Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Cisco Lynksys AE2500 in relation to 3.6 kernel update

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Cisco Lynksys AE2500 in relation to 3.6 kernel update

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Perhaps this is more of a ndiswrapper module error issue for the Windows Wireless Drivers ndissgtk front end than a specific hardware problem.
viewtopic.php?f=7&p=72292#p7229

This works quite well, but not in relation to the proprietary drivers. I mention this because those that are more cutting edge than me may find themselves in the dark when they reboot so maybe some exploring could be done on this. This is not Ultimate Edition specific by any stretch of the imagination, as the weakness of this OS is usually relative to the hardware employing it and the various drivers in play just like any other Linux operating system trying to stay relative to current technology while appeasing beginners such as myself.

What happens is, after upgrading the kernel, the wireless hardware is present and the driver is set (even the little blue led is lit), but it does not work anymore. This also occurs with those systems I have employing the 3.5 kernel while setting it up.. I have installed. I have reinstalled. I have updated and I have not updated. I have cleaned and i have left it dirty. I have tested on fresh installs, and running systems in use. My current solutions to this this have been using alternative hardware(netgear, Android with tether) or reinstallation of the kernel or OS itself. This of course, does not solve anything.

I would like to add that I am well aware of the issues this particular product has already presented. I have also installed this driver before on a few systems. I know it has to be the Xp one, easy to remember, the .inf file ends with a high5. I have the install disc. I have my imprisoned Windows. Thats not what is causing the problem in this case.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Cisco Lynksys AE2500 in relation to 3.6 kernel update

Postby Micro » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:40 am

I had a issue with my wireles with a kernel upgrade in the past. The hardware was recognized, but wasnt active, and all i had to do is activate the device. In your case i would have to say that the ndiswrapper version is most likely incompatible with the 3.6 kernel. Think that stable version is only compatible with 3.3 and 3.4 kernel. Have you tried a newer ndiswrapper rc version yet? (ex. ndiswrapper-1.58rc1) http://wiki.debian.org/NdisWrapper#NDIS_Driver has all the info you need plus the downloads. Hope this helps...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Cisco Lynksys AE2500 in relation to 3.6 kernel update

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:47 pm

I needed to install the ndiswrapper-dkms package. Then I ran modprobe ndiswrapper through terminal.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Hardware