Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Raid Setup & kernel updates

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Raid Setup & kernel updates

Postby WitchyWays » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 am

Hey Admin, hello hope you had a good Christmas/holiday. OK this relates, now I had OZ Unity installed on 30 g partiton, sorry guys was having problems with one of kernel updates, I made a post 3.0 came out and I tool out OZ. Now I had problems with win backup; I didn't set limits or to rewrite, so it was dumping backup after backup to the the tune of 188 g :o . Alright I said screw that gone. Now I thought it would revert back to win I got third party backup software ready to go.I had a simple raid setup so I thought, any way 3.0 not only took the 30g unallocated but the rest of it, like almost one of my 320's :shock: I did have some problems with the install partition program and know I can fix it with G-edit Partition manager, All seems fine and for now don't need the extra until if ever I hook up the cablebox for recording shows, movies.All this for a question is this normal to move in like that. Also with 3.1 and 3.2 in works, which one if either will be LTS or will that not come into play because of the breakoff with Unity kernel core? sincerely WitchyWays
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition "Update" from v/ 3.0 to 3.1-[SOLVED]

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:31 am

Hello WitchyWays.

First all about OZ systems you need to Adress to the OZ Forum site.
About U.E 3.1/3.2 you need to wait for Thee to post his words OF the release.
about what system will be LTS the same things wait for Thee TO POST on the forum.
Admin-Amir

Re: Raid Setup & kernel updates

Postby WitchyWays » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:39 am

Guys I just wanted to know , that's all. About OZ it's gone! I don't see how you took that as a question about it? (OZ). The question was about upcoming 3.1 and 3.2 if either LTS. Thank you for answer. The other question was about U.E.3.0 on install grabbing 250g of my hdd. I did have problems with partitioning software on install, maybe it was Mint interface, I don't know, it didn't seem to be G-parted which I'm used to; and can change/edit with it if I need to. Thanks WitchyWays
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 am

Hello WitchyWays .

Let's try to help you out here.

First Download Parted Magic (not G parted ) =that is one of the issues with the kernel !!!
During my process of the Build of " Israel Remix Team" for MINT 12,
I was on that part that mess the kernel work (if you not working wit PAE kernel)!!!

now back to your issue.
Parted Magic:
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads

please download the ISO from the site =>Burn x4 the ISO on Disk=>Reboot with the Disc in he tray.
change the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD => After you on the Parted Magic Desktop work with the partition manager
and fix it from there.

BTW - just for the knowledge - The PAE kernel.
will load to ram from the boot.
The PAE kernel here made to get the Video Cards Drivers to work for the Nvidia+ATI.
and that was part of the solution workaround with the Video Drivers to work with the system.
;)

thank you. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby WitchyWays » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 am

Admin, thanks for the heads up, sooner or later I know I'll be resizing her. You just saved me some time and possible frustration. Although somehow I usually manage to get things done, even when muddling through it. :lol: I do prefer the direct approach; like I always say "work smarter not harder" :P Witchyways out. <BREW>
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:36 am

Hello WitchyWays.

Here is good news <BREW> :D
Happy New Year to you & yours ,
& all the best god bless you. <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0