Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Total systems crashing

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Total systems crashing

Postby carling » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:14 am

Over this passed couple of months I am getting a total systems crash caused by compiz All this started after some updates, it is something to do with precise from what I can make out, I have reinstalled the system 3 times done the updates sent off the crash reports

it starts by losing the minimize and maximize bar which in a sense don't bother me that much But now other things are going wrong, If I close a page down using the control keys the systems crashes, or if I'm copying and pasting from one page to another it won't do it, and freezes up. sorry to have to say this I'm going to have to dump 3.4 which will be very sickening for me to say the least :vil2_golf :vil2_hockey :vil2_golf I can say I'm far from pleased Tonight I have just lost over an hours work because the system crashed on me
carling
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Total systems crashing

Postby chris47 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:01 pm

I have been experiencing the same thing.. I think it is time to try something else..
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby chris47 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm still using ultimate 3.4 and will give it some to, until certain issues are addressed. The being a LTS version, my hope is the developers will address these current issue with compiz crashing after updates..
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Just a long shot, but is your Java up to date? Currently on 7 and Ultimate Edition was made when version 6 was dominant. Some of those changes have seemed to affect systems very much! All the updates that have come out in the past month, left me with an improvement to Compiz! For the first time ever using it my user name no longer disappears on saved logins!!! Usually would switch out of it, but I see no hassles with it presently! Might still turn it off when using snapshot since the compiz actions are captured and is hard to read what I saved! Will admit I do toggle on and off with it whenever a problem arises! In the past was handbrake but seems to have cleared up now also! Any other distro that uses compiz will also set you with troubles if you have them on Ultimate Edition. Sure would not want to leave this boat(Ultimate Edition) for a disaster distribution! I hope one of us helps you well as I would not wish that on anyone to leave a distro as great as Ultimate Edition!!!! Am sold 100% on Ultimate and will forever give my best wishes to these developers, they need to be commended! If I was more computer literate than I am, I would get to the core of the problem. For now I took a stab in the dark as recent events for myself lead me to believe this is a major solution for most Linux distributions. Take care and I wish you the best!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Archive