Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Simply amazing...

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: Simply amazing...

Postby jedavies » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 pm

I would like to thank TheMann and the whole crew on their great distro's. I work at one of the largest computer companies in the world and we pride ourselves in offering unix and linux servers to the masses. Which is great for servers, but I was wanting something for my personal computer that would allow me to abandon Windows. Well, I can say I had tried and tested many distro's and had never found a distro that I could use and totally abandon Windows, that is until one day surfing the web I found your Ultimate Edition 1.6. I can honestly say it is by far, better than any other distro out there. It has everything the expert needs and yet makes it very easy for a newbie to install and run. And if that is not enough, you help everyone that asks.

I now have my HP ZD7000 laptop installed with Ultimate Edition 1.7, my wife's IBM T42p installed with Ultimate Edition 1.6 and my sons Toshiba laptop installed with Ultimate Edition 1.6 Gamers Edition. My 2 Desktops have Ultimate Edition 1.6 and Ultimate Edition 1.6 Gamers Edition installed, Pentium D 3.4, 4 gig ram, 2 x 500g Sata Drives and AMD dual core 5000+ with 4 gig ram, and 4 x 500g Drives, and 2 x Nvidia 7950 GT OC in sli mode. Both make great file servers and the AMD plays the games as good if not better than Windows. So, as you can see, no more Windows in this house! I will continue to recommend your distro to anyone who will listen and hopefully one day I can assist you all in some small way.

Thanks again for all your great work and efforts in bringing Linux into the main stream.

BigDaddy from Texas :)

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~ George Orwell ~
BigDaddy
alias M1MG91

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

~ George Orwell ~
jedavies
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Simply amazing...

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Welcome aboard

It's always good to see another Ultimate Edition convert, but doubly so when it's a nix pro.
I'm sure we can all benefit from your presence here.

LeadFingers
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Games under Ultimate Edition 1.7

Postby Maddog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Another cool game !!! Here are some pics from Mu playn in Ultimate Edition !.7
Attachments
update.png
loading&logon.png
my Mu chr Haggarth.png
Maddog
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Maddog » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:34 pm

TheeMahn wrote:It is simply amazing almost no posts to many, many in short order... I did not realize I guess as others have seem fit to say, what a great job I have done. I would like to say thanks foremost to each and every user. Well fellas err ladies n gents; it just keeps getting better, I was recently informed, not that I have time for games. I must admit I love them, well welcome aboard WOW - World of warcraft and works off the rip, windows version and nix problems seem to vanish at each step. Eventually we won't care. All games for *nix period is what I seek.

Posted to gamers:

One of our mods Maddog, has sent me screenies of him running WOW with a default install of Ultimate Edition 1.7, out of the box good to go, he also informed me the same for other online gaming systems. I am a gamer when I would like to relax when time is there in the rare event. None the less have the screenies. Further shots to follow.

Sorry for the interruption in breaking it down. Time is not on my side ;)

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Another cool game !!! Here are some pics from Guild Wars playn in Ultimate Edition !.7
Attachments
GuildWars setup.png
GuildWars install 1.png
GuildWars updateing.png
GuildWars runing in UE 1.7.png
GuildWars runing in UE 1.7 2.png
Maddog
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Maddog » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm

TheeMahn wrote:It is simply amazing almost no posts to many, many in short order... I did not realize I guess as others have seem fit to say, what a great job I have done. I would like to say thanks foremost to each and every user. Well fellas err ladies n gents; it just keeps getting better, I was recently informed, not that I have time for games. I must admit I love them, well welcome aboard WOW - World of warcraft and works off the rip, windows version and nix problems seem to vanish at each step. Eventually we won't care. All games for *nix period is what I seek.

Posted to gamers:

One of our mods Maddog, has sent me screenies of him running WOW with a default install of Ultimate Edition 1.7, out of the box good to go, he also informed me the same for other online gaming systems. I am a gamer when I would like to relax when time is there in the rare event. None the less have the screenies. Further shots to follow.

Sorry for the interruption in breaking it down. Time is not on my side ;)

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Another cool game !!! Here are some pics from Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition playn in Ultimate Edition 1.7
Attachments
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.png
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition playn in UE 1.7.png
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition playn in UE 1.7 1.png
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition playn in UE 1.7 2.png
Maddog
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7