Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Utopic Unicorn 14.10 Adventure

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Utopic Unicorn 14.10 Adventure

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:02 pm

I know has not been formerly released or exactly at this time completed. Will say, that back when 14.04 was in this same condition was not so capable of being worked. What I mean by that is seemed everything I went to install had issues. Thus far am assembling slowly but surely and is happening very well??? Yes am quite shocked so far as seems even smoother than the 13.10 I put together. What I have found to be totally bizarre is the fact of Gnome not dissolving the flashback desktop and no real information on all this. Kind of a hush-hush thing. Maybe, they figured was the poorest and dumbest move they could ever make??? I mean think about it, and I am totally serious, without Flashback, do you really think Gnome is anything close to a worthwhile desktop environment???? Personally my answer is no. As I stated months ago, if Flashback was to be obsoleted, I would no longer use Gnome and I am deadly serious since the other part is not acceptable as a working environment.

Now, I know most people here hate Gnome, but please for those that do use Gnome would love to hear what you think??? Only reason I found out Flashback is still there is when I went to install gnome-applets, installed right away. So am very happy at that aspect. I also have seen numerous sites explaining how to install Flashback into 14.04 so figured same option would hold true for this one and was right. I know I have pretty much jumped the gun on building, but I figure at this point should be all downhill since is 2 weeks two days from the official release. Now, I am leaving the Ubuntu desktop in this time to see if there are any decent changes that may make it a usable desktop. Sorry, so far to me that desktop is useless, but of course know we all have our likes and dislikes.

Not sure if am going to do KDE yet. Have to figure if I will use it enough to be a viable option. I have to confess that I spend at least 95% of being on the computer in Flashback/Fallback, don't know can't get those two right and still confused. All I know is the style that helps me the most finding what I need. Will also have to state, current 3.10 Gnome that I am using is far superior to earlier version I had of Gnome. Of course, is all just my opinion so is very debatable to those that use other desktops. I will not give up LXDE or XFCE as I enjoy their progression and their looks, so will continue on. Most likely Cinnamon and of course Mate.

Linux as have said is the most exciting and progressive OS I have ever used. Is awesome to be moving ahead in progress all the time and this is another great adventure to me. I am hoping for less errors this time as I always do. 13.10 am on currently is still working great, but it's the same ole curiosity and just hoping it is not going to kill this cat(me). Have to learn and meet new challenges. Of course, if I totally blow it on the build, can wait a month and just use TheeMahn's OS Builder. Will probably do it for the laptop anyway, since my OS's seem to be a little overloaded for that. Great for a desktop, but other things not really as is a bit of overkill. Anyway love to hear what I am in store for or any opinions on anything stated. Will also as the days carry on to the release of 14.10 also periodically inform of progress on build and any problems or issues to look out for.
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Utopic Unicorn 14.10 Adventure

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:36 am

So far seems no one has any clues about 14.10 the Utopic Unicorn over here due to no response. Will start off by saying the same old deal with 14.04 exists with google earth so follow instructions. K9Copy is now called K9Copy-reloaded and has to be built from source. Have not done that yet as more things need to be done. Gnome 3.14 still defaults desktop to touch settings means no cursor on desktop! Some changes in shell theme and have missed some changes in regular themes so will be working on that as I wait for the final on 14.10. I am suspecting since I did build and tried to install(all parts there) since it would not, that due to not being fully complete that option is unavailable in Virtualbox. Gnome and all its lovely settings are going to leave me tied on up in glib for a bit! Also will be exploring a new superimposed picture for Cinnamon. I am a real sucker for graphics and looks, everyone knows that. Will have more as time progresses and will most likely gain some time soon to do TMOSB, which thus far really amazes me to no end. As said with a dual-core laptop need an OS with no drag or problems. Best as I can do, there is no way for me to produce an error free OS. That is something TheeMahn can do in his sleep and probably along with creating more awesome programs.

