Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Do you listen to your "Heart or Mind" ?

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: Do you listen to your "Heart or Mind" ?

Postby dante19992 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 am

well the way I see it listening to your heart gets it broken but listening to your mind doesn't. That being said the heart also heals. In some cases overnight (muwahahahahaha) so I say listen to bolth but listen to them in a balance between them based on who you are instead of always a 50-50 split. some hearts are weaker and some minds less intelligent some hearts are made of steel and some minds pure genious. just follow both but favor the better of the two.
dante19992
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Billie Cowie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:29 pm

There is the mind.
There is the heart.
There is the intelligence of the heart.
The latter is the fundamental base of all moral and spiritual philosophy.
The intelligent heart causes the higher mind-function of the brain to awaken and this in turn leads, in time to enlightenment.
In relation to decision making the individual who follows only their mind and ignores their heart may become in other peoples eyes very successful attaining position in life, accumulating wealth and acquiring prestige.
But if they are not happy they took the wrong path.
Equally the individual who follows their heart and ignores the cautious promptings of their intellect may similarly surround themselves with many superficial things .
But if they are unhappy they took the wrong path.
Happiness is not a thing that can be found or acquired, it is a gift of self-knowledge.
In asking which it is better to follow in order to find happiness, the answer is neither.People and possessions do not make you happy. it is your reaction to them that determines your degree of happiness.
We live in a society where everyone is looking for the instant fix-it doesn't exist. So why chase it?
We live in a world where people and the " state" make constant demands upon us, we are obliged to do this and expected to do that because we are told we owe it to our family, we owe it to the state for providing us with an education and giving us the opportunity to repay the debt we are told we owe by getting a good job and following tradition.If we do not the people around us frown, they make us feel guilty and a failure.
Yet,it is they who are in the wrong.
It is not for you to become the No 1 seed at Wimbledon because your father failed to, Nor is it for you to become a heart-surgeon just to follow in daddy's footsteps. If it isn't what you want to do, independently of others desires and wishes then you will not be happy and you will not succeed.
Likewise chasing the dream of becoming the next Pop-idol will not bring happiness or success if you are only following a desire to be famous.
In the first scenario an individual has chosen to conform to others wishes of what they should do with their life,and in the other by following the urging of the heart blindly without thinking of the consequences they have sought only a life of selfish ego-gratification.
In both cases neither individual really knew what they wanted or they would have been successful. The first, if it was their true heart-felt desire to help others could have become the worlds greatest heart-surgeon. The second if they knew in the very depths of their innermost being they were born to sing,if they ate breathed and dreamt music could have become the next Elvis.
In both cases heart and mind were not balanced.
In my youth I followed the path of conformity , went out and got a good job, conformed to social norms, sought to settle down and raise a family.etc.Because this was what was expected, why then should I not want it?
The consequence was failure, heartbreak and misery. Unemployed, jilted, alienated from friends and family alike and eventually homeless.
After the passing of my parents I moved into lodgings for the homeless, went back to further education, gained a Masters Degree in Fine Art and pursued a childhood dream of becoming an artist.I now live that dream.
I am not rich but I am not poor. I am happy with my life and happy with who I am.
My point in all of this is that I am an artist because that is what I do, not because I want wealth or fame ( which is perhaps just as well ).In my innermost being I was always an artist.
Writers likewise write because they cant not write-it is in their soul!
Any money they make is just a bonus.
The same is true of successful singers, or heart-surgeons or military commanders.
Success in this sense does not come from money but from personal fulfilment -and it is THAT which makes you happy. To find that requires the right balance of heart & mind, but the bottom line is if you are not happy then you are not fulfilled.
That doesn't mean you can't be-it depends on you. It has nothing to do with anyone else.What is required is self-honesty ,learn to accept your faults and limitations,and recognise your strengths and inner needs. Self-knowledge leads to self-awareness and self-awareness to self-liberation.
The ultimate answer to your question lies within and it will only be found with considered introspection.
If the question is about love the same principle applies-seek a balance of heart and mind and the rest will follow, but in this context there is an added proviso-to find true and lasting love you must first learn to love yourself.
Hope this helps someone,somewhere. :)
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby pam » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:51 am

It doesn't matter how hard you work. Pursuing what you believe in and are willing to put in the efforts over time is what reality is about. Dont waste your life over interests that wont matter 1 month from now. A steady mind is a peaceful mind. Calmness and being composed is a state of mind that is acquired through experience and faith in the self-- the heart follows thereon. All conversations are a waste of time so save speech and instead breathe deeply, suck in air and your heart will be filled with gladness.

1st rig:
amd phenom II 955 oced to 3.7 GHz at 1.35 volts (undervolting ) at temps 38 celsius idle(room temp 36).
gigabyte 880g usb3
14 GB ddr3 ram-- 2gb gskill at 1333 oc to 1600, 4gb transcend at 1333 oc to 1600, gskill sniper kit 8gb at 1600 stock (dirt cheap)
Power gold 450 watt PSU
ati radeon 4250 IGP with sapphire 5450 hybrid crossfire.
MSI radeon 6790 ( for playing crysis 2 and dirt 3 on windows)-------AMDccc 11.8
cooler master hyper tx3 dual fan in push pull config --cpu cooler
500 gb samsung 16 mb sata 2, samsung ide 80 gb truecrypt encrpyted hdd.
hp dvd 1260 writer
samsung 920 NW 19" monitor (shared via kvm switch)
quad boot: Ultimate Edition 2.9 , win 7, debian 6, slackware 13.37 (all 64 bit)

2nd rig:
intel e2140 1.6 Ghz dual core
gigabyte g41m combo
2 gb ddr2
WD 500 gb 32 mb hdd
Ultimate Edition 2.9, pardus 2011 dama dama, freebsd 8.2 with gnome 2

compaq armada m700 laptop
800 mhz intel pentium 3
460 mb sd ram
ati rage pro 8 mb agp graphics chip
20 gb ide hdd
dvd rom drive
freebsd 8.0, mandrake linux 10.1 (2004)

lenovo 3000 g530
core2 duo 2.0 Ghz
4 gb ddr2
250 gb hdd
intel hd graphics
Ultimate Edition 2.9, win 7, simply mepis 11.0
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby RobNJ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:01 am

Too much of the former & not enough of the latter ;)
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Previous

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!