Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

CSS??

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

CSS??

Postby jfg69 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm

OK, whos the CSS guru on the forum? Got a quirk in my code I cant figure out regarding positioning of a "container"...

I'm using an open source web template. I modified to fit my liking- almost... The content and the navigation are in containers. I cant get the containers moved over far enough to the right into the white space without throwing it out of wack on IE. F*&^% MS sucks...

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Re: CSS??

Postby cowboy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:45 pm

Sounds like your x, y, z. coordinates are off.
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby jfg69 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:54 pm

cowboy wrote:Sounds like your x, y, z. coordinates are off.

i think the xyz got tangled in the abc and it damaged my IQ...

jfg69
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:06 pm

Could I please see your css source, I don't want to claim being a guru at css, but will resolve your issue when I can see / edit in realtime. This would require access to your server PM me the info, always happy to help out a mod, perhaps provided you don't mind I can clean up your html as well. SEO's charge up to 12 grand a page for you free ;) I would like to also see the page we are talking about set as a link here before I do anything ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby jfg69 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:21 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Could I please see your css source, I don't want to claim being a guru at css, but will resolve your issue when I can see / edit in realtime. This would require access to your server PM me the info, always happy to help out a mod, perhaps provided you don't mind I can clean up your html as well. SEO's charge up to 12 grand a page for you free ;) I would like to also see the page we are talking about set as a link here before I do anything ;)

WOW, never saw this reply till now. I have it set to notify me too... hmmm
anyway... heres what I did-

I went back in and played with the code. I made some of it absolute positioning which helped a hell of a lot. I went and made the backgrounds of each item different colors so I could see what I was doing and how it was affecting the rest of the page. (Thats a warning as to why it looks so bizarre atthe moment.) I have it mostly sorted outwith the exception of a weird "box" that shows up in IE6(?) dont know about other versions.. but FF and opera look OK.

http://www.four-nineteen.com/index1.htm

Holy Smokes!

WOW! you fixed it! Just the mere thought of you having a look, scared the sh*t out of the CSS and IE! Just like Chuck Norris! You truly ARE Thee Mahn!

I just went to confirm the correct url and the page as viewed from here at work on IE 6.0.2800 looks as intended (except for the weird colors...)
Hows it on your end?
Also, click on the GALLERY link and have a look there as well if you would. I whipped that page up yesterday after getting frustrated with the main page.

Thanks!

jfg69

jfg69
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!