Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Much praise for 3.0 and one small question.-[SOLVED]

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Much praise for 3.0 and one small question.-[SOLVED]

Postby wca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 pm

First let me say that I am so glad to see this version--and it is better than I could have hoped--thanks to all who made it happen. Sure, I would have been glad to see it months ago but I understand the circumstances and am now just so glad to see it.

Everything is working at Ultimate Edition (or better) levels, but I have one issue that isn't a Ultimate Edition bug. I like to use a program called Eveinstaller that has worked with all the Distros I played with while waiting for Ultimate Edition but for some reason doesn't run on 3.0. It seems to install but isn't on any menu and won't run from the terminal.

This is not a big issue and yet I would like to use it--anyone have a suggestion?
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Much praise for 3.0 and one small question.

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello wca.

Eveinstaller is great tool similar to Ubuntu Tweak, it lets you install the basic applications in Ubuntu 11.04 and LinuxMint with a simple click, also using this tools, you can add Medibuntu, getdeb , Playdeb repositories , or install elementary theme, Mint theme..., for Desktop, install also with a simple click Gnome3, Unity 2D, Unity 3D and more.

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/ ... -linuxmint

eve-installer_0.9.3.51-i386-EN.deb
Eveinstaller -I386
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 185 times

hope that will help.
Admin-Amir

Postby wca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Thanks for reply but sadly that is the file that won't install. I run GDebi and it says install completed but the install file button remains and no reinstall button appears. The program never appears in a menu nor will it run in a terminal. I guess it just isn't happy here.
But much thanks for the help.

The more time I spend in 3.0 the better I like it.
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby billhedrick » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

What I have done in situations like that is to open Synaptic, search for the installed files and go to the folder that has "XXX.desktop" and try to launch it from there.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby wca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Once again, thanks for the info.

For Blackwolf's help, thanks but I don't mean Eve the game but Eveinstaller the utility for Linux.

For billhedrick's help, once again much thanks but I have checked in Synaptic and found no listing for the program. When I check the details tab in GDebi it lists subdirectories that aren't created by the install. It looks like GDebi launches the program's install routine and it is that which fails. Thanks to all and I'm still working on it.
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 pm

wca.

Have you try the other package for Mint?

eve-installer_0.9.3.51-i386-MINT.deb
Eveinstaller Mint
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
Admin-Amir

Postby wca » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Ok, wow I fixed it. The tip from billhedrick made me think what if I could find that info by opening the Deb file with an ark program. I did that, hand copied all the files into the folders where they wanted to live and ran install again--it worked. So thanks all for your thoughts and ideas, problem solved. Boy, do I like it here in the Ultimate Edition world of Linux.
wca
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0