Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

pidgin plugins....

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

pidgin plugins....

Postby FMB » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 am

lately I've been finding it a bit more difficult to compile pidgin plugins.... specifically on this version of 1.7 x64 Ultimate Edition... and whats caused me to find this out is due to all the spim i get just for being in a yahoo chatroom. I would like to compile either Google's privacy-please or bot sentry since they seem to be the only versions around. just... I cant figure out why a linked file cant be found.... "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpurple." so now I've downloaded the Deb package from getdeb.net and I am stuck with the problem of no pidgin package found.... and reading the forums at ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=558197 are not revealing much answers.
¨Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.¨- Bill Gates
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100-3583 OS: Ultimate Edition 3.0

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 64 Processor 3500+/w L2 512 KB
1gb ddr1
on board Video(ATI North/south bridge)/audio + tv tuner!
With original CMOS firmware from the OEM (not fryś version)
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Re: pidgin plugins....

Postby vinca » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 am

FMB wrote:lately I've been finding it a bit more difficult to compile pidgin plugins.... specifically on this version of 1.7 x64 Ultimate Edition... and whats caused me to find this out is due to all the spim i get just for being in a yahoo chatroom. I would like to compile either Google's privacy-please or bot sentry since they seem to be the only versions around. just... I cant figure out why a linked file cant be found.... "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpurple." so now I've downloaded the Deb package from getdeb.net and I am stuck with the problem of no pidgin package found.... and reading the forums at ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=558197 are not revealing much answers.

I don't know a whole lot because i dont have a yim but I do know that Pidgin is the best free im client, and includes encryption on each message for security, again I don't know much but if the spam bot is already in the chatroom, how are you gonna stop it? btw I've never heard of a plugin in pidgin but you're prolly right... I don't know everytning ;)
Sorry I Couldn't be of more help fmb

Vinca
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Have you tried Kopete ?
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby FMB » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 pm

I have... I don't like it since it doesn't support Myspace as far as i am aware. I also like the fact pidgin has the psychic plugin.
LeadFingers wrote:Have you tried Kopete ?
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
1gb ddr1
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby FMB » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Also in addition Kopete uses KDE themes... I like my black contrast theme using fewer resources than KDE.

1gb ddr1
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby FMB » Fri May 02, 2008 10:22 am

I think I might make quite a few people happy for finding this..... http://deb.desire.ch/pool/pidgin-pp/pidgin-privacy-please_0.5.0-2_amd64.deb

1gb ddr1
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Baphomet » Fri May 02, 2008 11:43 am

FMB wrote:I think I might make quite a few people happy for finding this..... http://deb.desire.ch/pool/pidgin-pp/pidgin-privacy-please_0.5.0-2_amd64.deb

Hmmm... I'll bite. What does it DO?
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am...

If it's not broken, you haven't tweaked it enough.

Beginners Guide: Linux 101
Baphomet
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.2 64 BIT

Postby jfg69 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:49 am

FMB wrote:I think I might make quite a few people happy for finding this..... http://deb.desire.ch/pool/pidgin-pp/pidgin-privacy-please_0.5.0-2_amd64.deb

I guess this should cut down on the number of spam IM's I get, even when I'm not online (which is weird, btw..) I also dont do chat rooms anymore, unless its something I'm doing on here or another board with folks I know. I'm gonna give it a try and see how it works, thanks for posting it up FMB.

jfg69

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!