Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Can't Login 32 & 64 live CD

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Can't Login 32 & 64 live CD

Postby blipside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 am

I have tried to use the 32 & 64 bit Live CDs on a system I have. The problem is the same for both. It boots up to the login screen & won't let me login. I have tried using ubuntu for the username & no password. It acts like it is verifying the information, blanks the screen for a couple of seconds & then comes back to the login screen. Any sugestions? Am I using the wrong login name? Thanks for the help.
blipside
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Can't Login 32 & 64 live CD

Postby Moebius » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:23 am

blipside wrote:I have tried to use the 32 & 64 bit Live CDs on a system I have. The problem is the same for both. It boots up to the login screen & won't let me login. I have tried using ubuntu for the username & no password. It acts like it is verifying the information, blanks the screen for a couple of seconds & then comes back to the login screen. Any sugestions? Am I using the wrong login name? Thanks for the help.

Hi blipside.
You should not need to provide any details to log in to a live DVD session - so something has gone amiss.
3 things come to mind.
1. Bad download. Very the md5sum to make sure it's correct
2. Bad burn. Reburn at the the slowest speed possible.
3. You don't have enough RAM in the computer. (happened to me).

What are your system specs?

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby blipside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:39 am

Proc Specs - Not Sure, but know it's a 64 bit, it's been a while since I used this system
Motherboard - MSI K9MM-V
RAM - 2Gig Kingston
I verified the md5sum for both versions before burning. I will try to burn it again at a slower speed to see if that does it. It seems weird that I can boot the CD, but not log in. Thanks for the help.
blipside
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby blipside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:23 am

I tried burning at 4x speeds to see if that helped, it didn't. I was able to get 3.2 to load from the ISO in vmware. I'm puzzled by this.
blipside
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby blipside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 pm

I just tried using Brasero to see if it would be any different than K3B, no luck.
blipside
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby blipside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Well, I know the computer is good. I was able to install 2.9 on it. I am in the process of updating it now. I guess I will wait a little longer before I try to update my main computer.
blipside
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2