Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 Linux setup (finished)

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Acer Aspire One AOD255E-1643 Linux setup (finished)

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Been a long road and a lot of learning. But my nebook (ipad replacement) is finished.

Final product, natty beta all tricked out. Made to run stable and smooth. extremely lean and mean. 160 mb of ram in use at boot. Full compiz effects, the works.

First off this laptop is NEW and in terms of netbooks. State of the art, so OZ unity offered a series lack of support. Ultimate edition 2.9 refused to install the wireless card and natty packs would not install. Natty worked, but was in beta stage, so the leg work to make it all jive was a bit more then usual. Once Natty - OZ unity 2.0 - Ultimate Edition 3.0 hits prime time. Setup of this netbook with be a cake walk.

Windows was NOT an option, clearly it is a problem child right from the start. Suffering Viruses in the billions and Rot (bit loss) like no other. Extreme heavy on system resources 6 times that or more then linux.

But its all good, ruffly 7 hours of working at it, shes ready to rock.

Natty Beta 1 Tweaked and costumed out with FULL eye candy and compiz effects. Genome 3 was installed and trailed out, but still showed to be buggy. So final product was picked as Classic desktop.

Lets start the review, This bad boy sports a dual core quad thread 1.66 Ghz CPU @ 8.6 watts TDP max load. RUN TIME Looks to average 6 hours to 6.5 Hours with 40% screen brightness or 8 Hours @ 30% to 25% screen brightness. Using by demand option for CPU frequency scaling.

I used 4 instances so I could control EACH core and each thread separately. Allowing for far greater control, It has a Western Digital Blue Sata II HDD pre built in for Hard drive. 1 Gb DDR 3 1333 , the 10.1 inch screen has very nice color and brightness for a netbook of only $309.00 USD.

Charger port uses the A typical Acer port used for ALL there net books and laptops, so universal chargers are a given.

This unity was intended on my end as a replacement to a Ipad that fails to meet my needs. Start to finish boot times bios to loaded into linux are timed @ 52.2 seconds till the system is fully ready to start working.

Finished product ,

8.png
7.png
5.png
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!