Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Overdue salute to Larry Hagman!

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Overdue salute to Larry Hagman!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Larry Hagman not only was a great actor but a great person in general! On stage(film) we saw the sly underhanded JR Ewing he portrayed. That is the role he is best known for. Many have forgotten all the treasures of comedy he leaves behind. The fact he constantly helped his coworkers learn their parts is something we should all keep to heart! Life is short, things happen and we just need to help each other always! In his younger years, Larry Hagman was best known for his portrayal of Major Anthony Nelson. The show was known as I Dream of Jeannie. In this portrayal as Major Nelson he finds an odd looking bottle on the beach after a failed space mission. Upon pulling the cork off the bottle a beautiful blond Genie appears(played by Barbara Eden). Was one of the better comedies I grew up with and enjoyed. Unfortunately in this world, there are people that do not understand the difference between acting and reality. Larry was plagued on many occasions in his time off stage. He was confronted for his actions against his on stage wife(portrayed by Linda Gray).Was very unfortunate people did not understand this difference. The true relationship between Larry Hagman and Linda Gray was a true friendship. On his very last day on this earth, Linda was by his side just hoping Larry would once again win his battle against cancer. It did not happen, so we lost a great person and actor. Larry should be remembered for the crazy stunts he pulled with his fellow actors such as skateboarding on set, when he was 60 years old! Hours he spent to aid struggling actors learn their lines and help make them keep their cool while on stage. Directors and producers also know they lost a great friend. Unlike his alter-ego JR Ewing, Larry was very kind and generous. I know it is late and overdue for this salute, but it needs to be done! We have lost a great person and great role-model! How does this all pertain to us here? I feel the this forum is a prime example of how Larry lived his life to help others! I see that here and is something that also needs to be saluted! Long live Ultimate!!! Never let this legacy go away!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!