Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

make failed. please help

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: make failed. please help

Postby ADPdirty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:51 pm

it installs my video card driver which then shows "UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE" on my screen. This fixes the problem with the monitor being miss recognized but give me the LOGO in the scree.
This option does not install my sound card driver.

Like i said this tipic is about make errors, not the video card.
Firefox+Adblock+MyWot makes Windows 7 obsolete "OS"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 pm

ADPdirty wrote:it installs my video card driver which then shows "UNSUPPORTED HARDWARE" on my screen. This fixes the problem with the monitor being miss recognized but give me the LOGO in the scree.
This option does not install my sound card driver.

Like i said this tipic is about make errors, not the video card.

Actually, you brought it up with your resolution issues just now, yes? How about keeping your own threads on-topic?
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby jslick1jim » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 pm

The driver from them didn't work for me either. had too use oss driver from sound font and install it. i'll write up what i did too get my creative sound cards working and post tomorrow. there is a how to posted here how to use oss driver but that driver won't work. :) :(
ImageMotherboard Msi Eclipse Sli
Cpu intel i7 920
Mem 6gig ddr3
x-fi extreme audio
ps2 keyboard
usb razer mouse
2 sata2 320 wd hd
2 ide 320 wd hd
2 segate 1tb hd
4 wd black 1tb hd
Visontek 5870
Hp Officejet Pro 8500 wireless
Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case
32in Olevia LCD HD TV
Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 bit
jslick1jim
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby ADPdirty » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:43 am

[/quote]
Actually, you brought it up with your resolution issues just now, yes? How about keeping your own threads on-topic?[/quote]
Here is how video card got involved:
I said:
Reason why i want to install driver fond at creative.com is because with the default video driver Ubuntu thinks my screen is 50". When i install ATI driver (by enabling restricted driver) it is corrected and now ubuntu knows that my monitor is actually 47"

Given example showed that by installing driver from MFG website problems go away (other may come instead). I did not have an issue with my card, i had it before and this was just an example and the reason for why MFG driver would be something i want to try. BUT i cant because make is failed (just like the topic says :? )

jslick1jim wrote:The driver from them didn't work for me either. had too use oss driver from sound font and install it. i'll write up what i did too get my creative sound cards working and post tomorrow. there is a how to posted here how to use oss driver but that driver won't work. :) :(

My sound does work, its just not every input is detected.
I know windows detecting my sound card as ASIO for high speed sound proceeding, but how does linux detect it, just a regular sound card ? Thats what i want to find out and get it solved by installing driver from creative.com which comes with instructions on how to do it and the very first step "make" is failed with error of missing files.
I did some research and looks like UE2.8 missing some libraries (That i have no clue about) and from that point on i am stuck with "unable to make due to error posted at the beginning of this topic"

to make this even more simple (as some people here like simplicity) let me ask the question of the day:
Why do i get this error
make[2]: *** [/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
make: *** [all] Error 2
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Dude, just use Ubuntu regular. You can use Compiz with it to get that shiny Cube, which, as you`ve stated, is all you want Ultimate Edition, (or Linux), for anyway. Btw, close this thread if it`s done.
Last edited by onosendai58 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby ADPdirty » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:03 am

onosendai58 wrote:Dude, just use Ubuntu regular. You can use Compiz with it to get that shiny Cube, which, as you`ve stated, is all you want Ultimate Edition, (or Linux), for anyway.

Then what, the problem with "make" is gonna go away ?
Im not sure anyone here understand what the topic is. The topic is:
make failed. please help :o , not video card, not what version of ubuntu :o, but the "make" errors .
Am giving up on this :cry:

Might as well tell me to buy a bicycle, maybe that would solve my problem. Or even better one: smoke some weed and relax, dont complicate the matter. :lol:
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onosendai58 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:05 am

ADPdirty wrote:
onosendai58 wrote:Dude, just use Ubuntu regular. You can use Compiz with it to get that shiny Cube, which, as you`ve stated, is all you want Ultimate Edition, (or Linux), for anyway.

Then what, the problem with "make" is gonna go away ?
Im not sure anyone here understand what the topic is. The topic is:
make failed. please help :o , not video card, not what version of ubuntu :o, but the "make" errors .
Am giving up on this :cry:

Umkay, BYE!
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8