Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

[SOLVED]Should I install 64 bit Ultimate Edition?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Should I install 64 bit Ultimate Edition?

Postby mirchichamu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:19 pm

dathem wrote:Hello,

Here is a Forum post about Broadcom;

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3310

Hope it helps you! If not please let us know.

dathem

Thanks dathem for the help. Now my wireless is working. Actually it needed the restricted driver.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby mirchichamu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:27 pm

TexasMike wrote:mirchichamu,
Here is Step 2 - Creating Partitions and Installing Ultimate Edition.

I have a couple of pieces of information for you in preparation for this install:
1: If you have not done so, please check the ISO file you downloaded for the correct MD5SUM.
2: Burn the ISO file to disk using a burn speed of 4X or less if possible. If your DVD Burner will not allow speeds that low, use the slowest speed it will burn at. Usually if you specify a speed lower than the burner supports, it will automatically adjust to it's slowest speed. It is important to get a good download and a good "burn to disk" so your install will be less likely to fail due to a file or disk error (If these steps have already been done, then proceed to the next paragraph).

Ok, now put the disk in your PCs DVD drive, and reboot the system to the DVD to begin the installation of Ultimate Edition. Once the system has finished booting, proceed with the following instructions.

1: Double-click on the Install UBUNTU 10.04 LTS icon to begin the install process.

2: Select the appropriate Language and click on the Forward button.

3: Select the appropriate Time Zone and click Forward button.

4: Select the appropriate Keyboard Layout and click Forward button.

5: On the Prepare Disk Space screen select Specify Partitions Manually and click Forward button.
The attachment Screenshot-4.png is no longer available

7: On the Edit Partitions screen select the ext3 partition sda4 which is 98.44GB, then click Delete to delete the Ultimate Edition Partition. - this will make a total of approximately 248GB of free space for the installation of Ultimate Edition.

8: On the Prepare Partitions screen select the Free Space and click on Add, then on the next screen, Create Partition, set the New Partition Size in meagabytes (1000000): to 20GB (or 20000MB), and set the Mount Point to / (that's a forward "slash") as in (ScreenShot-10)

Now click OK - you will see the newly created partition in the Prepare Partitions screen similar to the one on (ScreenShot-11). Be sure to match all the selections you see in the screenshots. Note that you should see a check mark in the box for the new partition under the Format column (SC-11). Be sure to match any settings you see in the Create a new partition screen - EXCEPT - use the partition sizes I specify in this text (the drive I am using in this tutorial is only 100GB, so the partitions you will need to create will be of different sizes than the ones I created on this drive for the purpose of making these screenshots for you).

9: On the Prepare Partitions screen select the Free Space and click on Add and set the partition size to 30GB (30000MB) and the Mount point to /home, then click OK.

10: Repeat the step 9 using a size of 50GB (50000MB), and a Mount point as /media/ - you will have to actually type this into the field for the Mount point as it is not in the "pull-down" menu for that field).

11: Repeat the previous step one more time and create the Swap partition with a size of 12GB (12000MB), as seen in the next screenshot.

12: You should now have a new Partition Table that looks very much like mine, except for some of the partition sizes (and of course yours will have the original Windows partitions you had at the beginning and the 4 new ones for Ultimate Edition), as seen in the next screenshot. If all looks good, then click on Forward to actually finalize the creation of the partitions.

13: You will now see the Who are you? screen, fill out your name, login name should be created automatically - accept or change it as you wish, and then click Forward to proceed.

14: Next you will see the Migrate documents and settings screen - just click Forward to continue.

15: Now you will see the Ready to install screen. Look at the screenshot below and notice the highlighted area near the bottom of the information box. Yours should be very similar, with the possible exception of the actual partition numbers.

If all appears correct, then click on the Install button and you will then see the Installing system information box. Take a break and get something to drink, or stretch your legs. This will take a several minutes to complete. See the next screenshot for what you should be seeing.

16: Now Ultimate Edition is installing! Just wait for it to complete and Reboot when prompted. Be sure to notice that the DVD drive will automatically Eject when the system is restarting - you will need to remove the DVD from the drive, close the drive drawer, and hit the Enter key to complete the Reboot.

Hello,
Thanks once again. I am having a question.
I noticed that there is still 146 GB unallocated space. How to make use of that?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Partition table.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 am

mirchichamu wrote:Hello,
I noticed that there is still 146 GB unallocated space. How to make use of that?

You should be able to create a new partition there it should automatically be included in the extended partition that is next to it. I would use it as a data partition to be shared between the OSes. You can share your Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Videos, and Music folders between all of them by putting them all on a shared partition. Use NTFS so windows can use it too.
There is a nice guide that Blackwolf did on it but I don't see it here and it looks like Oz is down right now so I can't link to it right now. Perhaps someone else knows where it can be found here.

Anyway I would make a new partition and use it for storage and stuff.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dathem » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:34 am

mirchichamu wrote:
dathem wrote:Hello,

Here is a Forum post about Broadcom;

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3310

Hope it helps you! If not please let us know.

dathem

Thanks dathem for the help. Now my wireless is working. Actually it needed the restricted driver.

Hello, Fantastic, glad it is now working! <BREW> :)
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby TexasMike » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:55 am

Hello,

mirchichamu,
I agree with 2hot6ft2 - you should make that free space into an NTFS partition so you can use it for both Windows and Ultimate Edition. It would be great place to store Downloads, Pics, Docs, or whatever else you may decide to store.
To get that done, just do the following:
1: Open System>Administration>GPatred, select the "Unallocated space" and then ckick the RIGHT Mouse button, this will open a small menu with New at the top, Left-click on New which will open the "Create new partition" dialogue box. Make sure the partition is "Logical", the filesystem is NTFS, you can give the new partition a "Label" which might make it easier to find later, then click on the Add button and the partition will be created and formatted. See the two screenshots below for an example of the screens involved in this process.

