Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

lost all menu,bar got a plain desktop?

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

lost all menu,bar got a plain desktop?

Postby nascar59 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 pm

hi guys don't post to much any place usually like to just read post most of time but some thing happen with Ultimate Edition 2.8 ,oz Unity ( 32 bit sand use ppa) and Israel remix 10.10 and the plain Ubuntu 10.10 all 64 bits i love Ultimate Edition from the get go my favourite ,Oz Unity well in the back burner it's only 32 and like it very much all of them but all run great on my hardware one an AMd phenom x4 920 -2,80 at 3.1 -asus M3A78-EM -ATI Radeon hd 4650-1 Hard Drives 320 gig Maxtor -1 sata maxtor 500 gig- 8 gig gskill 800- lite-On dvdr-lh
unbuntu 101.10 with Ultimate Edition Themes and Wallpaper - windows 7
2 system( my play System) Amd athlon 6000 x2- 3gig-Ecs Black series A780GM-A -ATI 3200- 1 hard drive Maxtor 160 gig- 2 Hard drive Maxtor sata 320 gig -6 gig -800- Dvdr-
Israel remix 101.10-64
unbutu 10.10- 64
Oz Unity 10.4 -32 with ppa-or ppe to see my 6 gig of ram
Ultimate Edition 2.8 with windows 7 in virtual mode
linux mint -64
unbuntu 11.04-64
and a 2- Oz Unity

now the problem am having after installation and playing with them like installing different wallpaper or themes or deleting some DVD player or deleting IM OR PIGGEN or any messenger am losing all my menu, bar or panel am left with just a plain desktop in all of them but LINUX MINT-64 ALL 0F THEN every thing dissapear i can't even use a terminal or alt-f2 or Ctrl-ALt-f2 or f1 only thing i can do is push the reset button and reboot and try RECOVERY AND THAT DON'T work so i INSTALLED back then same thing happen again and again some time right after installing over the other one after deleting drive and formatting it , I get ULTIMATE Editon OR U BUNTU 10.10 with a desktop with no menu,bar or panel and RIGHT CLICK and got (create launcher who don't work)or can change Wallpaper that's all. I know is not you guys Obvious a bug in Ubuntu because Searching in google get me on Ubuntu site all the time ,is it some thing i can do or fix that it won't happen again want to give those linux to my family and really love those linux too but can't now with this BIG PROBLEM i know you guy here are very good at what you do that's why I came here instead of Ubuntu to ask you how to fix is it minor or have you run into it ,I just can't use a Ubuntu base any more beside LInux mint -64 seem like okay or would have to go back to pclinux os if it don't work been using pclinux for like 4 & 5 yrs hope you can help me and Thank already that i was able to use any of those linux would love to be able to use at my MAIN OS Ray
nascar59
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: lost all menu,bar got a plain desktop?

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Now I have read this 7 times and still I cant get my head around it ! You lose your desktop on every install except Mint when you delete an IM or Pidgin application !? What ? Then don't delete those applications! they only take up mere KB's of space ! hardly more than a couple of Themes! Just keep them and move on ! They are painless ! I know this is not what you want to hear but unless some one else has had this issue it is the best advice I can give ! :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby nascar59 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:27 pm

JOHNNYG am not the only guy with this problem it's obviously a BIG BUG in UNBUNTU just google it you will see mostly in ubuntu forum guys losing all the menus,bar, panel just dissapear i can not for the life of me recommemd ubuntu to all my friend that are not to much computer savy can you just imagine my grand daughter playing with this linux that I highly recommended and be worst then window am not puting down your Ultimate ,OZUnity or Israel remix 10.10 you kidding this is what linux should be beautiful and yet very useful the nice's linux i ever see and try almost all flavor true the yrs, it's ubuntu itself has to be more robust then that for a linux i never,never had this with PclinuxOS or Pardus and even linux mint and may other never, come on no menu ,toolbar or any thing to navigate can't get to a terminal like i said don't take personaly i blame Ubuntu i was hoping you guy here could come with a solution that's all I was asking tanks again any way will use linux mint for now still will be playing with all the other on that spare pc have a good days.ray
nascar59
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks Ray for your true to life explanation ! :geek: Much appreciated ! But I have not experienced such an issue on any install ! And can not do anything but wonder why this would happen ! I will keep on this as well as hope maybe someone else has an answer for you ! Good to hear that you are bringing people in even the youngsters :D ! Never loose faith my friend ! We will get a handle on it ! :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Return to Hardware