Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installing 3.0 along side Windows problems

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Re: Installing 3.0 along side Windows problems

Postby Billie Cowie » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:50 am

One thing you could try.First make sure you have made some recovery discs as HP doesn't usually spend money on supplying them.
Then try using the Windows Disc-Utility to reformat/resize/existing partitions, and take it from there.
If you have made recovery discs the recovery partition can then be deleted giving you some free space, the only reason it's there is because as stated above HP want you to spend your own money to make recovery discs. :D
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 am

Well, things I have tried so far:

Removed recovery partitions
Re-partitioned main HDD
Tried removing flags
Tried installing from different media (3 differnet HDD's, 1 flash drive, and 6 discs later)

Now whenever I click install, it gets past the language selection, and then when I click proceed on the next screen, it stops there. It is almost like it is corrupt or something. But it is doing that from disc, HDD and flash drive. Earlier I could get to where it asked me where I wanted to install Ultimate Edition to, and now when I try using that same disc, it only gets to the second step where it tells you that you are plugged and all. I have never had this problem before. I know I read on HP's forums that their laptops do not support any other operating system other than Windows.

I looked at the wiki that you posted Admin-Amir, but how do you get to where you can change the kernel for EUFI?? It didn't explain how to do that. Thanks for the replies.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:52 am

lunerceli.

I must say Before I will Answer the Q = I like your way , and I like ppl like you that fight to get things done. <BREW>

1 - First part I can think about will be to reset your BIOS -( I know that this is issue with Lappy's),
I have post Before the process of the Battery how to - for 7 sec.
2 - About the kernel issue - It looks like that you have made some progres there so now there is conflict with the MS
kernel that writen on the first sector (MBR).
If you have the NEW Parted Magic:
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads
It must do the work with the HDD.
I just hope that you have burn your ISO with free software - NOT MS - Like the software from here:
http://www.imgburn.com/
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... vd-burner/
http://www.dkszone.net/6-best-free-dvd- ... g-software

If you got the burn OK - then change in your BIOS the boot to start from CD/DVD,
and boot from Parted Magic to Parted Magic Desktop.
After the Disc pup up out,add the U.E into the Drive "DO NOT CLOSE THE TREY YET"!!!
GO to partition manager and Delete all the partitions there and apply changes on the top.
After the process is done - restart your machine with the U.E in the trey and let it boot.
Please post back if that works for you.
Last thing please post screen shot from Parted Magic of the stasus of the HDD on your machine.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 am

Admin-Amir wrote:lunerceli.

I must say Before I will Answer the Q = I like your way , and I like ppl like you that fight to get things done. <BREW>

1 - First part I can think about will be to reset your BIOS -( I know that this is issue with Lappy's),
I have post Before the process of the Battery how to - for 7 sec.
2 - About the kernel issue - It looks like that you have made some progres there so now there is conflict with the MS
kernel that writen on the first sector (MBR).
If you have the NEW Parted Magic:
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php?id=downloads
It must do the work with the HDD.
I just hope that you have burn your ISO with free software - NOT MS - Like the software from here:
http://www.imgburn.com/
http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... vd-burner/
http://www.dkszone.net/6-best-free-dvd- ... g-software

If you got the burn OK - then change in your BIOS the boot to start from CD/DVD,
and boot from Parted Magic to Parted Magic Desktop.
After the Disc pup up out,add the U.E into the Drive "DO NOT CLOSE THE TREY YET"!!!
GO to partition manager and Delete all the partitions there and apply changes on the top.
After the process is done - restart your machine with the U.E in the trey and let it boot.
Please post back if that works for you.

Well thank you. I am what ppl would call a computer geek, so when I find something I can't do, I just keep fighting until I get the job done. My opinion that is the only way to do things.
<BREW>

Ok, I use IMGBurn to burn all of my iso files. I just tried installing Ultimate Edition in VirtualBox and it went fine without a hitch. I can get the Ultimate Edition disc to boot just fine, it is just when I am trying to install it doesn't get past the 2nd step. But I am still going for it though. As for the Bios, I just updated my bios and reset them as well about 30 mins ago. If it keeps persisting, I am just gonna go back to an old bios that doesn't support EFI boot. Which in my opinion, EFI boot is ridiculous any way. Just another way for Microsoft to keep the grips on money. LOL ... but that is just me though.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 am

Like I say like your kind. <BREW> <BREW> ;)

go back with the update process and try one more time After you have made the Parted Magic process,
And post back please.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:18 am

Here's a good question for you. I just burned a fresh copy of Ultimate Edition 3.0 and on the first two tries it came up with /sbin/modprobe -bv pci: (a bunch of numbers and letters here) unexpected exit with status 0x0009. Any ideas?? I know on the Windows side of things, ppl with my computer (including myself) have issues with the pci express card.

As far as using parted magic ... i will be able to get back with you about that one some time tomorrow, specially seeing how we are pretty much on the same time. It is going to take about 4 hours to download it.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:24 am

lunerceli.

this error is about the Video Card correct,
Please try the install process in safe mode (in the boot of the U.E if I recall right f4/f5)and go with vesa.
So the Default Driver will work for the installation process.

And post back please.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 am

Admin-Amir wrote:lunerceli.

this error is about the Video Card correct,
Please try the install process in safe mode (in the boot of the U.E if I recall right f4/f5)and go with vesa.
So the Default Driver will work for the installation process.

And post back please.

I went into safe graphical mode (which is just text based) and I couldn't find the install script to try to install Ultimate Edition.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 am

lunerceli.

when I say safe Mode I did not ask for the text Mode.
when you see the boot screen of U.E, hit f4 OR f5 there you will get the option of vesa OR mesa.
what say it will load the system with the Default Video Card.
So you can run the installation process.

please post back.

Thank you.
Admin-Amir

Postby lunerceli » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 am

OK, so when I boot the Live CD, I hit F4 and F5 and everything else and nothing happens. Right below where it says boot from live cd, it says xforcevesa. is that what you are talking about starting in?? Cause if that is the case, then all that does is ultimately take me to a text based mode and I can't even startx to bring up anything. I am trying to find the install file on the disk, but can't find it. I went to install and now the install is frozen and when I clicked on quit, it froze even more. I can't even force quit out of it. Do you think there might be something wrong with the installer??
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0