Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: Once you have Ultimate Edition 1.7 feel free to post...

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:12 am

Baphomet wrote:I see now. Most awesome! Thank you for the clarification, that works perfectly. As usual it was just me missing something.

Also... I'm seeding away, via Bit Tornado, since sometime last night.

Glad to see that your spreading the joy ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby texxan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Great Distro! I have not participated in posting on forums much :roll: but would like to say I'm very impressed with Ultimate Edition. I am at the present time, triple booting my PC with Vista Ultimate, Ultimate Edition 1.6, and Ultimate Edition 1.7. I like to experiance new linux distributions and after looking at Ultimate Edition, I am happy to say I will be staying with it and participating in the forum. This linux distro will be the most likely replacement for Windows on many PC's. I had read about the Christmas Edition too late to get in on the first download for it, and have yet to get an iso of it, but I really like 1.6 and 1.7, and am excited and anxious about getting more familiar with them. :lol: Keep up the Great work! :lol:

P.S. I've been seeding for the past two days with 11.5 GB's uploaded at this time.
Mainboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe; CPU: AMD64 X2 - 4200
Ram: 4 GB Dual Channel DDR 400 - OCX Platnum
Video: 2 X Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS - 256MB each
Hard Disks: Seagate SATA - 1x250 GB, 2x320 GB, 1x320 GB External eSATA

Genius by no means, Smart by all means, Ultimate Edition by any means!
texxan
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DaddyX3 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks for contributing to the forum and all the great compliments! TheeMahn is definitely the one to take the "Windows" outta anyone ;) I agree, that Ultimate Edition will be the replacement someday. Welcome aboard!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Baphomet wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:ccsm has been replaced by compiz-config System >> Preferences >> Advanced Desktop Effects Settings.

Fusion-Icon is also included Applications >> System Tools >> Compiz-Fusion-Icon.

Is there anything ccsm can do that those 2 cant?

TheeMahn

I see now. Most awesome! Thank you for the clarification, that works perfectly. As usual it was just me missing something.

Also... I'm seeding away, via Bit Tornado, since sometime last night.

You are welcome enjoy!!! I would also like to say thanks for the extra effort in coming back here to clarify. Others have learned by what you have asked a beautiful thing what we have here as a community. I most graciously thank you for torrenting, I can't speak for ccal, which I am sure he dumbfounds me in transfer, he as well as I may sleep better knowing others are helping.

Has not made #1 yet... I will drop stats when it has been on the net 1 week as far as bandwidth.
Code: Select all
2.   downloadubuntusoftware.info/ultimate-edition-1.7-gnome.iso   68,225   18.79%   Jan. 30, 2008 00:08

But is responsible for 18+ % of bandwidth not bad for 2 or 3 days ;)

Thanks for your help in seeding...

Welcome to the community,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby mangurt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:50 am

Greetings,
I finally got a chance to download and install UU 1.7. I did notice a few things that were different which came as a suprise. I noticed that the mythtv front and backend were packaged with the distro.

It's not a major thing, but I was somewhat suprised with that. All in all, great release, very clean, very sharp (my wife said, "WOW! How did you do that?" She actually sat down on my system and started using it (she is not very computer literate, used Windows (and hates it). I think I might have actually converted her with this release (YEAH!!!!) I think the comment was something like....why is your old computer faster than mine? Why can you do that and I can't? I thought I had a better computer? (She does, but it's running windows)...

Keep up the great work!
mangurt
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm

mangurt wrote:Greetings,
I finally got a chance to download and install UU 1.7. I did notice a few things that were different which came as a suprise. I noticed that the mythtv front and backend were packaged with the distro.

It's not a major thing, but I was somewhat suprised with that. All in all, great release, very clean, very sharp (my wife said, "WOW! How did you do that?" She actually sat down on my system and started using it (she is not very computer literate, used Windows (and hates it). I think I might have actually converted her with this release (YEAH!!!!) I think the comment was something like....why is your old computer faster than mine? Why can you do that and I can't? I thought I had a better computer? (She does, but it's running windows)...

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and for the info on the convert ;) I got my new T-Shirt today I should have put Ultimate on it instead of Linux, oh well I would rather it be *nix then any Windows ;) The Logo looks slick 3Dish.

Thanks again,

TheeMahn
Attachments
designall.dll.jpeg
Front
designall.dll2.jpeg
Back
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby mangurt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 pm

Love the shirt!!!

As for my wife, she' s really impressed with it. As of right now, I have my system running UU 1.7, the kid's computer running PClinux (it's a really, really old system), and my ancient apple ibook running fedora. Now all I have to do is convince my wife that she could actually run linux, and my house would be windows free!!

One other thing, I really like the idea that you did with combining KDE with the normal gnome install. Because my wife is so use to windows, the idea of running KDE makes linux a lot less scary for her.
mangurt
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby texxan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Hey TheeMahn, do they make those T's for fat guys? I may want one if they do! :D
Mainboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe; CPU: AMD64 X2 - 4200
Ram: 4 GB Dual Channel DDR 400 - OCX Platnum
Video: 2 X Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS - 256MB each
Hard Disks: Seagate SATA - 1x250 GB, 2x320 GB, 1x320 GB External eSATA

Genius by no means, Smart by all means, Ultimate Edition by any means!
texxan
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby compworld2005 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:14 pm

Same here!! Started with the 1.6 distro and must say i am hooked as well as a few of my good friends. Thanks a million goes out to TheeMahn and hope the good work keeps up. Great Job!!!!
William
Antec 900 Gaming Case
Asus P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Quad core Q6600
4 GB DDR2 800 Memory
Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 MB
4 160 GB Sata Hard Drives Raid 0
Ultimate Edition 1.7
compworld2005
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby kiwinsn » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:07 am

Downloaded and installed....no problems apart from what I had with 1.6 so all good.

Thanks so much for your time and effort in making this great package.

Two questions:
Where is the Desktop Effects to configure Compiz-Fusion?
Do I need to run the upgrade on the desktop?

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7