Still hoping anyone with clues of what to watch for will add to this post, but if not as always will just do my best to add as I find. Best wishes to all for a great weekend ahead.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:04 am

You're saying you built all with TMOSB? I tried 4.4 Unicorn 64bit and failed so figured was not ready yet. Would love some insight on that. Gnome giving me hell on this one am doing now. Is the same thing all the time. Of course, I have some great repos in there so might get out of the hassle real soon, but for now is aggravating. Have to love bluez always does this to me and for the life of me can not remember the problem. Have to find it in some files saved from last build. TMOSB downloaded about 300mbs and gave up, so either my OS refuses to build or something else am doing wrong. Has to be me, since everything I have ever used from TheeMahn worked way beyond reproach. Any way, have to run and would really love some advice on how to get TMOSB to build 4.4 since I want it for the laptop. As said, my OS's are huge, good for desktop with 4-core and above, not laptops with 2-core.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:30 am

Forget the gnome hassles is fixed. That desktop is like an OS in itself and is no wonder everyone wants to walk away from it. Believe me, I was dead serious about walking away until I found out my favorite Flashback/Fallback was still there. I spent about 2 hours last night pulling many pieces out that were not for 3.14 and afraid to say the unity stuff. I am just not hip on unity and seems it does not like me much either. Is not Unity does not work right, it unfortunately is me. I hit wrong keys and get stupid things happening. I just had to have Gnome 3.14, since the improvements came down for maps. No more need for MS Streets and Trips since everything that program can do is done in Gnome now, so is very sweet. Still want to know what I am doing wrong with TMOSB and think besides TheeMahn you would be a great troubleshooter. Also not sure I got proper results since I had a dozen programs open at once. I am terrible with things like that. I could never do that With other OS's have had, so I do take advantage of it, but of course drawbacks are sometimes a program errs, so will also have to give it another try again.

Same pretty much happened on this 14.10 am working on. Had all the dependencies and problems corrected and still bluez long with 10 other programs would not install. This morning apt-get -f install and all went right in, so I do believe this is part of my OS's imperfections. Halfway through the build of 13.10 and I finally had all the right repos in there. I am understanding the point TheeMahn makes about always starting off right. Maybe by 15.10 I will finally get that fact ingrained. This build has now straightened out and looks like this time a few more things will work better. So, will be very pleased on that fact, but of course the proof is in the putting. When this OS is installed and running will then know if is an improvement above current or the same. Til then can only guess and that is not good enough. Still have to live with that fact. Would be interesting sometime to try another KDE build, but for this one is everything I use all the time. I like all desktops, but I use the Gnome desktop the most so that is always where my major concerns lie. Will be looking forward to some insight on what might have gone wrong. With data allowance am afraid since I went through a lot of data/downloads already have to wait til next month. Do not want to risk going over my 10 gig limit per month.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:38 am

Keysnatcher will always be in every OS I make. Yes running the newest version in both. Of course my 14.10 is not yet completed! Think I am going to give TheeMahn OS builder another shot either today or tomorrow. I know has to be something with too many programs open at once. Worst thing with current OS is Nemo. This 14.10 not sure if will have any hassles yet. So far very smooth sailing. Just bummed have no solution for K9copy as of yet. Can't find the instructions on how to compile or bet it would be done. Yes, have not compiled much at all. Keysnatcher cleaned new build up in a matter of 5 minutes. Of course, vbox key is still in the air along with getdeb. Those 2 are going to hold out will bet til least a week after 14.10 is released.

A vast percentage of all gnome components are now 3.14 only. Will say, this is the first time I have seen this high of a percentage. I am not having any issues with components not matching up as I did with current. So, I think this one will do better. Once again this one will not have the ubuntu desktop, unity greeter or lightdm. Just not into that stuff. There's no place like Gnome for me. One issue I had this past Friday was with a small file called libmediaart1-0.0. On the update was looking for a version that was higher than what was available in all Ubuntu's Repositories. So, I had to go to a debian repository(sid) to get it. Of course all builders beware if you add that repo, after you get the part you need, make sure you put the # before it so you do not wind up re-building the entire OS with all debian parts. Anyway I go through all the hassle of getting that part in and what do you know, Ubuntu gets the part in yesterday. So, was a waste of time. Still, all this is an experience I refuse to give up.

