Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

monitor question

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

monitor question

Postby deate » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm

I have a question about an annoyance (not really a problem) during the grub loading and unloading stages of 1.7,(when the red dragon shows up with the status bar) I get a pop up box from my monitor stating frequency out of range. This box stays here until grub is loaded and log in screen pops up, then goes away. I have edited my xorg to indicate horizontal and vertical freq. ranges, but this did nothing for this issue.Has anyone else experienced this with a lcd display analog connection? There was not a problem with this with 1.4 gamers edition, just showed up on 1.6 then 1.7 I have not tried this configuration on any other monitor other than my NEC accuSync LCD 52V
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Re: monitor question

Postby pch.shot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:38 am

It might be the refresh rate on your monitor. For an analog LCD monitor it should be 60hz(System Preferences Screen Resoulution). pch
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby deate » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:50 pm

pch.shot wrote:It might be the refresh rate on your monitor. For an analog LCD monitor it should be 60hz(System Preferences Screen Resoulution). pch

No, I don't think so...I edited the xorg. to include parameters for Hor. &Vert. refresh rates...I'm kind'a thinking there might be some type of disconnect at boot, whereby (since this monitor has an automatic detect for freq.) the monitor is searching for the freq. which is not available till boot is loaded??? I'm going to try with another brand of monitor and see what happens... :?:
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Look where I suggested first and see if the monitor refresh rate is 60hz. pch
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:20 pm

pch.shot wrote:Look where I suggested first and see if the monitor refresh rate is 60hz. pch

You gott'a know this hurts! You're right...there I said it... it's listed there as 50, so how do I change it? Went to administration screens and graphics and selected NEC but there is no AccuSync 52V listed, so tried just 52 V, then AccuSync 5V, after which restarted(2) times...but did not change listing where you told me to look for under preferences....defaults still listed as 50, with only options for change to 51 or 53.
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 pm

It's "System Preferences Screen Resoulution". pch
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:37 pm

pch.shot wrote:It's "System Preferences Screen Resoulution". pch

Ok, this time list included 61 so I set there and clicked apply, then went to restart....same annoying box pops up till load up is complete...then disappears ???
deate
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

It seems odd that you get 61. All I have is 60 and 75. I am using integrated video because I don't play games. Maybe it's because you are using an add on card that isn't configured quite right or the driver is corrupt. You may want to re-install a good driver and see what happens. pch
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:02 pm

pch.shot wrote:It seems odd that you get 61. All I have is 60 and 75. I am using integrated video because I don't play games. Maybe it's because you are using an add on card that isn't configured quite right or the driver is corrupt. You may want to re-install a good driver and see what happens. pch

The 61 came from the :System administration...screens and graphics...when I scrolled through to find NEC then scrolled thru to model 52V set at 1024X768 indicates 61, I am indeed using restricted drivers, but I don't think that's where the problem is, cause I just changed Cards from 6600 to 7600 and it was doing it on both cards, BTW I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers at card change time...might be the fact that actual model # isn't listed...like I said under NEC..you can find AccuSync but with no52V or you can find LCD 52V with no AccuSync, I'm going now to hook up my Samsung monitor, will post back with results...
deate
Site Admin

Postby deate » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Boy, if that's not the wierdest buggiest crazy thing I've ever seen...why me! Turned power supply off, undid NEC monitor, connected Samsung monitor, turned power supply back on, booted, everything looks good,still have my cube and every thing working POP UP BOX is gone, must be something with NEC monitor, click Firefox icon and get to Christmas? edition page,wait I thought I had 1.7...oh well have bookmark on FF for forum click....nothing, then message server disconnect...Oh no...here we go again...turn power off, disconnect Samsung, re-connect NEC and launch FF, click bookmark for Forum and presto I'm back..I guess I'll just deal with the annoying POP UP box...borrowing a line from the 1979 film.."Apocalypse Now" "don't get off the boat, ...never get off the boat"
deate
Site Admin

Next

Return to Hardware