Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Custom .iso's (Remix's) boot to Ubuntu destop !! ??,

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Custom .iso's (Remix's) boot to Ubuntu destop !! ??,

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 am

Custom .iso's boot to a "fresh" Ubuntu desktop (with no customizations or custom app's) or hang at plymouth, i.e. U E 3.0, Bodhi Linux stall at Plymouth, OZ Unity, "Guru's" PenUltimate, as well as my own Customs, All boot to Ubuntu desktop ! I have used Remastersys as well as Relinux, with the same results ! This has been an issue with the "New" Ubuntu, since 11.04 ! Am I missing something ? anyone else have this issue ? :? :ugeek:
:downthere
P.S Yes I have added necessary files to ect/skel ! ;)
P.S.S. Also My custom was built on 12.04 w/ all updates, BUT when loaded shows 11.10 Fresh 700+ updates ! HUH !?
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Custom .iso's (Remix's) boot to Ubuntu destop !! ??,

Postby N92 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Not sure what happened but do you have the latest Remastersys? I think it is 3.0
Also Ubuntu does not show 12.04 yet it is only in the Alpha stages and should be changed soon.
Computer specs:
Linux Regal
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.5GHz / Xigmatek LOKI CPU cooler
16GB G.SKILL DDR3 RAM 1600 / Corsair GS800
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD / Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD
N92
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 am

:D Hello N92, Yes I am useing the latest remastersys and relinux and yes I am running 12.04 Precise, But this issue has been on going for me with all the new remix's from 11.04 and up ! It's driving me Krazy !! :vil2_joker
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Moebius » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 am

Hi JOHNNYG,
Only issues I have had has been with the automatic pulldown of the PAE Kernel when using 32bit. Looking at your signature, 1Gb ram means the PAE Kernel is not the issue. I see you're using an ATI card - are you running a 3.xx series Kernel (which doesn't necessarily like ATI)?
Also, if using Remastersys 3 series, do your own /skel additions as Tony's (fragadelic) menu option for copying files to skel also copies user.dirs and other things which can cause issues with the creation of home folders and keyrings.
If you can work with standard generic stuff (ie no vid card, just onboard Intel) and copy only the barest essentials to /skel, it will solve a lot of issues.
Lastly, have you tested a 'backup'.iso to see if it works correctly? If not, then there are larger issues at play.

Sorry can't be more help.
'Moebius.iso Test Dev' was remixed from 11.10 without issue - you're more than welcome to pull it down and test to see what happens. Might give you a heads up as well.
12.04 Precise daily builds as mentioned by N92 will still show 11.10 until after freeze (I believe). I have the same thing happening here.

Cheers. :D
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 pm

Here is the thing, I have rip'd ALL Ubuntu stuff out, themes, icons, examples, ect. not a lick of Ubuntu ! I have tryed to distroy it ! and when I load the .ISO from DVD or Flash drive. . . . . It is 1.8 GiG of Ubuntu !!! :twisted: with eveything I took out & nothing I put in :cry: :? !!! $%^# !!!! I think maybe the gremlins are at it again ! :x :lol:
This is an example > > :violeent
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Me . . . . . . . Ubuntu :lol:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

:P I am such a Dunce !!! in my haste to overcome the glitch's I have found hacks for, (after a major HD Crash !) :twisted: I loaded x86-64,and 32bit, This will not work for remastersys ! on a 64bit rig, (at least not for me !) (Must be x86 on 32bit and x64 on a 64 bit ! ) :oops: I have so much on my mind, lost my job, mom in-law died (RIP My sweet !) wife had back issues, took some shots in her lower back,....Next thing paralized !!!, (She is better now,but nobody knows what happed ! ) sold property (2) and now nobody has any money to pay there obligation ! :twisted: Damn ! So . . . .I just try to keep a level head and continue to "Just Get jiggie wi-it" !! ;) :D I am sorry If I have been a bit "sour" of late ! That is why I have shy'd away from posting, but, the with the lord, and my "Damn the torpedo's !" attitude, I shall overcome ! :D <BREW>
Anywho, I now have a grasp on what you shall have by the weekend ! <BREW>
Ultimate- E !!! <BREW> Just ta let ya kick it and have some fun ! <BREW> She is pretty ! :vil2_serenade
On a possitive note, Thanks to all of you (us) that preach backup ! I lost very little ! :D and I have all new installs to work with, and they seem run faster and better than the the others, Lucid, Maveric, Oneiric, Precise, <testing) and all my fav's !! ;) . . . you know who they are ! ;) <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!