Other problem right now is xfce4-power-manager is requiring a lower version of upower. Apparently, xfce desktop has just not caught up with things. I know I will not see these hassles using TMOSB. Still, I will continue to build my own as it keeps me well apprised of the function of programs. On a awesome note, I called Verizon last night and along with helping us with their bill, they have thrown in 5 more gigs of data for free. So, yes I will be able to give TMOSB a go and get that on my laptop in no time so will be great. If it messes up again, will post the exact thing that happens with script. As said, I can build these OS's but are not perfect. So if TMOSB goes wrong is all my fault and something wrong I did with this OS when I built it. Have said this a few times before, but will say again. I will take my OS over OS's such as Mint but it will not surpass any Ultimate OS's built. I can't even hold a candle to TheeMahn. Still, I will keep trying, since he is the greatest inspiration to all of us. We are extremely blessed to have TheeMahn as he is always concerned on giving us the greatest OS's and utilities he can create.

Going to mention themes aspect also. So far, I can not tell any major changes for themes within Gnome from the point of 3.10. Shell theme can see some cosmetics differences, but still have to finish creating it so can tell. Originally, I planned to be using 14.10 by the end of this week, but no so sure right now as time is not permitting that. Of course all TheeMahn's programs are currently built into new OS. I am just paranoid that before the release on Thursday something will come up(conflict) This is the chance I take because is still beta currently. When I did 13.10 was off a small ubuntu, not the being developed version. With this one is a lot of jury rigging we call it since I have changed the entire image to suit what I want. Will be back in a while, think I will give this one a rest as too many things to do for it. Not possible with time constraints to get super far, so will do that one instead. Soon as I get the question to ask will ask. Thanks very much for your offer to help.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Dummy me. Keep forgetting to put that laptop to use once in a while. Has my OS on there and runs good, just sluggy booting up. I suspect will be the same with any OS on there since is only 2-Core. Still slugging it out with my own personal 14.10 while TheeMahn's is sitting there flawlessly building in no time at all. This is amazing. I bet that will be one awesome OS for the laptop. I do not need the same sophistication on there as the desktop since I do not have any job in IT at all. I am suspecting TheeMahn's OS will be completely built in another 5 minutes bringing total up to about 10 or 15 minutes. In that time, I am barely just getting my repositories straightened out for a new OS.

Honestly, this is hard to believe is possible. I mean, when I used to go on distrowatch and download an OS took me about 20 minutes. Now an entire OS can be built in 15 minutes??? There goes distrowatch, right? Largest part I ever have trouble with when I am building is remembering all the dependencies. Anyone that thinks all dependencies are installed upon apt-get are mistaken at many points. Is not true all the time. I often wish there was some program that can double check ones work. This would be helpful for all builders out there.

Okay am wrong on the build time by maybe 10-15 minutes, but still, most of us builders spend weeks building these things and to get this down to a science of completely done in way less than a day leaves me totally speechless and with my mouth hanging open. TheeMahn, this goes beyond brilliance, I swear you are creating your own category when it comes to being brilliant and devoted to creating the very best. I think you are going to be an impossible act to follow.

This is going to be awesome as I have not been able to get a copy of Ultimate since 3.5 and boy did I love that OS. Sure gave me great inspiration to create all these that I have done, so suspect this one will also be a great help and inspiration. I look forward to running it on the laptop. I think next load on Laptop will see a dual boot with TheeMahn's as first and mine as second. Never know when I might need that crazy OS of mine. I really do think this next OS of mine is going to be the best yet. This is the most time daily have spent on one. So, I suspect time spent will be worth it.

I wound up being reliant on JET so have to have all that wine-compholio stuff in there along with a bunch of other stuff for work. No IT job, but job I do with Demo's requires I use JET. Some other toys I have help out to. Have not had the chance to see all the great ICONS and themes TheeMahn has created either. So many disasters around here(life events) seem to get in the way. Will still say since I dumped all instances of MS for main OS, I have had a great deal of more time to deal with things. That OS just wasted my time and will leave it at that for all those MS Lovers.

Yes Linux still takes a ton of my time, but all is planned and work I enjoy doing. I will thank TheeMahn and everyone here again for getting me into building OS's as is the most exciting thing to do. Nothing better than seeing changes and just working them into a new OS. Is fun, but also guess one has to like doing this sort of thing. Basically, is not for everyone just as building themes. Both I enjoy and has just destroyed my drive to play all those games out there. Going to get back to some work, have the one building and other(mine) is still in the works, loads to do for it. Pretty boy system again all the bells and whistles along with all their dependencies. Is amazing when dependencies have dependencies, see a lot of irony and humor in it. Can sure see why all us builders keep doing this. Take care will let you know in a few days how things are working. I believe somewhere in the weekend will give a first run on mine and before that am sure will be running TheeMahn's. Just off today so have to do things as time permits. Least I know program running like a dream on Laptop, but of course that is only task running. Can't afford to do that on this one.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 am

