Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

My new computer

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

My new computer

Postby Huginn » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 am

Good day all,

new user and glad to have found you guys...after reading about Ultimate Edition and saw the maintainer loves 10.10 Ubuntu and don't like 11.04 I knew I was in the right place, I ran 10.10 Ubuntu for over a year...just awesome, been using Linux for about 10 years so can't understand why I did not find you guys earlier LoL

It was a strange problem that led me here, I finally got around to upgrading my computer and now have a AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 7550 Dual-Core Processor and 4 GB memory, now I'm used to old computers and have loads of old hw around lol but I can not get this new system to run, Ultimate Edition 2.8 Gamers ran fine, but full update today is 3.3 GB (yes minus the natty). I set up 2.9 and that was only 400 MB update, however the graphic failed and left me at command prompt (just deleted xorg.conf). I try'd Ubuntu, Mint and only Ultimate Edition ran out of the box ~thumbs~Up~

The system is 64bit, but I been downloading 32bit .iso mainly cause what I have heard is that 4GB and lower go 32bit and 64bit if you got more memory.

Now I'm wondering if I would have better luck with 64bit system ?! anyone have ideas on that :ugeek:

Or should I start looking into hardwear problems that may be there ?! cause Winblows install also fails with blue screen of death. Know any hardwear test linux distroes, or does Ultimate Edition also do that so well haha

I just don't know these new computers haha finally when I get one haha look forward to hear from you all.

with best regards, Huginn
Huginn
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: My new computer

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:59 am

First

Linux 1gb on x64 works every bit as well as 32 bit on 1 gb.

So use of x32 or x64, if she's a x64 capable system. Regardless of ram, I would still use x64.

I use x64 on a 1 gb netbook. Linux based and she only uses 189 mb of ram at full load idle.

Next

Sounds to me that you might not be stable.

Can you offer detail as to the problems your seeing?
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Re: My new computer

Postby Huginn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes thankx alot Gúrú, you where right, the 64 bit runs great so far, the problem was a bad connection for the extra power-plug on the graphics card, rendering all operating systems to crash except Ultimate Edition, good job for the developers on that one A++

Now I can finally relax and start exploring things at more ease.

over and out for now :twisted:
Huginn
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!