Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Chrome w/ Aura

Discuss *nix based Software here

Chrome w/ Aura

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:32 pm

I don't use Chrome often but on some systems, especially in relating to older low end hardware, it tends to work better, even more so than say...Seamonkey. I prefer Seamonkey because it gives me an excuse to say Seamonkey. I do feel Chrome represents a few security issues and am not completely enamored with logging into my browser but this has nothing to do with actual use.

Aura is the graphical stack that Chrome OS uses and dispenses somewhat with GTK+

If you would like to test this you can download from the Dev Channel. There is not an extreme amount of difference, however since it should not take on your theming this may come in handy if you are having issues that arise, usually text, from the usually wonderfully dark theming that Ultimate Edition employs.

Tested on 12.04.2, former Ultimate Edition 3.5 64

http://www.chromium.org/getting-involve ... #TOC-Linux

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Chromium w/ Aura

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:55 am

Don't know what version of Chromium started out with on this 13.10 but boy was it a flop! Current runs, but sticking with Firefox as can depend on it all the time when it comes to this Pipelight stuff! The drudgeries of some jobs! They just can not seem to ween themselves from MS! So they shove this inept stuff on us and keep force feeding up how wonderful it is! Such is life in this business world!

I see this current version that upgraded recently does function, but still have to see how well before would think of using it again! Am not blaming it on the OS as I have all these other browsers and they work perfect! I mean, these days soon as I click on Internet when it gets to the desktop page is opened and complete! That went for every browser on here except for Chromium, but now since this latest version looks as though has caught up! Am curious if you had any issues with Chromium when you used 13.10 til recent? Any way as always all information you post is always useful. I wish I could say the same for myself!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Chromium w/ Aura

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:20 pm

On 13.10 I generally used Firefox, but whenever I pulled Chromium up I can't recall having any issues. My biggest issue with 13.04, 13.10 is that they worked too well. Generally many many many things were fixed that were problematic in 12.04 especially when it came to KDE. So on my end it is more a time constraint versus investment. So 14.04 for me is something I feel I will wait for release on to see if I have an easier time of moving forward from 13.10 and I will go from there.

Chromium Project covers all of it and here is where it gets tricky..

Chromium Browser is open source, and sometimes not so much time is invested here and it can run a little behind, so if you use this link, and download unstable and developer you are actually downloading Chrome, and this has to be installed independently either way since it is not open source.

So if you were having issues with Chromium, this doesn't mean Chrome won't work as well.(This is why you see Chrome in download link in Panel so often in Distros instead of being installed, cuz Chromium, #! does this)

Really it is Chrome w/ Aura, lol. and they could remove Aura at any time, this has happened before.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Software