Well, laptop is still creating so not sure if is going to happen. Has taken all night and is at 3%. I gave my OS a try and booted to huge sky-blue-gnome icons which is kind of depressing. Also the fact my default theme is blown off. Not sure why Ubiquity is failing when dependencies have dependencies and everything is there, maybe just does not install anymore or is because on Vbox? So am a bit depressed on that end, plus the fact I can not for the life of me remember the glib-compile command. I seemed to have misplaced that and believe could be part of all these problems.

With TMOSB I blame it on the laptop since anything that happens there might or might not. It does not matter what OS is on there, it does whatever it feels like. I sure would hate to depend on that thing solely for months on end. I sure trust current PC about 50x more than that. So far this time around my OS boots in fairly decent on VBOX and is about the same like current OS boots in virtual. Not sure what is going wrong with ubiquity and of course all command lines lead to can't find a source package. Hello, um you installed it not me, so you should know where it is right???? What I mean in that point is was there at the beginning. Only thing I ever did was change to gtk frontend. No Ubuntu junk desktop, so why have it show that trash?

Anyway, would love to know how long it took for TMOSB to complete an OS??? That is my largest question and feel no one will answer the other two. Is hectic when you do not see the same hassles each time. You get different things happening, so is hard to remember solutions to everything when you build. I know this setup was really premature for my OS as originally did not plan to boot til this coming week, but got the best of me and had to see some things. In a way am real happy as other than the huge ICONS and the Ubiquity failure does look really nice. Just hope I will have a pointer on the Flashback desktop. For the life of me do not understand why Gnome would default to no pointer on the Flashback desktop???
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 am

Terminator BBOSAK2143.jpg
Terminator_BBOSAK2143.JPG
3.14 Gnome Tweak gets uglier.jpg
3.14_Gnome_Tweak_gets_uglier.jpg
Oops must have put it wrong am good at that. I am asking how long does it take for TMOSB to create an OS? Currently, my laptop has been trying to make this Mate one since Wednesday, is that right or should I count it off that something in my system is messing it up? Currently, I am at 8% on 4.4 TMOSB OS being completed. I have also done 2 preliminary runs on my OS in Vbox which I thought TMOSB OS would have been before that? Dummy me, did all the line changes in my OS to accommodate my favorite theme at startup and what do I forget to do??? Put my theme in there. I honestly am a little disappointed on the looks of Gnome Tweak in 3.14 Gnome as to me just got a little uglier. I have 2 shots from Virtualbox that am going to attach to this post so you can see where I am at. I do not have an adjustment for the sky-blue-gnome icons and hoping to find a solution soon. Remember no work has been done for the shell theme yet. Is in the works and hopefully will be done this next week. Will not be black this time, will follow Cyana in another attempt to wow everyone with a nice login and look. Of course is for those that are not stuck in the mud and only want to look at black and white newspapers.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Is the latest on TMOSB. I don't know with that laptop, does weird things most times. Believe me, I wanted to bring it back after purchase, but they were highly upset and voided the warranty since I put my own OS on there. Real Windows lovers. It came with Windows 8 and was practically useless. I mean sure if I had a thousand dollars to be buying software would be good, but was not the case. So, I built my own Ubuntu(13.04) at the time and it did alright. On 13.10 did pretty good, but as said is something not exactly right with it and it seems to be forgetful at points. I do not face that problem with my PC. Right now though PC is tied up with all the work am doing for this 14.10 that will replace the current.

Am surprised this one has enough gumption to run 14.10 and hoping next year for things to improve so can get modernized. Some more training online come up with current job and all the other stuff doing, afraid going to have to wait a few days to see what mess that laptop did. I should have known better. If you remember a few posts ago, I mentioned I had to switch to a new router for Verizon. Switched this PC and Shawn's(still running 13.04 Amazing!) plus the laptop. Hers and mine just fine, laptop forgot that it was switched and would not connect on boot. Also am dying to get that atrocious shell theme set right. For the life of me, I do not see the purpose of moving forward, but staying so backwards with that stock shell theme???

