Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Bulk Emailer package?

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Bulk Emailer package?

Postby EFH » Wed May 25, 2011 8:42 am

I looked through Ultamatix and the Ubuntu Software Center trying to find a bulk email sending package and all I find are regular email clients ~ nothing that appears suitable for bulk emailing. While a normal email client might have a list driven feature, none of the descriptions talk about this, so I am assuming that the normal email clients don't support bulk mailings.

Does anyone know of a package that can handle sending bulk email, and/or have experience with one? I'm running Ultimate Edition 2.9, 64bit.

If I can find a decent package, I plan to purchase an email list with 50K addresses so that I can blast out a cover letter email with a resume attachment. The bulk email app would need to have an internal SMTP, or use my POP/SMTP email host account, be able to control the sending rate (messages per minute?) or restart the SMTP connection once in a while so that the SMTP host doesn't complain, etc. I'll make sure there's an opt out to comply with CAN-SPAM regs, but I really need to get my resume out there! :P

EFH
EFH
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Re: Bulk Emailer package?

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

I found a bunch by doing a google search for "bulk emailer for linux" without the quotes. I haven't used any of them so I can't say how well any of them work. Some are shareware. I would say check a few out and see which one suites your needs. Might try them for the evaluation term, and buy one if you think it's worth it. Remember Ultimate Edition is Debian based so you would idealy want one that comes as a .deb file.

Maybe someone knows of one that's in the repos., but I don't.

Turbo Mailer for Linux - Bulk mail software and email list processor $14.90
Unimailer $29
& a bunch here: http://linux.software.informer.com/down ... il-sender/

Good luck with the job hunt.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!