Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Welcome back!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Welcome back!

Postby drewstew » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:35 am

Really missed this forum. Understand there was some sort of DOS attack? Some people really need to get a life!
Modded Acer Aspire box now with Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 motherboard; AMD FX-6100 6-core CPU; 16gb RAM; 1Tb Seagate SATA HDD; Ultimate Edition 3.5 64bit. Dual booting with Windows7 64bit.
drewstew
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Welcome back!

Postby aL1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 am

Yeah, Welcome Back!
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
E8400 @4.22GHz
GSkill PC2-8800 @1192MHz
TRUE120
Xonar D1
M4 64GB
WDCBlack 1T
2 Velociraptors 150GB@
HD4870
Dragon Lord K62
Antec 750W
Asus VH238H LED
aL1
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.6 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 am

I have a query - how does DOS affect the site? I presume that there are Windows servers runnin somewhere before DOS can make an impression on Linux systems? Is this correct. How can the site be protected from this sort of attack in the future. I know the site admin are always working hard to deliver top notch support, etc. Just curious about the ins and outs of site attacks and how they can be protected. It is something that one of my daughters may have to get i nto as part of a Website design course she is studying.
It is good to have the site up and running again though. Hope to hear from all the friendly people again soon.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:08 am

dougal wrote:I have a query - how does DOS affect the site? I presume that there are Windows servers runnin somewhere before DOS can make an impression on Linux systems?

Not DOS ! ;) DOS ! Denile Of Service :D
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby marshrat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Glad to see you back, somebody no like you. :evil:
CPU: i7 920 D0 @ 4ghz
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Cooler: Corsair H50
Memory: Corsair TR3X 6Gb DDR3 1866
GPU: 2x Zotac GTX275 SLI
PSU: Zalman 770W ZM770-XT Z-Machine Extreme
HD's: 2x WD Caviar Black 500gb. + 1x WD Caviar Black 1000gb
DVD: Samsung
Case: Thermaltake Armor+
Monitor: HANNS.G HH251
marshrat
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm

LOL, actually, it`s "Denial Of Service". Yes, welcome back!
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby dougalkerr » Thu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi guys - Dougal here. Yes it is me even though my profile is new. That's coz I could not remember my password and I couldn't get access to my original email address for the 'forgot my password' help that I expected to go to that email address - thanks AOL for being totally unhelpful. They had said that someone had been trying to get access to my account using my password and they kindly denied me access saying they would need me to renew by going through the process.
Now knowing that I had been with them since Netscape days and it was a Netscape address I was still using - they have three security questions and one of them is a post code which I have no chance of remembering. To cut a long story short I have no access to my old email address as I have said above.

So now that I have my new account set-up here, any chance of getting my Develpoment status back? I so much like knowing what is happening and coming out.

I understand of course if that can't be done. It would be nice though.

Cheers guys.

Dougal.

Been gone a long time guys and gals, please bear with me if I seem a bit rusty, cheers.
dougalkerr
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2