Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.2 64bit install weirdness

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64bit install weirdness

Postby Dutch88 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:50 am

Ok, I tried to install using Virtualbox....It was really, really sluggish, but I noticed that it got a little better (not much) after the blue Compiz icon crashed......it also came up with an error that said something like "Policy Authentication failed" (may not be exact but it was some thing like that). I used the same exact Virtualbox setup switching out ONLY the 64bit ISO for the 32bit ISO and it installed and functioned at 1920 X 1080 perfectly. I'll use the 32bit because it's still AWESOME! All you guys that busted yer ass getting this out should take some well deserved time off!!!! In a nutshell.....Great JOB and we ain't worried about the 64 bit for now!!! Take it easy!

The Dutchman
DUTCH88

Intel DG965OT Q6600 Quad Core
8GB DDR2 800 / 4TB Raid 0 / 1TB Non-Raid eSATA (For Ultimate Edition)
768MB EVGA GTX-460 SC

+ Zenithink ZT-280 C91 10.2" tablet running ICS and begging for a Ultimate Edition Port!!
Dutch88
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:51 am

downloaded 64bit version via torrent, (seeding for aslong as my connection will hold) burnt at default speed (automatic) booted up live on system in my sig, everythings working perfect no issues like ones described in this thread.

although one cool but annoying feature is moving the mouse down the the lower right hand corner of the screen zooms out and brings up the wall of virtual desktops, only annoying if you move the mouse down there by accident while your reading or doing something.

going to install this on my laptop

acer aspire 5532 (amd64) and see how it goes, if alls well it'll replace 3.0.1(32bit) on my main system

edit: installed and yeah get all of the weirdness

live works perfect but install and its all screwy not good :(
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby alfagamma81 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Tried it every possible way i could think of, desktop stays unresponding and cant access anything on livedvd. Md5 of iso matches, also passed the integrity test. Anyone solved this mystery yet?

Well, maybe i''ll go to 32bit and see if it works any better.

EDIT
No luck with 32bit either. I was able to get installer running, but it stucks at point where its creating ext4 to my disk of choice. This new ubuntu installer - it sucks.
Last edited by alfagamma81 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
alfagamma81
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby gpopowich » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi there, I am also having the same problems trying to install. I have tried both 64bit and 32 bit as well as trying to install from a USB key or DVD. I have also downloaded each version multiple times with the same result. When I get loaded up live, the mouse is not functional or when it is, when I click on the install icon the system is just busy with the cursor spinning.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Ultimate Edition 2.6.5 (64bit), 3.0.1(32bit)
ASRock P67Extreme6, Intel i7 2600k, Cooler Master V12 cooler
16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
180gb Corsair Force GT, 60 gb OCZ Vertex 2, 500gb Seagate, 3x 1tb Seagate HDD, 1.5tb Seagate HDD
Cooler Master HAF X case, Corsair 750 watt p/s
Asus GeForce GTX560TI
gpopowich
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Postby Pinksta » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 pm

I tried to install it again last night and it ground to a halt. I managed to get to a terminal using control-alt F1 and then I ran top. It showed me that X server was using 75% of my processor and I have six cores. I needed X so I killed Compiz and then X was only using 2% to 4% of my processor; went back to my desktop and my desktop was freed up. I was able to continue the install until I got to the username portion and it wouldn't let me put my name in. I went back to my terminal where I had top running and noticed some processes were starting to duplicate themselves, so far 24 gigs of RAM had been eaten up and I could watch the counter slowly move up, one process had something to do with the IRQ. I can't remember what the other process was; sorry it was a long day and I was up late trying to get it to work. I don't know if any of this will help anybody who's digging further into it but that's what I got so far; I'm going to dig further myself.
Pinksta

Ultimate Edition 3.2 x64 (finally solved install bugs) - lovin' it :)
Intel i7 3960x 3.3 GHz x6 cores
ASUS P9X79 MB
48GB Corsair 2800 DDR3 memory
ATI Radeon HD 7970
OCZ Vertex3 240 240 raid 120 single
Pinksta
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby MSDT » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:12 am

All rite, I have a question about installing Ultimate Edition into a USB stick and using it straight from the USB stick. Kindof like a live CD.

I downloaded the Ultimate Edition 3.2 64bit .ISO file, and tried to make a bootable USB stick with various different programs (in Windows 7).
(live-usb-install, Universal-USB-Installer, Xboot...) before that I made the stick as FAT32 etc.

When I got it to actually boot and tried to start the install, it just says "cannot open /casper/initrd.lz"
even though it's in the folder and it has all the permissions.

I've been using Ubuntu on my laptop before so i'm not totally ignorant when it comes to Linux and not afraid to use terminal, but still a noobie with it.
My need is to have linux (Ultimate Edition preferred) on a USB stick that i could use straight from the stick.

Question is how to do it properly?

I have Windows 7 installed, and my system (laptop) is:
Samsung R522
2.0GHz Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300
4GB DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA

Cheers for the help.
MSDT
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft