Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Is this legal?

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: Is this legal?

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:04 pm

LeadFingers wrote:I agree, 3rd world countries have a HUGE Linux following.
However, here in the USA, The largest Linux demigraphic is the Geeks & Techo-nerds. Followed closely by the less computer savy folks who are tired of dealing with Windows shortcomings. That's mainly why we are seeing such a large influx of NuBees.

I also came to linux seeking a stable OS. I got so very tired of installing Windows on other peoples boxes simply because of viruses and software conflicts. (insert MySpace, MSN Messenger & Yahoo Messenger here)
Nearly all scientific instutions and medical testing labs use linux, along with a large portion of hospitals.
If a law firm's system crashes, not only do they stand to loose a fortune, but their jobs are on the line. (if they screw up they can be disbarred)
So I would imagine a certain percentage of lawyers use Linux. (but probably don't hit to many Linux forums)

Support Enforcement division is required by law to provide you with the statues for withholding, upon request.
Better Yet... nearly any major courthouse will have a law library open to the public. (most often with a knowlegable librarian)
AND EVERY lawyer in America is require by law to do a certain percentage Pro-Bono work.
On the ones that won't take you Pro-Bono, normaly consultations are free and the statues you seek would be provided then.

As for offending me... Please!
I make the sign of the cross when I speak your name. ;)

I greatly appreciate you thinking that way of me, however I don't wear sandles and my name is not Jesus. Finding a lawyer that is pro-bono is non-existent in this huge city I live in ;) If you are talking when they set my support I have seen no such statutes, and if that is what you refer to It is stated that if she does not provide insurance I get the hammer. She also reaps the benefits for income tax across the board each and every year.

Understand this they do not care where it comes from, as long as it comes. They have offered & delt me time in the county jail after taking my license (wow lets see him find a job w/o a license), strip him of his home yes they did this as well. I am currently looking at time in prison (as long as I work & pay no worries), for a child that may not even be mine. Open & honest I will always be.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby LeadFingers » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 pm

Getting the statues...

Step 1
Any government institution will make you jump through their hoops to get anything.
Information they don't want you to have, more hoops.
You will have to go to Support Enforcement Division, request to speak to the caseworker assigned to the case, and ask them which forms to fill out to get the statues for withholding.
Be specific, be polite, be patient.
Do not..do not, let them get you angry. They thrive on that AND it will hurt your case. They will most likely give you an attitude, just accept that as part of their sick little game. Don,t believe ANYTHING they tell you, without Double checking.

Step 2
Write down a brief summary of your case.
Call 3 or 4 lawyers to make an appointment for a consultation.
make sure to ask if the consultation is free.
Take your summary with you.
Take notes. (unless you have a photographic memory)

After step 1 and 2, you should be more informed on what your rights are.
Know ahead of time, you won't like it. If you can't live with what you found, go to step 3... Law library.

As you may have notice by now, this whole process will bend you in ways you could never have imagined, and some of it you may never recover from. The ONLY way to soften the impact... get a lawyer!!!

Realize, you have fallen off the known universe and landed in a very twisted place.
You are no longer fighting for money or the lifestyle you once had... you are fighting to keep your soul intact.
You are going to have to do things that are distasteful and go against your nature.
You are going to have to learn to fight dirty!
The best way to do this... Get a lawyer.

I realize, presently you can't afford one... (here we go back to doing things against your nature)
Set Up a Pay pal account and let the people who enjoy your Distro help you.
I'm sure a lot of the family here would like to help.

Sorry If this sounds like a lecture.
I wish someone would have pushed me in a different direction when I was going through the wringer.

PS did I mention... get a lawyer :D
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:19 pm

LeadFingers wrote:Getting the statues...

Step 1
Any government institution will make you jump through their hoops to get anything.
Information they don't want you to have, more hoops.
You will have to go to Support Enforcement Division, request to speak to the caseworker assigned to the case, and ask them which forms to fill out to get the statues for withholding.
Be specific, be polite, be patient.
Do not..do not, let them get you angry. They thrive on that AND it will hurt your case. They will most likely give you an attitude, just accept that as part of their sick little game. Don,t believe ANYTHING they tell you, without Double checking.

Step 2
Write down a brief summary of your case.
Call 3 or 4 lawyers to make an appointment for a consultation.
make sure to ask if the consultation is free.
Take your summary with you.
Take notes. (unless you have a photographic memory)

After step 1 and 2, you should be more informed on what your rights are.
Know ahead of time, you won't like it. If you can't live with what you found, go to step 3... Law library.

As you may have notice by now, this whole process will bend you in ways you could never have imagined, and some of it you may never recover from. The ONLY way to soften the impact... get a lawyer!!!

Realize, you have fallen off the known universe and landed in a very twisted place.
You are no longer fighting for money or the lifestyle you once had... you are fighting to keep your soul intact.
You are going to have to do things that are distasteful and go against your nature.
You are going to have to learn to fight dirty!
The best way to do this... Get a lawyer.

I realize, presently you can't afford one... (here we go back to doing things against your nature)
Set Up a Pay pal account and let the people who enjoy your Distro help you.
I'm sure a lot of the family here would like to help.

Sorry If this sounds like a lecture.
I wish someone would have pushed me in a different direction when I was going through the wringer.

