Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

A couple of oddities

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

A couple of oddities

Postby lunerceli » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey guys, me again. LOL. Well, I finally solved my issue with the ATI graphics driver. When I start my computer, I have to have an external monitor plugged in order for the screen to act right (oddity #1). Now, I have a new issue which I have tried and tried to resolve. I tried using Emerald to change themes, well, nothing happened. Now I have this weird graphical mess on my screen and on all the borders of all the windows and right below/above the panels (oddity #2). Does anyone know why these things are happening?? I would post a screen shot of the second oddity, but I don't know what host this forum uses so that you can resize the image when you click on it. Thanks again.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: A couple of oddities

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:01 am

Hello lunerceli

please look here on the Emerald issue.
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=7111

about the ATI issue = try this and see if that solve the issue for you.

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libva1 libva-x11-1 libva-tpi1 libva-glx1 libva-dev xvba-va-driver fglrx-atieventsd fglrx-control fglrx-driver fglrx-glx fglrx-glx-ia32 fglrx-modules-dkms
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:20 am

Thank Amir for your responses. I guess I am staying away from Emerald since it has pretty much lost support all around... LOL. As far as the ATI driver and all, I have found a fix for that one. When I load up and the screen goes all capunkal on me, then what I do is ctrl+alt+backspace to restart Xserver and then it lets me log into the system. I think I may contribute and make a how to on how to do all of this for hybrid GPU's, what do you think?? Cause this has definitely been an experience working with this new computer and almost new technology. Thank you for all of your help through out this process of debugging. You are indeed a great man ...
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:47 am

Hello lunerceli Happy New Year to you and thank you for the kind words. <BREW> <BREW> ;)

First I will say , if you can make Guide that will be Appreciated. ;)
I just have to add some info for you and the ppl with the ATI Video Cards,
There is one more way to get the ATI to work for you.

The ATI Proprietary Linux driver provides hardware acceleration for 3D graphics and video playback. It also includes support for dual displays and TV Output.

The ATI Proprietary Linux driver currently supports Radeon 8500 and later AGP or PCI Express graphics products, as well as FireGL 8700 and later products. We do not currently plan to include support for any products earlier than this. Drivers for earlier products should already be available from the DRI Project or Utah-GLX project.

Version 2.4 of the Linux kernel is required for this driver. This kernel version is installed as standard in many current Linux distributions. Support for the newer version 2.6 kernel is also included.

The Alternative for the Driver on the site of ATI Catalyst.
Here you can find the Driver for the install.

http://www.icewalkers.com/download/ATI- ... /3096/dls/

Home Page : http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linu ... adeon.html
Download [ 11.12 ] : http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-d ... x86_64.run
Previous Versions : Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.9
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.6
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.5
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.4
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.3
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.2
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.11
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.10
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 9.1
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 8.9
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 8.8
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 8.12
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 8.11
Download ATI Radeon Linux Display Driver 8.10
Alternate Download : http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linu ... adeon.html

Just remember first to Delete the ATI Drivers first from synaptic,
Then " run the new Driver in root user in the terminal ".
when you done , Reboot the system and please post back on the issue.

Thank you and all the best for the new year. <BREW>
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0