Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0 Dual Boot?

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Ultimate Edition 3.0 Dual Boot?

Postby JF382 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:56 pm

How do I go upon dual booting this along with Windows 7? I got it on my laptop but that is only because I originally had Ubuntu 11.10 on there, so it just re wrote over that. When I tried to install it on my brothers laptop the only options that come up are "Delete Windows 7, install Ultimate Edition 3.0", and "something else". << (That is literally what it says). I cannot format his hard drive because he will go nuts, lol. He has been a long time Windows user, I plan on teaching him how to use Linux and everything about it. I absolutely have to keep Windows on there just incase he does not like this. Thanks.
Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB Cache) 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB SATA hard drive - 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
14.0" LED backlit display - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 4 x USB 2.0 ports 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone output 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x DC-in

Desktop: COMPAQ SR5550F, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+(2.8GHz), 64 bit Dual Core Processor, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache, 3GB DDR2 800, 500GB SATA 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory, Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430
JF382
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Dual Boot?

Postby billhedrick » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm

What you need to do is to resize your partitions. You need about 30 GB (or more) for Ultimate Edition 3.0. you can do that in the live disk. then choose "something else" and choose the new partition, set the properties to use it and install Ultimate Edition in it. When you reboot you will get a grub window that gives you boot options
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Dual Boot?

Postby lunerceli » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:33 pm

If none of those answers work for you, then you may need to go into Computer management under windows ( Control Panel -> System Security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management) and check to see if the main partitioned HDD is set as Dynamic or Basic. If it is set to Dynamic, then get a program called Easus Partition Manager and convert it to Basic. I was facing the same problem because I had just got a new HP laptop and that is the way it was set. Then after you do that, start the computer with the disc in and it will give you the option to install along side Windows.
lunerceli
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0