Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

UE3.2 has 6 D/E... but can only use Gnome Classic -XBMC

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: UE3.2 has 6 D/E... but can only use Gnome Classic -XBMC

Postby pch.shot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Dis you try a usb install?
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby miguelsanchez79 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Tried installing from usb. Same story. No joy with gnome shell(updates via wifi during instalation if that helps)
miguelsanchez79
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Postby delicadaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 am

so i have spent another 4 hrs installing it on my lappy ..............Classic goes great..........fast and snappy

but as soon as you change to metacity and unity all the same things happen .......... but ubuntu 2D seemed to work but only with Cairo (no open GL) activated.................. but then my Qbittorrent started freezing and wireless internet would drop out./stop altogether............ plug a cable in...............nothing works ............... but then run ......killall qbittorrent..............
and restart firefox and internet was back !!!!!!!! go figure.................

oh and Ultimate Edition theme just dropped out and changed to ambience when i logged out with Qbittorrent still running.............i did it on both machines....samething happened on both

so on 2 machines gnome and ubuntu ..........no worky
ubuntu 2D works but then has major problems
And once you activate unity.............it borks ya system ...............
go back to classic reactivate compiz etc etc......turnoff unity............. compiz works but no cube..........only 1 desktop this time
Graphics get jumpy and top Gnome bar changes around (icons change places from boot to boot)

i am filthy mad that this shyte happens....... what a waste of time

and yer i know im being a bit of a wnker....carrying on about something that is free.............but i love Ultimate Edition, i am passionate about arguing for it in forums and chats and want to promote it to the world ........ but this makes 3 Os's that i have not written a review for simply because i dont want to say bad things about Ultimate Edition .............
So i simply announce its release many time on many different platforms............but i write NO review

LOOK here is some simple facts ............
I have stopped pushing clients towards Ultimate Edition................ and i used to wow the kids with Ultimate Edition and compiz .......use them to get interested in LINUX and the older folks will follow what their kids do /want / say ............... but now most of my clients are over 60
I put OzUnity Debut and onyx on peoples machines ............. i basically show people 4 distros these days, sometimes 6 ......... but most people go for those 2 or Guru's Destined edition.........haven't tried his royal yet.......waiting for 12 to drop .................
Anyway the next Ultimate Edition LTS had better be rock solid and simple .......... because i really want the world to see and use Ultimate Edition Linux

but if not so be it

OzUnity is popular and NetRunner KDE is grabbing a lot of older folks interest, my last 6 installs have been NetRunner
but the older folks i install linux on and help set them free ..... want something simple and easy like XP........... DEBUT and NetRunner fits that nicely for most
So this LTS release they all want it to run for years..............5 yrs and want no changes or hassles in that time
SO use the KISS principle

Oh thanks Billie for the kind words and support ................is good to see i am not only one with these issues

I have only tried 64 Bit cant be bothered with 32bit

EDIT ; Gnome classic (NO EFfects) works but has full compiz special effects........ WTF :downthere

Ubuntu software centre does not work in any D/E, but Gnome classic .............but it fails to download, comesback with error....check your internet connection............... so synaptic or terminal it is
im going to try reinstalling gnome shell and INSTALLING Gnome... just to see what happens
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby pam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 am

yes same problem
compiz keeps crashing and i enabled ctrl alt backspace and be quick to switch to metacity.
Simple solution dont use compiz and stick with metacity.........
gnome3 and unity have kicked compiz in the stomach after serving faithfully for years.
So much for newer standards and stuff...

this reminds me where is kde 4.7 which could have been included.............. :vil_biere
Used opensuse 12.1 and kde 4.7+ is the new successor to gnome 2.x.

take a good look at kde before kde bashing.... :vil2_jumelles
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby delicadaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 am

OK ........... i have Ubuntu and Gnome running ............kind of

I have left COMPIZ on .................. NO METACITY

I have enabled UNITY PLUGIN

log into - Gnome .............gnome shell, gnome 3, gnome panel ............whatever you call it............ NOT Gnome Classic
finally appears, tried to take screen shot on 5 sec delay, it crashed and Ubuntu was there by time shot was taken !!!
gnome.png

so im no expert but is this shot just showing ubuntu................because the osd for internet connction looks like Gnome

