Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

A few things about Ultimate Edition 3.2

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: A few things about Ultimate Edition 3.2

Postby bnitch » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:32 pm

I changed to Metacity and got a block around Cairo-dock and have 4 desk tops but everything ends up in the first one. Hummmm
AMD FX-8320 X8 3500Mhz Processor
Asus M5A99FX Pro2
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Gigabyte)
16gb Memory G.Skill Ripjaws
Sound Blaster sound card
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0GB/s
Vertex 2 SSD 120gb
Vertex 4 SSD 120gb
Win 10
bnitch
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Filmore » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Ultimate Edition 3.2 is awesome.
This is the 3rd version of Ultimate Edition for me, 2.9, 3.0.1, and 3.2. They have all been excellent OS's with all of the extras that Ubuntu was lacking.
As someone who was a Windows user from 3.1, it was very hard to find a Distro that had everything I needed/wanted without having to deal with dependencies that could never be satisfied. Props go to TheeMahn and all those devoting time and energy to Ultimate Edition.
I did have one issue that I had experienced with every version of Ubuntu 11.10 that I have ever installed. Slow wireless internet connection after installation. Luckily I had been through it and knew it was as simple as adding a option line to my ath9k.conf
Code: Select all
gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf

Code: Select all
options ath9k nohwcrypt=1

Then reboot. Just in case anyone else is having this issue.
Thanks again for a GREAT Release

Just a side note... for those looking for a password while they are using the Live dvd... create a user account before you log out and there will be no trouble.
Last edited by Filmore on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Filmore
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Herpy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I installed it (32 bit but I wanted 64 bit, oh well) and it runs fantastic! Another good one dude!
Herpy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Nice Avatar.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby GhostRider13 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:06 pm

:zomb1 Looks like it´s dl time again.....it takes a few hrs for me but it´s worth the wait.Iǘe been having trouble with network manager going ¨dead¨ for no reason.I have to reboot to make it work again.Ubuntu really needs to stop adding uselesss stuff like Unity and fix the important stuff that is faulty.You guys do a bang up job with all the fixing you have to do.I had 3.01 running perfect and then I did something stupid,I installed Win8 and it wiped it out even though I put it on itś own partition,grrr.I have a few Mozilla extensions that I would like to see added to future releases,Speedfox,Pearltrees,Quick Passwords,and Do Not Track Plus.Pearltrees is better than bookmarks,I no longer have to worry about losing my favorite sites when I install/reinstall.Keep the Ultimate Edition´s rolling out! <BREW> :lol: :winner :vil_biere <BREW>
Attachments
Screenshot-Add-ons Manager - Mozilla Firefox.png
GhostRider13
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2