Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Advent A10 AIO printer

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

Advent A10 AIO printer

Postby witblits1970 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:38 pm

i have just got myself this printer and it looks ok for the job i want, however i cant seem to print. i will attach a screenshot so you can see what im getting in my efforts in trying to print a test page. i will be looking at openprinting.org to see if there are drivers available as the only drivers that is found is generic ones but then the issues of CUPS!

Attachments
advent.png
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Advent A10 AIO printer

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Advent A10 AIO printer

Postby dathem » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:51 pm

witblits1970 wrote:i have just got myself this printer and it looks ok for the job i want, however i cant seem to print. i will attach a screenshot so you can see what im getting in my efforts in trying to print a test page. i will be looking at openprinting.org to see if there are drivers available as the only drivers that is found is generic ones but then the issues of CUPS!

Hello, I found this;

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Advent-A1 ... r_comments

some of the comments below;
4:31 PM on 20 September, 2011

advent a 10 printer good little machine until you run out of ink alleged
yeild is 250 pages i think the person who figuered this out was living on another planet why have they ripped of the people who put their faith in buying this printer being fleeced by p c world come on give the people a fair crack of the whip. michael b.grana
Report abuse
Score:
royc

9:15 AM on 22 September, 2011

uses ink like i like its going out of fashion.expensive refills as well
Report abuse
Score:
Mike H

5:07 PM on 26 September, 2011

I complained to PC World that the first set of very expensive new cartridges I bought for my AW10 printer had only lasted for approx.30 copies and was asked by the "customer services representative "what I wanted him to do about it.
For the life of me I could not think of a polite answer so told him that what I was going to do about it was bin it,buy an HP printer and tell as many people as possible about my experience,hence this post.

If you can take it back and get an HP you will have good luck getting it to work with Linux. Just install the Hplip and the HPLIP gui.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9