Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

My Favorite Windows 10 Feature!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

My Favorite Windows 10 Feature!

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Man, it's tough..out of all the good and bad things regarding Windows 10, I would say the best feature I've experienced so far is not having it on any of my machines.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: My Favorite Windows 10 Feature!

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Xxjoker21xX wrote:Great to hear If only we could get you running a newer Ultimate Edition that would be Better....... <BREW> :D

Why would I want to do that? I am not running beta, nothing else is available.
snapshot8.png

If I wanted to beta test, I would run Win 10.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Pierre » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:47 am

- things that never change:

Something Happened #windows10update Error
:(
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:38 pm

I know what happened.

You upgraded to Windows 10!

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 am

Have to agree best feature is it is not on any of my machines, either. Sure, I complain about some things going south in Ubuntu and Gnome, but when it comes down to it is still much better than Windows by far. Chances are as its Predecessors is already a year out of date. MS starts building their systems then a year later is complete. Ubuntu, every 6 months, in fact watch your updates, is constant. Then we have other Linux's such as Android that also update constantly to keep things running correctly.

When I used to use Windows, was a major drawback since they would compile updates and then slam me with a gig's worth when I was booting up. Very poor judgement on their side as they never considered some people may need to use their computer ASAP and not want to sit there waiting an hour for updates to complete. I am completely serious with this statement as it applied to a satelite connection I had while using WIndows 7. Am wondering if that same ingorance is part of their newest OS?

On the Ubuntu side, updates generally range in the area of 50 megs. Also, we have the choice whether we want to update that moment or save to our own convenience via terminal. This is the largest feature that keeps me sticking with Ubuntu is having that choice. There are times is no issue to update immediately and other times, no, I have to use my computer and then leave immediately. I strongly feel Ubuntu and Linux carry our best interests. Personally, I am more excited of what 15.10 will bring, in fact as usual since I consistently mess with the .10's, yes am currently working on one in virtualbox. Sure am hoping to hear what others feel about this year's advances in Ubuntu. Some time soon will also give my take on it.

Windows 10 like the commercial shows probably works perfect for those babies they show. Also probably like XP will be around when they graduate College. I will also state since using Ubuntu and Android, life has become intensely easier, minus times when I am hard at work assembling a new OS. Even with all the hours I spend assembling a new Ubuntu, seems to be a drop in the bucket compared to the aggravation Windows caused me. Is awesome not to pay for aggravation and have an OS that works on the button and does what I need it to do.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

You have a great point there Xxjoker. Reason being, in the past things were working, like active windows, present no dice on Gnome. Very amazing Gnome shell has gone backwards in 3.16 as to now scrollbar no longer hits active, Hmmm, just like CInnamon. Ah but wait, isn't Cinnamon based on Gnome 2.0? Oh but Gnome got so high tech with gnome-shell-theme.gresource. So lovely, now we get to extract that lousy thing if we decide to change that outdated background pic. Real sweet. Is systemd really that much more accurate and quick? Not really, but hey it's an advancement right? Then we have the boot process on plymouth no background image whatsoever unless you delete lines in grub.cfg. Absolutely wonderful, right? Who needs to know if something is going wrong anyway?

From what I have seen in 15.04 and 15.10 with the system logging out for small errors is a drag and timely. 14.10 and under does not do this. I am sorry, I do not see having to log back in after a small system error a major advancement. I side with Xan. He has been with Linux a long time and knows at points things have to be worked out before is worth it to move to. I have seen Xan testdrive more systems then I ever messed with and he always seems to come out on top.

Will now state the best running OS I have ever built now sits on my Laptop. Why is it the best? SImple, no major aspects of Gnome to mess it up. Don't get me wrong LXDE does need some aspects of Gnome, but nothing major. Zero issues with updating or any programs I have ever used on it. I can't say this for all the other OS's I have run that contained the Gnome Desktops. Incidently, that OS updated to 15.04 without a hitch. Even though no hitch, upon setting up Compiz logs out, so was very upsetting to me and scrapped the update idea for it and am sticking with the 14.10 for it. Sometimes dependability is more important than having the latest greatest OS. Sure will mess with the spare drive, but something has to be right on the regular one.

