Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Has Everyone Forgotten 3.01?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Has Everyone Forgotten 3.01?

Postby onosendai58 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 am

The fastest, most stable and good-looking OS came out a while back after many difficulties and tragedies. So why throw it under the bus for 3.2? I mean, I get it, it`s new and shiny. Well, the bloom has hardly faded from 3.01. It`s been continuously running on my system with no problems whatsoever since it came out. I`ve griped about the news media focusing only on the bad news while the good news goes unnoticed, but I think it`s human nature in general. Something that just works as intended, (and beautifully, I might add. This is the first OS ever that I haven`t changed a thing), is off the radar after first blush. Come back and try 3.01 again while Thee gets 3.2 sorted out, you`ll be glad you did.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Has Everyone Forgotten 3.01?

Postby pam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:06 am

its simple
no 64 bit
most users like old folks and kids aren't gonna patch in pae kernel to use more ram.
They just love to play around and thats all. :vil2_piscine
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:17 am

LOL, if you need more RAM to do most of the things that modern computers do then something`s wrong. I played Deus Ex : Human Revolution and Skyrim on my 32-bit Compaq Presario lappy with 3GB RAM with zero trouble. (The specs wanted dual-core and 64-bit). Older folks and younger kids could care less about 64-bit, why should they? Websurfing and emailing?
Last edited by onosendai58 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Billie Cowie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:11 am

Still got 3.0.1 on my desktop and I am perfectly happy with it.
I don't need a new shiny OS since I have a new shiny desktop, Neptune Fusion-8Gig Ram & Quad-core Inteli5.
Well, actually, I am dual-booting with Dream so I do have a new shiny OS on it. I reserve my laptop and my external WD drive for trying new OS's, So I will keep playing with 3.2 on the laptop to see if I can straighten it out. If not, my shiny new desktop with Dream and Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 beckons.
You are right though, guys, some people moaned about 3.0.1 and 3.0 but I never had problems with either.3.0.1 is a great OS, and I am sure 3.2 will be too if TheeMahn is left alone to do his thing.
As the saying goes-
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness! :yoodude
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:42 am

Billie Cowie wrote:Still got 3.0.1 on my desktop and I am perfectly happy with it.
I don't need a new shiny OS since I have a new shiny desktop, Neptune Fusion-8Gig Ram & Quad-core Inteli5.
Well, actually, I am dual-booting with Dream so I do have a new shiny OS on it. I reserve my laptop and my external WD drive for trying new OS's, So I will keep playing with 3.2 on the laptop to see if I can straighten it out. If not, my shiny new desktop with Dream and Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 beckons.
You are right though, guys, some people moaned about 3.0.1 and 3.0 but I never had problems with either.3.0.1 is a great OS, and I am sure 3.2 will be too if TheeMahn is left alone to do his thing.
As the saying goes-
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness! :yoodude

Exactly. While I`m sure that 3.2 is wonderful, as always, this might be the time where I say enough and stick with what I`m happy with. No more distro-hopping, dang it. <BREW> I just feel that he got everything right with this one, the planets aligned and all is copacetic.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby billhedrick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:30 am

I need to install 3.2 just so I can troubleshoot
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi billhedrick,
I wish you would. I have reinstalled for a third time and keep getting different problems popping up.
Definately need another opinion.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm

so far, just reading the traffic, it looks to me like 3.2 is 40% favorable, 50% cool, with issues, 10% doesn't work
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Filmore » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Personally, I prefer 3.0.1 as my main OS. but I have 3.2 installed as well. When I first came to Linux a few months ago, I began with Ubuntu 11.10 but I found I couldn't use it for burning my video to dvd as easily as I could with Winblows. This was the main reason I sought out Ultimate Edition 2.9. I could do everything on it that I needed and had no trouble. I removed all MS products from my computer and dual booted it when 3.0.1 came along and discovered that I spent most of my time on 3.0.1.
When 3.2 was released, I replaced 2.9 with it and spent a few days on it, but I still prefer to use 3.0.1. They are all excellent OS's and as long as they continue to do what I need, I will never use anything else. <BREW>
Filmore
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm

i have 3.0.1 on my main rig as my main os along with ubuntu 12.04beta1(64bit) and windies 7(for gaming only and troubleshooting(64bit))

love 3.0.1. would love a 64bit version of 3.0.1 to pop up. 3.0.1 is by far excellent, deffinatly measures up to how good 2.6.* was and in my opinion surpasses 3.2.

had issues with 3.2 64bit on my laptop which were too annoying to stick with, so off it came and i stuck sabayon 8 64bit xfce in, playing with that at the min.

bitching aside the work everyone involved puts in and especially Theemahn is very much appreciated <BREW> << an understatement
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2