great On Ultimate Edition 2.1X_64!!Hauppauge pvr 150 television pci card
smuggly

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:47 pm

This is a special release the admin / mods, some mirrors (incase I have created perfection) have their hands on it as well testers are running it trough the ringers, please sit tight "unless it is perfect" will be some time before you see it, we have a month b4 xmas or close though so. We also have a torrent fella sitting by also on high speed to alleviate those probs.

I just want people to understand.

One of our mirrors is addressing a situation I have yet to address, damn you leechers, knock one of my servers offline, what are you thinking? ;)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Palemoon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:25 pm

As a new Ultimate Edition user (not new to Linux) that has been blown away by such a killer distro...I eagerly await the Xmas Edition.

So I guess this means I will have to put a red hat on my avatar now? Holy crap! Wait...NO redhat here! :mrgreen: Yeah, I know...cheesy. Any hoot, I will work on putting Santa's hat on my av, in preparation for the Xmas release! :)
Palemoon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Next

Return to Archive