Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Fresh Install 3.2 x64 (crashing)

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: Fresh Install 3.2 x64 (crashing)

Postby Gelfling6 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm

SOLVED!! I think I found a solution, albeit a external one.. The MD5SUM numbers match, but here's the problem.. I think it's getting clobbered by speed over writing.. I solved the problem, by disconnecting the internal drive, and connecting the drive to a USB dongle. (example: http://cdn.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-conte ... rphoto.jpg ).. I had to do this, too, with Rose (HP DC7600 P4-ht/3.2Ghz desktop) with UE-3.3 as well.. Slow it down, and it installs fine.. Odd thing is, If I try to re-write the entire install directly, afterwards, it'll install perfectly.. Go figure? :roll:

At present, still have a stable 3.2 on Ace, (which this is being sent from) and 3.3 on Rose. Rose is turning into a home server on steroids!! (base install on a 80GB SATA, 4x 1TB SATA drives of personal storage. (1 internal, 1 semi-internal (Antec Easy SATA, http://store.antec.com/Product/accessor ... 750-5.aspx) 2 more 1tb in a Thermaltake BlacX dock, plugged into a Dynex ESATA card. (with a 2nd port to add 2 more!) Not sure how the ESATA port would work slowing down the rate, or not.. But at present, I've been able to install it, and now trying to install 3.3 on a HP D530-cmt (older version of the DC7600)
Gelfling6
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: Canton, Connecticut, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, 3rd star on the left...
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Fresh Install 3.2 x64 (crashing)

Postby Gelfling6 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:35 pm

It's hard to say.. It can't be coincidental, and I still stick to it that it cannot be a bad DVD image, or other hardware failures.. I've tried with multiple drives, even tried installing it from a DVD to a flash stick (16gb) as the running filesystem.. If the data flow is slowed slightly, it has no problems.. But, direct SATA, E-SATA, EIDE, it would constantly fail the 1st try, but if installed via USB 2.0 dongle, then just for ha-ha's, through the direct, it would install without problems, from the same source media. (even downloaded the ISO image again from SOurceForge, and same failure. For now, at least things are stable, and haven't crashed. (knocking wood!) :vil2_karate

Now, the fun part.. DSL just got cancelled. (not by choice. Phone company won't provide this far out in the boonies, and I was the ONLY subscriber for the last 3 months.) I managed to get VSFTPD on Rose, (P4 desktop), and I didn't have the chance to get Samba running.. Anyone know a Q&D way to get the needed files (source, dependancies, etc.) onto a computer WITHOUT internet access? (for now, Ace is accessing via the local Lbrary.)
Gelfling6
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: Canton, Connecticut, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, 3rd star on the left...
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2