Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Can't add repositories - [SOLVED]

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Can't add repositories - [SOLVED]

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:19 am

This really sucks. I am trying to add a couple of repositories, but it seems that Ultimate Edition 3.0 is so locked down that it won't let me add any. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Ultimate Edition several times with the same results. I have tried editing the lines that terminal say are wrong to no avail. So if someone could shine some lite on this that would be great. Here is what happens when I run everything in terminal:

Code: Select all
lunerceli@lunerceli-HP ~ $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/burg
[sudo] password for lunerceli:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/add-apt-repository", line 60, in <module>
    sp = SoftwareProperties()   
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 90, in __init__
    self.reload_sourceslist()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line 538, in reload_sourceslist
    self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)   
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 91, in get_sources
    raise NoDistroTemplateException("Error: could not find a "
aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template
lunerceli@lunerceli-HP ~ $

This happens every time I try to add a new repository. I tried adding them through Ubuntu Tweak and Synaptic with no luck. Synaptic won't even pull up the current repositories when I click on repositories through Tools. Thank you.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Can't add repositories

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:28 am

Hello lunerceli.

can you please add screen shots for:

1-
etc/apt/save source.list.

2 -
etc/apt/source.list.d.

thank you.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:34 am

Here are the screen shots you requested:

Screenshot.png
save source.list

Screenshot-1.png
sources.list.d folder

Screenshot-2.png
sources.list

This is starting to get a little frustrating .. LOL .. thank you for your help Amir
Last edited by lunerceli on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:05 am

Blackwolf wrote:
lunerceli wrote:How do I add the screen shots on here like you guys do?? I use photobucket, but you can't get the pic large enough to actually see it ....Thanks Amir

Just press print screen on your keyboard....and save it to your desktop.....then when your posting.....upload attachment.....and place image "inline" :th_th225

Yeah, I didn't see the Attachment tab at the bottom ... LOL. I have had a rough day here at work. Thank you for your help though Blackwolf
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 am

lunerceli ,

Thank you for the post back lunerceli . <BREW>
The last thing that I need here from you is from synaptic the Repository list ( just enlarge the window please so we can see there all the source ).
This will give us the large picture on the issue.

Thank you.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:00 am

Admin-Amir wrote:lunerceli ,

Thank you for the post back lunerceli . <BREW>
The last thing that I need here from you is from synaptic the Repository list ( just enlarge the window please so we can see there all the source ).
This will give us the large picture on the issue.

Thank you.

Well, there might be a problem there. I can't get the repositories list to come up at all. I go to Tools>Repositories and when I click on it, the globe comes up like it is trying to load it, but then it just stays on Synaptic with no new window that pops up....any suggestions on that one??
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:13 am

Hello lunerceli.

well try ( copy and past in the terminal Command After Command

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-get install -f

Then see if that fix synaptic issue,
and if it did fix it - in synaptic try the option of fix broken packages.
Hope that will fix synaptic issue , then we can see your list there and Delete the unwanted sources. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Well, none of that worked Amir. The funny thing is how it even does this after a fresh install. What do you think might be happening??
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 pm

lunerceli.

I can think on few things.

1- the system from the start was not Updated/Upgraded right.
2 - the source list was change and synaptic lost the sync with the Servers update.
3 - I will try to install the synaptic package again to fix the software. :idea:
Let me have A few and get the package for you.

OR - "root user"

sudo apt-get install synaptic
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Okay, I will give that a go in the morning. I have had a long day and am ready to pass out. What is the easiest way to uninstall Synaptic??

sudo apt-get --remove -purge synaptic
???
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0