Anyway log out/ into Ubuntu and it looks exactly the same as this (screenshots are refusing to upload)

But it crashed after 3 screenshots ..........frozen blank screen.. just wall paper

then it came back with compiz crashed, blackbox around cairo dock

software centre doesnt work in either ubuntu or gnome...it opens but no download...........nothing happens when you click install

So how is it that i get them kinda working when using compiz instead of metacity

im persiting with this coz i love Ultimate Edition ......................... but i still think Ultimate Edition 3.2 should not have been released
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby delicadaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:41 am

this is Ubuntu D/E

ubuntu1.png

Ubuntu D/E compix crash
ubuntu.png

now back in Ubuntu Classic mode, with everything switched back to default.............clearly says 4 desktops
but as you can see only 2
compiz2D.png

and i had definite internet connection problems whilst in ubuntu/gnome and now back in classic......internet is flying
problems have gone
And i have lost the File / edit / view / etc etc etc buttons off of the top of every app except Firefox
Last edited by delicadaz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Billie Cowie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 am

Hello Delicadaz,
that's definately Unity you have there, Gnome should look like below.
This is a screenie from Dream Multimedia 2
And here is the Unity desktop of same. I don't like Unity because it stays on the desktop. With Gnome I can click top-left on Activities and the panel vanishes and I have my pre-prepared Cairo-dock. (Bottom screen)So I can toggle between the two.This is what I want to do with 3.2 but I think I agree that it isn't quite there yet. Otherwise the Internet download is really borked. If you compare the Gnome/Unity screenies you will see there should be an Activities label at top-left on Gnome/Gnome3/Gnome-shell( whatever) and Gnome-sidepanel reduces in size automatically when more app-icons are added while Unity squishes them. I presume in the latter case you have to adjust the size manually.
For anyone with a black box around cairo-dock-right click on cairo-dock and there should be a "help" option, click on this and you should get a list of trouble-shooting options, one of which is about the black-box-click the black button to the right after clicking the dialogue and the box should dissapear. Oh,-you can adjust a lot more if you click " advanced options" at bottom left.
Daz, if you want to try DreamMultimedia2 instead or as another Gnome-option just contact Israel Remix Team, though be aware they are in the process of moving sites, but you can still contact Admin-Amir if you need help with anything.I.R.T. are working on a Zorin-remix too.At least you have another option there and I can tell you DreamMultimedia2 is a great distro. One thing, though, if you decide to try it you have to do a complete install to get into Gnome, the live DVD doesn't show the login-screen, but boots straight into Classic-unless it's been fixed since.
Anyway, take some time to chill with the family Bro,-God Bless you and take care!
P.S. Dream has Cinnamon desktop too, but I did find that one buggy! It seemed to interfere with other desktops when I changed between them, so I decided to leave it alone and stayed with Gnome which runs perfect.
Attachments
Gnomedream.png
Ubuntu - unity.png
Brasero.png
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 am

3.01 is the best distro I`ve ever used, bar none, and I`ve been fairly loud when I was frustrated with other versions, but this guy should be banned for his personal attacks on TheeMahn and the devs. Way uncalled-for, rude and demoralizing to the forum at large.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby delicadaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 am

onosendai58 wrote:3.01 is the best distro I`ve ever used, bar none, and I`ve been fairly loud when I was frustrated with other versions, but this guy should be banned for his personal attacks on TheeMahn and the devs. Way uncalled-for, rude and demoralizing to the forum at large.

Ban me for what you dribbler ................. speaking the truth ................

I call a spade a spade mate and the truth is 3.2 is crap and compared to 2.6, 2.8, 2.9 ... OzUnity Debut, Redux and Onyx ........... these last 3 distro's have been well below theemahns high standards of workmanship

Life is full of ups and downs and he has had a tough time this past year or 2 ..................

sh..t happens ........deal with it and get on with life ........... there is always somebody worse off than you, my son

but enough is enough ............... and i stand by everything i have said in the above posts

so my little Anime boy ........... butt out

and if anyone feels insulted at what i have said.................. good ...... the truth hurts......... the truth shall set you free
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 am

I`m actually going to take the high road on this one and let the mods ban you and lock this thread.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2