Back when Gnome first hit version 3 was a disaster area. I will say as it has moved along to .10 and beyond it has picked up something real important and that is reliability. So far I am very impressed how well 3.14 works, just not happy to loose that cute little framing in Gnome Tweak that I worked months to get looking right. Now that it finally looks good, is no more, so sure am bummed. I guess it proves I am going to start having to move a bit faster with these improvements and my skills really need honing big time. I am hoping within 3-4 days have the next shell theme working and looking great. I still am at a loss for what the login screen will be, but sure will find something that suits the feeling of this OS.

Current is Ravenswood and gained that name from some eerie happenings within Gnome Tweak and Nemo. So far same does not hold true for 14.10 so will gain another name, but of course most likely will come after is on the spare drive of the laptop. Is how the last one got the name. Least this time around more 3.14 parts are there so all seems to move with great synchroncity. Hmm, might be it, I feel The Police motif coming. Just hope I do not get the "humiliating kick in the crotch".

Anyway, after running all those days I shut that laptop off and will give it a few days before I run those lines. Besides have work this weekend. Someone has to persuade people to buy apples and such, might as well be me. Actually, I do quite good at selling, but when it comes to giving stuff away such as my themes and that, never seems to go real good. Really starting to think I would never upload any of my completed OS's to Distro since most of my work seems to be a joke to many. Still I think I did alright on this one. Only real creepy eerie stuff was on Gnome Tweak and Nemo. Both become senile at points and forget what they are doing. Not all the time, just here and there. Will never have an explanation for it and stranger yet, laptop does not do this. So yes am befuddled. Have had cars like that also. Just hoping will loose that aspect this time around. Of course proof is in the putting and maybe if am lucky will be almost totally completed next week. I can not call it complete ever as K9copy will be absent. Has never been absent from any OS have built to date.
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Have not been back to the laptop yet as am concerned to get my mess going. I do say things like that a lot. Anyway came up with an adjust if there is any users out there that are going to use Gnome 3.14 and those beautiful sky-blue-gnome icons from Noobslab. Have to go into usr/share/icons/sky-blue-gnome then gedit index.theme above size on every category you must insert MinSize=1 then icon size will be normal. Ah the joys of Gnome, such perfectionists, right??? This is one of the reasons everyone gets upset with them that they rely on everyone giving perfect script. Is not always possible as we all make mistakes.

I do have a working shell theme going, but at this point I am not completely satisfied with what I have done, so readjustments will happen within a few days. Currently am waiting for another image to build. Right now am going with the Gotham Motif considering there is some confusion going on. So far nothing I have done gets Ubiquity to work, this is why I am starting to think is just not installable. I sure hope someone with knowledge will give a little assistance. Seems apt-get build-dep ubiquity leads to can't find a source package. Is retarded as that was the same method it was installed as apt-get install ubiquity. So am lost on that. Been searching for hours to find where the trouble is but thus far am coming up nil.

System is responsive, but at this point have not made enough tests to consider installation, of course is out of the question until it actually becomes installable???? Yannubuntu repo still not available to 14.10 along with lovely things like mencoder and k9copy. Those ad to the reasons I would not jump for this OS yet. Sorry, I have to be able to use all the programs, I normally use. I really thought Ubuntu's aim was to gain more customers. So, I ask "Why would you take programs away then???" I mean functionality is great, but to have a great OS it also needs programs people use. K9copy is a major tool of mine. Sure there is a project at sourceforge working away on it, but is not in a deb form nor do they give good enough instructions on how to get it to build. Instructions in read me file do not work, so that makes it difficult unless you are a pro at it. Needs to be in deb form and available to everyone.

I also have a crazy idea for those considering jumping from 13.10 to 14.10. This is something I have not tried completely. The amount of download and time is preventing me at present. I did try this before also on a jump from 13.10 to 14.04 and was only partially effective. When I give this a try and succeed, I am going to post it, right here. Currently am waiting for this 14.10 to build so can show the progress. Remember this is a large OS not a small one. All desktops I currently have in this 13.10 are all there along with most of the programs and a few more goodies. Since I am no pro, it all takes me time to get everything running to my specifications. Enough writing, least here is proof of the icons now fixed. Proof shows by sysinfo I am not giving a line about what I have done or built. Here's a pic to prove. Will be back with more when I have more information to give. Just aim to help anyone having issues when building.
14.10 and 3.14.png
14.10_and_3.14.png
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Rants and Raves