Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Issues with Devede in 3.0 and 3.0.1

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Re: Issues with Devede in 3.0 and 3.0.1

Postby Cyber_rader » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 pm

that was with them off, i never used updates unless it was a very specific one, i never used IE infact i removed IE from windows (as much of it as you can remove) and went with FF i blocked various ports microsoft used to access there software and so much other crud and they still messed with my pc.
Not bad for crappy wifi and testing to a city a thousand miles away

I am the one and only Cyber_Rader
Cyber_rader
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm

i had this issue myself. the fix lies in a setting that needs to be set in order for devede to do its job and complete the dvd creation. its an easy fix took my a while to find it, and unfortunatly its now 3:04am and im too tired to remember where i found it or infact what it is.

from memory its a system default which isnt set once this is set devede will work without problem(it effects other similar programs too) if i can remember when i wake up i'll post the fix
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Cyber_rader » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 am

i know with devede if i tell it to make a menu but config the video file to start automaticly and loop to hide the menu (like devede does when no menu is created then it works just fine. without the menu it messes up and does the "maybe you ran out of memory" error also i noticed that LIVES likes to freaze and crash, as well as only telling me there is .64 gigs of free space on my /home which has about 170 gigs free actually same issue on my home pc versis my portable system, and my home pc has a TB of free space and Lives says there is like 2.5 gigs free in /home
Not bad for crappy wifi and testing to a city a thousand miles away

I am the one and only Cyber_Rader
Cyber_rader
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby synrgy87 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 pm

here it is, for some reason it needs a default video format after i passed this in ther terminal i had no problems,

Code: Select all
export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL

substitute PAL to NTSC if you're making a ntsc dvd.

not sure if you need to do this each time, as i cant find the original source of the information but i seem to remember you can add it to a file so that it sets automatically on boot.

edit: here we go

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/755340

issue with dvdauthor it seems.

hope this helps :twisted:
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0