Very happy LXDE is still sticking around as LXDE instead of forcing us all to have that lousy LXDE-QT version. Tried it and completely hated it. Poor dependability and terrible looks. Perfect combo for people that hate computers. Gives people great excuses to say computing sucks. I also had heard/saw rumours of Gnome's Flashback desktop going to a 3rd party, but unfortunately never materialized. Sure wish it would as I sincerely believe Gnome has lost the edge it had 2 yearrs ago. Hit a peak and is now doing a crash and burn. Have to love their routeplanner. Of course do not use it from your own address, have to use from county or city. Loads of fun that new integration. Now if they can only get it usable? Incidently, is that Wayland graphics or Wayward Pines graphics Gnome uses? I sure think is the latter.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 am

BBOSAK2143 wrote:
When I used to use Windows, was a major drawback since they would compile updates and then slam me with a gig's worth when I was booting up. Very poor judgement on their side as they never considered some people may need to use their computer ASAP and not want to sit there waiting an hour for updates to complete. I am completely serious with this statement as it applied to a satellite connection I had while using WIndows 7. Am wondering if that same ignorance is part of their newest OS?

So..if you do run Windows just IM me and I will tell you how to fix that..as far as XP,Vista,7,8,8.1, but for 10..they did indeed take the option away. This caused a little uproar, and there is a tool you can get..
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/07/27/micros ... 0-updates/

Since as I previously mentioned, I have not installed Windows 10 on any machine, I can't quite advise on it, but I probably will on my Lenovo Yoga at some point.

I will also probably end up installing it on my gaming rig as well..because..directX12..sigh

I have no clue what any of this has to do with my Linux use specifically. I am quite confident here, so I won't really worry about it.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Sure, you can turn the updates off, then once you need something for Office, turns back on and of course dummies like me forget about it. Even though as you say Windows 10 changed the whole update deal, would never go to it for a full time system. Why? Windows always did nothing but crash and burn. I may load 2 or 3 times a year with a Linux OS of my own, but is nothing compared to how much I reloaded WIndows.

Soon as I would get into some new program on Windows, watch out. Flip flop, reload time. Linux when a new program is loading if the dependencies are not there, you can get them easily, most times. WIndows will just install the lousy program and eventually, crash and burn. No thanks, way too many times loading that OS. Windows 7 burned on me after one month. Only WIndows OS I had going a full year was Vista. Everyone said that one stunk, well was weird but it worked decent for me. After that Windows 7(Cancel and Allow) took a dump the second I had 20 programs in it. Feels like playing with Dominoes. Stack the dominoes too high and they fall. Same thing with programs on Windows.

Linux, sky is the limit. I have built some of these systems with programs I do not know how to use, just to see how much a Linux OS can take and still go. Ultimate made me figure that out. First time I saw an Ultimate OS was packed. TheeMahn loves stuffing OS's with everything needed. Reason I like him, since he considers all walks of like and what they will need. Sure, I did tone down a bit now with current 14.10, minus having almost all the DE's. Windows is stubborn and does not consider having multiple desktops which is zero fun. Maybe if they did would have more users. Most that use Windows are just those that are brainwashed into believing is the best out there.

Happy I woke up out of that brainwashing. Sure I pitch a little moan and complain, but am not going anywhere but Linux. Unix has improved due to a great developer Kris Moore, but still needs a bit more to be considered. I also wish Kris Moore the best on all his endeavors as he works to make Unix a system people can be completely proud of. I still wonder what would happen if Kris and Glen got together on computer systems. I know if they did wow would we all win and WIndows would just crawl in a hole and die.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Rants and Raves