Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Increase resolution in Virtualbox

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Increase resolution in Virtualbox

Postby Dutch70 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi all, I am new to the boards & just recently discovered this incredible OS.

I have installed Ultimate Edition 2.6 & 2.8 into Virtualbox 4.0 with Ubuntu 10.10 as the host. I've given them both 1 GiB of RAM & 64 MiB of video memory & I have installed the latest version of guest additions.

I am trying to get Ultimate Edition from the small & unusable 800x600 resolution to 1440x900 resolution, which is not offered in the settings. Also, seamless mode is grayed out. That's how I got most of my OSes to my chosen resolution. If anyone knows how to do this or can lead me in the right direction. It would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone else accomplished this? If so, how?
Thanks in advance
Dave
Dutch70
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: Increase resolution in Virtualbox

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

1. boot to windows in vbox to safe mode (press f8 as you boot)

2. click on devices at the top and select install guest editions - now install and be sure to check 3D, once done

3. restart - start normal

4. now just click the maximize box and wala custom rez to fit your screen and D3D support as well as open GL support.

That and now mouse works right lol.

Remember to added user privileges to vboxusers so you can use all USB devices in Vbox.

Note: 2D and 3D must be selected in settings for your virtual windows settings.

Screenshot.png

Untitled.png

Screenshot-1.png
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Dutch70 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:19 am

Windows??? :o ...I'm not using windows, Ubuntu is my host OS. :mrgreen:

I did however get the issue resolved by deleting my xorg.conf file in Ultimate Edition 2.6,
funny, I didn't have to do that with Ultimate Edition 2.8.
Dutch70
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:49 am

Sorry, was quite busy at the time and miss read your vbox question.

Did ya also install guest editions in root? Only way to get all drivers to install is in root account.

Helps at getting all eye candy to enable and work right in vbox and Linux ubuntu based builds.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8