Screenshot-1.png
Creating a new NTFS partition via GParted...

Screenshot-2.png
Specifying the filesystem for the new partition...

This would get you a 146GB "partitioon" to store files for both Windows and Ultimate Edition, that is accessible to both operating systems. ;)
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Postby mirchichamu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:52 am

TexasMike wrote:
Hello,

mirchichamu,
I agree with 2hot6ft2 - you should make that free space into an NTFS partition so you can use it for both Windows and Ultimate Edition. It would be great place to store Downloads, Pics, Docs, or whatever else you may decide to store.
To get that done, just do the following:
1: Open System>Administration>GPatred, select the "Unallocated space" and then ckick the RIGHT Mouse button, this will open a small menu with New at the top, Left-click on New which will open the "Create new partition" dialogue box. Make sure the partition is "Logical", the filesystem is NTFS, you can give the new partition a "Label" which might make it easier to find later, then click on the Add button and the partition will be created and formatted. See the two screenshots below for an example of the screens involved in this process.

Screenshot-1.png

Screenshot-2.png

This would get you a 146GB "partitioon" to store files for both Windows and Ultimate Edition, that is accessible to both operating systems. ;)

Thanks 2hot6ft2 and TexasMike for the continuous support.

Sorry for the delay. My internet connection was down for two days.
Actually I did what you have suggested immediately but it is not accepting for the same reason that I have already 4 partitions.

Can I try the G-Parted live CD which I already has? OR it will give the same result? Actually I wanted to have one common partition where I can store my documents etc.

Waiting for your replies...Thanks once more.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby TexasMike » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:28 am

mirchichamu,
You can use the GParted in your installed Ultimate Edition, no need for booting to an y other disk. Try this:
Click on System>Administration>GParted, the click on your "Uallocated" space and then click on the Partition menu at the top of the dialog box, and select Extended and set the size to whatever you want - up to the maximum size of the Unallocated space. Then set the Filesystem to either FAT32 or NTFS, give it a Label (if the option is available) and the click Add, and you should get a finished partition.
You could also use the partitioning utility in Windows to do the same thing. ;)
It does not matter which OS creates the partition, just be sure to make it either FAT32 or NTFS. It will be seen by both Operating Systems, and be usable by both also. Actually, it might be easier for you to do it in Windows. Just click Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management, the find and click on Disk Management, then select the unallocated space and create a new partition from it,
Hope this one of these things helps you get your partition created and.
If there are any problems, just post back with the results and we will try to help you get it resolved.
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Postby mirchichamu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm

TexasMike wrote:mirchichamu,
You can use the GParted in your installed Ultimate Edition, no need for booting to an y other disk. Try this:
Click on System>Administration>GParted, the click on your "Uallocated" space and then click on the Partition menu at the top of the dialog box, and select Extended and set the size to whatever you want - up to the maximum size of the Unallocated space. Then set the Filesystem to either FAT32 or NTFS, give it a Label (if the option is available) and the click Add, and you should get a finished partition.
You could also use the partitioning utility in Windows to do the same thing. ;)
It does not matter which OS creates the partition, just be sure to make it either FAT32 or NTFS. It will be seen by both Operating Systems, and be usable by both also. Actually, it might be easier for you to do it in Windows. Just click Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management, the find and click on Disk Management, then select the unallocated space and create a new partition from it,
Hope this one of these things helps you get your partition created and.
If there are any problems, just post back with the results and we will try to help you get it resolved.

Thanks once again!
I tried from windows side also and got the same error message that I cannot do that as I have maximum partitions already. Please see the attachment.
Attachments
Error report of disk partition.JPG
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 pm

mirchichamu wrote:Thanks once again!
I tried from windows side also and got the same error message that I cannot do that as I have maximum partitions already. Please see the attachment.

Try this using the livedvd.
Once you're at the desktop go to
System > Administration > GParted
right click on the swap partition and select swapoff
right click on any other partition that shows keys next to it meaning it's locked and select unmount
Then select the extended partition that has the other partitions inside it and click on Resize/Move
grab the right side handle with your mouse (you should be used to this by now) and drag it to the right so it will enclose the empty space without affecting the other partitions inside it.

Make sure it won't do anything to the other partitions before clicking Apply.
Once it finishes the empty space should be inside the extended partition.
Make sure swap is still off and everything is unmounted.
Then create the new partition on the empty space which is already inside the extended partition.
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby mirchichamu » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

2hot6ft2 wrote:
mirchichamu wrote:Thanks once again!

Try this using the livedvd.
Once you're at the desktop go to
System > Administration > GParted
right click on the swap partition and select swapoff
right click on any other partition that shows keys next to it meaning it's locked and select unmount
Then select the extended partition that has the other partitions inside it and click on Resize/Move
grab the right side handle with your mouse (you should be used to this by now) and drag it to the right so it will enclose the empty space without affecting the other partitions inside it.

Make sure it won't do anything to the other partitions before clicking Apply.
Once it finishes the empty space should be inside the extended partition.
Make sure swap is still off and everything is unmounted.
Then create the new partition on the empty space which is already inside the extended partition.
<BREW>

A million thanks 2hot6ft2 for your support.
Ultimately I succeeded to create another partition out of that unallocated space. <BREW> :lol: :D
Your support is much appreciated.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7