Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Iriverter small MP4 player's friend!

Discuss *nix based Software here

Iriverter small MP4 player's friend!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Some months ago I talked about ff-multiconverter being a great tool. Am not going to dispute that, but recently I decided on a new tool. I read about iriverter being a good way to convert videos for use with small devices. So when I assembled my new OS, I decided to give it a try! Is not a single disappointment with it except for getting it to work! For that a simple search revealed as per install, is missing a much needed dependency! So what needs to be done is simply type "apt-get install libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni". Now once that is done, you will not be sorry in the least! Sure the converted video may take up a little more space, but is awesome as voice and action stays in tact! With ff-multiconverter for small MP4 players this can not always be said! If a video is over 5 minutes in length have found voice will drop out of sync so on say a music video, you will see the guitarist put down his guitar and music is still playing as it has not caught up, or vica versa have also found too! With iriverter is not the case, but short clips may get cut as I did have a small piece of video about 30 secs and 8 seconds was trimmed! So do have to watch for that, but most of us is rare we convert something that small. You know me, had to try it all as so I could report correctly on it! Also the unit it was tested on is a Poloroid MP3 player that plays mp3's or mp4 video. Resolution size is 320x240 and has a nice convenient setting in iriverter for PMP device which is the exact definition of it! Size wise videos are close to double, but if quality is what you want, iriverter is the tool!!! Hope this may help others with similar devices, have found this particular unit to be quite a pain on any OS it was ever used with as far as videos are concerned!!!! Iriverter finally does this unit justice and bravo to the developer for understanding that point so can finally use it to correctly play videos and quite nicely!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Software