PS did I mention... get a lawyer :D

Are you going to pay for a lawyer? My last check for 2 weeks $200, try and live off that. ;) As far as donations, do you think it is their problem? Do you think I should charge for what should be free? Never have and won't do so now. Nothing personal & apologize if I have upset you, it is not your problem as well. Probably should not have posted it was angry at the time, sorry.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby DaddyX3 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:24 pm

Your a good man ... Mahn ;) & its always OK to vent here, this is your world.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby deate » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:26 am

Just a thought... As I sit here patiently awaiting a copy of 1.6 from OSDisc( thanks DaddyX3) and having read through forum on EBAY, and will this work on my computer, knowing full well that by the time I get this disc, it will be obsolete, why don't you guys get together and provide discs yourselves on ebay? I know, I know all the free soft ware, open source ya-da ya-da, but there are those of us out here with out the bandwidth resources to update and stay up with Thee Mahn. As I sit here, I know that the 1.6 disc is not the gamers edition, and that the stuff is in the repo, but even if I was able to stumble thru and manage to get it downloaded, I would still be up against my bandwidth limits and the time to download from my satellite would be prohibitive. I understand that Thee Mahn doesn't expect money for open source software, but couldn't some of you get together and share in distributing the service of selling discs to those of us with out the download speeds, thru EBAY, I would gladly buy from you, as I'm sure others would... Thee Mahn could receive royalties as it were from the sale of the discs, others could benefit from producing discs and mailing them from us happy shoppers... just a thought
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby deate » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm sorry, I should have qualified the previous post with my intention of how to provide for a lawyer.. Just got wrapped up in previous pain from equal experiences...But take heart!! It only lasts till the kids are 18
deate
Site Admin

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 am

deate wrote:Just a thought... As I sit here patiently awaiting a copy of 1.6 from OSDisc( thanks DaddyX3) and having read through forum on EBAY, and will this work on my computer, knowing full well that by the time I get this disc, it will be obsolete, why don't you guys get together and provide discs yourselves on ebay? I know, I know all the free soft ware, open source ya-da ya-da, but there are those of us out here with out the bandwidth resources to update and stay up with Thee Mahn. As I sit here, I know that the 1.6 disc is not the gamers edition, and that the stuff is in the repo, but even if I was able to stumble thru and manage to get it downloaded, I would still be up against my bandwidth limits and the time to download from my satellite would be prohibitive. I understand that Thee Mahn doesn't expect money for open source software, but couldn't some of you get together and share in distributing the service of selling discs to those of us with out the download speeds, thru EBAY, I would gladly buy from you, as I'm sure others would... Thee Mahn could receive royalties as it were from the sale of the discs, others could benefit from producing discs and mailing them from us happy shoppers... just a thought

I have absolutely no problem with that, however want no royalties; I am here for the people thanks for thinking of me ;) Maybe if I did so I could afford a lawyer :) Get this since my last post here, they court ordered insurance on me, I currently work for $20 a day if I work 6 days a week $119 and change, they don't care if I am homeless obviously, try and live off that... Can't wait to see this weeks check if I get one I was off for new years eve (don't get holiday pay) so 5 days straight time, I bet I don't even get a check.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby deate » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:44 pm

DUDE! Have you seen that commercial yet? Nothing but the word dude, but I digress. I'm talking about "the People" There are those of us out here with no way to keep up, but to spend our hard earned bucks buying out of date discs. What good are you to the people doing your wardirving with a laptop and grocery cart? Don't discount capitalism, and know opensource can exist in it. What you would really be selling is the service to provide your fine work. I hope I haven't offended you with these thoughts, just that I've been where you're at twice...sounds worse when you actually have to type it.
deate
Site Admin

Postby mac9416 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:00 pm

deate wrote:DUDE! Have you seen that commercial yet? Nothing but the word dude, but I digress. I'm talking about "the People" There are those of us out here with no way to keep up, but to spend our hard earned bucks buying out of date discs. What good are you to the people doing your wardirving with a laptop and grocery cart? Don't discount capitalism, and know opensource can exist in it. What you would really be selling is the service to provide your fine work. I hope I haven't offended you with these thoughts, just that I've been where you're at twice...sounds worse when you actually have to type it.

I agree. TheeMahn needs to make some money or there won't have an Ultimate Edition to be had because he won't have time to make it.
Just remember, the creator of Ubuntu (Mark Shuttleworth) became a millionaire by selling security software.
I love your OS TheeMahn and I wouldn't mind paying five dollars (or more) for a DVD with a cool label and a little manual to get me started. One reason I got Ultimate Edition in the first place is that I do not have an immediate internet connection. I think lots of people like myself would like to be able to borrow a friend's computer and buy the disc off of Ebay.
I think you might be doing more to harm the Ubuntu community by running out of money and not being able to provide us with your OS.

I hope I have not offended you in any way TheeMahn. You're the greatest!
============================================
Spock: I fail to comprehend your indignation, sir. I have simply made the logical deduction that you are a liar.
============================================
Live long and prosper.
mac9416
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks for all for your kind comments, I refuse to sell it. If someone else would like to make a profit off it that is up to them, all I ask is you send me a copy for free lord knows I can't afford it from my pay check ;) PC magazine in South Africa has contacted me and wants to release Ultimate Edition with their magazine, all I asked is for a copy of the magazine and disk, not as a requirement, but a request. I haven't heard back from them. I have however been looking for a new job I have found one that pays $22 an hour this seems to be the best solution, I am sure they are going to raise my support if I get it. But I bet I make more then $29 a week ;)

Thanks again for caring fellas,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!