Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.1 to put out 5.1 surround audio?

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Ultimate Edition 3.1 to put out 5.1 surround audio?

Postby saltymuffins » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

im pretty new to Linux and was hoping someone could help me figure out how to get my new surround sound to work on 3.1. right now the bass and two front speakers are working fine
saltymuffins
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.1 to put out 5.1 surround audio?

Postby saltymuffins » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm

when i go to system preferences sound then output on the sound panel it only gives me "internal audio analog sterero" for the devices to choose from and the drop down bar only has "analog output" and "analog headphones" as options. if i go to the hardware tab in the sound menu it gives me three settings for my device "analog stereo output" "analog stereo input" and "analog stero duplex"
saltymuffins
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 pm

do you have realtek sound in your system? if so you may need to install the realtek driver to get all the options.

i had to do this after each kernel update to get all the sound options back. after you install the driver you may need a restart then all the options for sorround sound will be available :)

edit:

linky to driver (its at the bottom below the windows drivers)
http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2

hope this helps
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby synrgy87 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:58 am

actually i'd hold off on this, just tried it myself after an update, and it didnt work hmmm

Thats what used to work for me, but doesn't seem to anymore, now i have no devices listed at all.

think the kernel update has killed my sound :( (and trying to fix it i've screwed it up worse)

so im thinking complete reinstall lol, unless anyone has any ideas?

******* Crisis Averted *********
updated to kernel 3.2.9 and this restored sound and also all options in sound preferences, but ati drivers are not yet compatible with this kernel but the audio is working.
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby DeRon1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 am

hello m8's i am really new to the whole linux scene and just getting my wits about me on win7! lol but i do hope someone here can help me with my issue of sound on my Ultimate Edition 3.0... I have installed Ultimate Edition 3.0 alongside of my win7 but i have an issue of being able to play my music or movies and hearing either! Now when i'm on the win7 os i can play my movies and music with no problems at all, but when i transfer to Ultimate Edition 3.0 i get no sound at all! please tell me that this can be fixed without a reinstall and i'm just overlooking something very simple! by the way i have to say that this Ultimate Edition 3.0 is perhaps the best thing that ever happened to me in my short computer career! i'm running a hp dv7 4060us lappy, and as i said before i'm a total noob so please be gentle and break it down to me easy like! I also would like to say to theemann that my prayers and condolences go out to you m8. keep ur head up and stay blessed and gr8 work in the mitts of the trial and tribulations! i will continue to keep you in my prayers m8ty :ugeek: :ugeek: to all others on this site gr8 job and well done :vil2_reflechir :vil2_torero
[Led]
The ZZZZZzzzzman Here For The Long Haul
[/Led]
DeRon1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Billie Cowie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:07 am

Hello everybody,
regarding Surround-sound options.
I am running two Linux OS's,-Dream Multimedia2 and Ultimate Edition 3.0.1. To those who are new to the systems please be aware that other sound options don't necessarily become available till the correct hardware connections are made. That is,for example- if no external speakers are connected there won't necessarily be an option to activate external speakers. Internal audio is there by default, but other options remain hidden until/unless the user requires them.
To the experienced Linux-user this may be obvious but not necessarily to recent Windows/Macintosh migrants. For example, when I first started using Linux I expected that when I plugged in a pair of headphones the sound-settings would automatically reset themselves as happens with Windows7 & MacOS - it didn't and so I had to reset manually.
Again, for example, I recently purchased a set of wireless headphones with an infra-red USB -stick connection. There is no option for this in existing settings but an option was added after connection. I still, however had to first find and then select the new option to use it. Adding some new hardware devices like printers ,etc, only provides the option for use. Manual selection is still often required.
Again, I apologise to anyone to whom this is obvious, but although it's a basic thing, it isn't always obvious to people who have migrated from the afore-mentioned Os's.
My final point on this is that I now have the option of choosing surround-sound 5.1( though I don't use a surround-sound system ), but I didn't have it before I added my speakers. Linux, I believe, presumed I just didn't need it before.I doubt if this situation is unique to my set-up, but I would emphasise in closing, that I have both systems on a Laptop and a separate desktop and the settings options for both offered different options in both computers after the initial install.Hope this helps the newbies.. :D

P.S. DeRon1
Find the sound option under either System-settings,in menu , or under sound-settings near the volume-loudspeaker Icon in the panel, or via preferences or administration.Where it is depends on your existing settings. Once found, click on " Sound" to open sound-dialogue box , then select OUTPUT, and choose either Analogue Output or analogue-headphones/speakers ,depending on whether you want the sound via the laptop-speakers or otherwise. Be aware,though, as stated above, there won't necessarily be an option for headphones/external speakers until/unless they are manually added.
If this doesn't work, get back on the forum. Someone will solve the problem for you.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby DeRon1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 am

To the forum and Blackwolf!
I would first like to apologize to you all for the post being posted more than once! it truly was not my intentions to create Spam m8'z I was not aware until it was to late m8'z! i did not realize that someone had to view the post b4 they actually posted! So when i looked for my post and did not see it i just clicked again and because i was not paying close attention i did not read the note that tells you just that! M8's i sincerly and whole heartedly apologize to everyone on the forum for me mistake! I am nor ever will be a Spammer and don't have anything to gain by such activity!

I do still have the problem of not being able to play my dvd videos with any spound or picture and would lioke to correct this issue however and can :vil2_joker3 someone please give me a solution to this problem! is it that my ATI Mobility RadeonHd 5650 switchable graphics card is not compatible or is it a correctable problem! I am currently using the Hp pavilion dv7 4060 US lappy with amd triple core processors! i can not get picture nor sound or use me hdmi cord to play to me TV; however when I use win7 all issuse don't exsist! ( i can play video and cd's without any problem) but when i but to the Ultimate Edition 3.0 OS i can not use either! this is a total bummer because i am transitioning to all linux ubuntu but i need my video and audio M8'z!! Please Help me complete me transition away from Billy and the Bandits :vil2_joker3 :vil2_joker3 :vil2_plafond :violeent :violeent :violeent :weeee
[Led]
The ZZZZZzzzzman Here For The Long Haul
[/Led]
DeRon1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0