Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Postby Cab » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 pm

Anyone else have a G15 Keyboard and having any luck with display and things? we'll I havent messed with it but I will here shortly. I thought a thread would be nice to put a how to once I figure that out. I'll start with admitting I know nothing 0 about keyboards on *nix. So first question I'll put out is how do you change what the keyboard volume controls? I use the Digital output on my soundcard to a stereo system. I see on screen control when i adjust volume but its not adjusting the one I want it to. Most of you know you can right click on the volume in your tray and select which output you are adjusting. Someone feel free to enlighten me on how to change which output the keyboard controls.
Cab
Mother Board: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO WIFI
CPU: AMD 2700X
Memory: 32GB CORSAIR PRO RGB @3200
Video Card: EVGA GTX1080 FTW
Hard Drives: 1TB Network Drive, 1TB 860 EVO SSD, 1TB 970 EVO M.2
I'm in Southern New Mexico, USA (not Mexico)
Cab
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Re: Logitech G15 Keyboard

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:07 am

I guess I'll be waiting for you to enlighten me about this. I have a media keyboard that hasn't worked since VISTA. Only thing I know is that you could run xdev? to see what the keystrokes are putting out and then there is another gui based utility - (name escapes me at the moment) to assign that keystroke to a command. I'll see if I can find the names for you.

EDIT: It was xbindkeys that I was thinking of. You should ckeck it out and let me know if you get it to work for you.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby Cab » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Well I was hoping for some easy help LOL ! thanks for the reply daddyx3. I have been doing some research and have some ideas to try but have yet to find anything regarding what the keyboard volume control settings are doing. There has to be a config that can be simply edited or something. I'll get brave here real soon like, kinda sitting tight to see what happens with Hardy might fix a couple things if were lucky?
Cab
Cab
Site Admin

Postby LeadFingers » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:55 pm

xbindkeys is in the repos.
If you also get xbindkeys-config (also in the repos) you can use it's GUI.
From the terminal type
Code: Select all
xbindkeys-config

Don't remember if you need to prefix that command with sudo to write to the rs file or not.

A more complete approach might be installing the G15 Daemon from G15tools.com.
The Gentoo-wiki has a few tweaks for the G15 Daemon, you might want to look at as well.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Cab » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Just a note for anyone with a G11 or G15. I'm glad I waited. Hardy Has support for Keyboard built in! I had to use synaptic searched G15 and I got a ton, I have volume control, time displayed and (So it says Macro control). I'll test that shortly. These are newer versions of Daemon that I found on the internet just a week ago. amarock plugins etc.. seem to be working ok. I want to add this is my build of 1.8 64bit not an official TheeMahn one. I wanted to play around but want it to be clear this is not a secret I got it first release. I fully expected to hammer my system and I got lucky from what other adventurous admins are telling me. And so far I agree with the man this harty hotrod will rock. I have a 1.7 64 bit with a Hardy kernal and i'm liking it ALOT.
Cab
Cab
Site Admin

Return to Hardware