Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Never Stop Ultimate Edition / or Any Distros you guys make

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Never Stop Ultimate Edition / or Any Distros you guys make

Postby JF382 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to make this post as I saw a fight going on over here. (pclinuxguru). This is very disappointing to me as Pclinuxguru has helped me a lot, and I was just talking to him the other day on the second forum. The real reason of this post though is to tell TheeMan that his work will ALWAYS be appreciated. I'm a user of Ultimate Edition and Onyx64. I wouldn't even be using Linux if it wasn't for you, TheeMan. I found out about this years ago, not sure when I joined, but I knew about it even before then. I decided to join because I wanted to get more involved. I really like being involved with the forums you guys have. I really hope nothing gets broken apart because of a simple fight. Things happen, but I do not think you guys should stop building the OS's you guys make. I just saw a video the other day of the newest Ultimate Edition, and the red theme looks amazing. I just hope everyone keeps going with what normal was going. Doesn't deserve to stop over a silly fight. I will support Ultimate Edition for life.
Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB Cache) 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB SATA hard drive - 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
14.0" LED backlit display - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 4 x USB 2.0 ports 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone output 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x DC-in

Desktop: COMPAQ SR5550F, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+(2.8GHz), 64 bit Dual Core Processor, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache, 3GB DDR2 800, 500GB SATA 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory, Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430
JF382
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Never Stop Ultimate Edition / or Any Distros you guys ma

Postby billhedrick » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 pm

You did not see a fight happening here as guru and the gang did not have publicly have one. There was a disagreement over the direction that future development should go, and we parted ways amicably
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby JF382 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

billhedrick wrote:You did not see a fight happening here as guru and the gang did not have publicly have one. There was a disagreement over the direction that future development should go, and we parted ways amicably

Sorry I didn't really mean a fight, I meant a disagreement, as you said. Thanks for correcting that. I am not trying to get any body in trouble or anything that would be RIDICULOUS. I was a big fan of pclinuxguru, has helped me many times, and is a great person. If anything is off, feel free to correct. I am not trying to be an asshole or anything. Take care everyone.

Similar thread can be viewed here: https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum ... 116&t=3306
Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB Cache) 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB SATA hard drive - 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
14.0" LED backlit display - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 4 x USB 2.0 ports 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone output 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x DC-in

Desktop: COMPAQ SR5550F, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+(2.8GHz), 64 bit Dual Core Processor, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache, 3GB DDR2 800, 500GB SATA 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory, Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430
JF382
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Moebius » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:14 am

Hi JF382,
Thought I'd reply here rather than Oz as the topic is more pertinent here.
We (You, Me, Us) will never let Ultimate Edition go quietly into the good night!
We have all invested far too much blood sweat and tears to see that happen.
What has happened was not a fight, instead, you could call it a differing viewpoint or even an awakening.
Guru has not been banned from here nor Oz and as such is always welcome to come and join in the community. His vision for Linux is different to ours (and that's fine), so he has decided to focus on his vision, Linux Regal.

The positive aspects of what has happened:

We have become acutely aware that the Ultimate Edition project has become greater than any one individual. We are a team. Knowing this, Meister is in the process of restructuring our team and preparing a road map to allow us to grow beyond any one individual. This is by no means disrespecting TheeMahn and what he has done, instead it validates that what he has done is worthy of progression and stability.

What we are starting to see behind the scenes is the nucleus of something great and we have only just started. We have all banded together as one family and with Meisters direction and our brilliance (sorry, shameless plug for the team :roll: ) we will never stop doing what we love to do. Your support only makes us want to do it more.

Cheers.
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Postby INX » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:20 am

Moebius wrote:We have all banded together as one family and with Meisters direction and our brilliance (sorry, shameless plug for the team :roll: ) we will never stop doing what we love to do. Your support only makes us want to do it more.

Huge + 1 Moebius.

Moebius wrote:This is by no means disrespecting TheeMahn and what he has done, instead it validates that what he has done is worthy of progression and stability.

To the above, I would respectfully add that it ("a differing viewpoint") will will not only validate Thee's vision, but will ensure that vision is maintained..
We have just seen that happen....yeah?
I think this community spirit..esprit-de-corps....is a big part of what Ultimate Edition is all about.

VIVA!!
INX
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby megaptera » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Moebius wrote:Hi JF382,
Thought I'd reply here rather than Oz as the topic is more pertinent here.
We (You, Me, Us) will never let Ultimate Edition go quietly into the good night!
We have all invested far too much blood sweat and tears to see that happen.
What has happened was not a fight, instead, you could call it a differing viewpoint or even an awakening.
Guru has not been banned from here nor Oz and as such is always welcome to come and join in the community. His vision for Linux is different to ours (and that's fine), so he has decided to focus on his vision, Linux Regal.

The positive aspects of what has happened:

We have become acutely aware that the Ultimate Edition project has become greater than any one individual. We are a team. Knowing this, Meister is in the process of restructuring our team and preparing a road map to allow us to grow beyond any one individual. This is by no means disrespecting TheeMahn and what he has done, instead it validates that what he has done is worthy of progression and stability.

What we are starting to see behind the scenes is the nucleus of something great and we have only just started. We have all banded together as one family and with Meisters direction and our brilliance (sorry, shameless plug for the team :roll: ) we will never stop doing what we love to do. Your support only makes us want to do it more.

Cheers.

Thanks for that clarification. I'd picked up on something happening here but wasn't sure what ... and that was puzzling.
Now you've explained it's clearer, thanks.
megaptera

Operating System: Other Linux

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!