Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

repoubuntusoftware.info down? or is there a new one?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

repoubuntusoftware.info down? or is there a new one?

Postby Tru » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:25 pm

I cant get codecs like flash or the media codecs from automatix to install because it says the repo repoubuntusoftware.info is not reachable also if you goto http://ultimateedition.info/ and click on link for Ultimate repository you get a page that says this account has been suspended by the webhost. Is there a new repo that should be added in place of the failed one for Ultimate Edition 1.7 or will this one be fixed soon? Does anyone have a repo that I could put in place of the failed one mentioned above so I can get my media codecs installed?

I must also say good job to the makers of ultimate edition it is very nice to have all the extra goodies out of the box instead of having to install them all on a plain ubuntu install. It also helped me find out about some open source software I never knew was out there. Keep up the good work it is much appreciated. :D
Tru
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: repoubuntusoftware.info down? or is there a new one?

Postby xtremesupremacy3 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 pm

It's very good of you to raise this issue, it certainly would make a lot of sense as there has been trouble upgrading too.
- The little army stands proud against the geeky glasses wearing millionaire of a tyrant -

Arthur
Ultimate Edition 2.2
Dell Inspiron 6400
Intel Centrino Duo 1.8Ghz
1Gb RAM
80Gb Harddrive
AC97 Sound
ATI Radeon Mobility X1400
xtremesupremacy3
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 64 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 pm

You can go here:http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/
A lot of these packages require a little effort to get working, however.
These are Debian builds not Ubuntu so they are not 100% compatible.
In other words, use at your own risk!!
pch
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Tru » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Thank you for the reply's. I think I fixed it I just commented out the repoubuntusoftware.info repo and reinstalled automatix. So far it is downloading all the codecs where it would just fail before because of that repo. If the owner gets the Ultimate Edition repo fixed I will uncomment it.
Tru
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaddyX3 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:14 am

Tru wrote:Thank you for the reply's. I think I fixed it I just commented out the repoubuntusoftware.info repo and reinstalled automatix. So far it is downloading all the codecs where it would just fail before because of that repo. If the owner gets the Ultimate Edition repo fixed I will uncomment it.

I didn't realize that the repo was still down. I know that we got shut down from out hosting company cause of too many simultaneous connections (dial-up users keep em connected for a seriously long time!!!)
I know that TheeMahn is looking for a new hosting company. He's had nothing but bad luck with hosting companies lately! Poor guy is getting slammed (not in a good way) by them and has had a heck of a time keeping them open and alive!!! I'll post a sticky with some info on it and also post in news and events when the server is back up and running.

PS- you sound like a natural linux user, creativity is sometimes a key factor. :D Thanks for the fix & Keep up the good work!

HERE IS THE A LINK TO THE EXPLANATION OF WHY THIS HAPPENED, BY THEEMAHN HIMSELF.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Tru » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:37 am

Thanks for letting me know what happened DaddyX3. I know from looking around the site that he has been moving web hosts and trying to divide up the traffic to different web hosting company's. So, I figured he might have just exceeded his bandwidth or something. I can only imagine the bandwidth he goes through. Maybe just let the DVD ISO's get downloaded through torrents and then use the website for the repo's it would save on the bandwidth usage a bit. Again appreciate the work/time/money that has gone into putting together and distributing Ultimate Edition you guys are doing a great job.
Tru
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7